Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life is Strange

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Free on PSN plus this month

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Free on PSN plus this month

What's the verdict? I've heard the name so many times but have no idea what type of game or if it's any good. Kinda afraid to read too much about it in case of spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    What's the verdict? I've heard the name so many times but have no idea what type of game or if it's any good. Kinda afraid to read too much about it in case of spoilers.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's kind of like the Telltale games which are good when you're in the mood for them. I only played Episode one of this but enjoyed it casually drinking one lazy Sunday afternoon.
    Heard it picks up as well in later episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's kind of like the Telltale games which are good when you're in the mood for them. I only played Episode one of this but enjoyed it casually drinking one lazy Sunday afternoon.
    Heard it picks up as well in later episodes.

Ah is that the type of game it is. Yeah I don't mind the Telltale games, though I haven't bothered at all with TWD Season 3.

Well, it's free, so may as well give it a lash then so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ah is that the type of game it is. Yeah I don't mind the Telltale games, though I haven't bothered at all with TWD Season 3.

Well, it's free, so may as well give it a lash then so.

It doesn't feel as rigid as the Telltale games and there's an interesting time mechanic used throughout. Definitely well worth a playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

During Microsoft’s E3 2017 press conference, Square Enix revealed Live is Strange: Before the Storm, the sequel to the graphic adventure game is releasing its first episode of three on August 31st
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/11/life-strange-storms-episode-1-3-launch-august-31/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

It's a prequel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Had a look at the Deluxe edition on the Xbox store.

- Bonus episode: 'Farewell' - Play one last time as a young Max Caulfield in a special bonus episode...

So 4 episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

• Advertisement

Have the deluxe edition preordered with Max's farewell bonus episode. Can not wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I was hoping I could hold off getting a PS4 for another bit longer but lately there's a few games I'm/will be missing out on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

The new voice actress is being used because of union issues:
    https://twitter.com/ashly_burch/status/874344938627977216

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

So I finished this yesterday and thought I'd add my two cents:
    It just makes sense to sacrifice Chloe - perfect actual sense, I saw on some forums online that they saved Chloe so they could "stick two fingers up to destiny" and that's cool if that's how you roll; my problem is that I never really liked Chloe, she was always whinging and b1tching as if she was the only one who had ever lost a parent at a young age (as someone who did the same I didn't relate to her, but found it irritating), so when she grew up and offered to make the sacrifice I let her do it, I was actually quite proud of her - I feel in a way that this is Chloe's story, that Max is almost the McGuffin in this story because Max will play however you want her to but it's Chloe that actually learns the harsh lesson that the consequences of your actions will always catch up with you in the end - sacrificing the Bay, imo, basically makes the entire story redundant, and that ending is cack as well

TL;DR
    I let Chloe sacrifice herself and I was so proud of her for doing so

Did you get the
    'hug' ending or 'kiss' ending when she sacrificed herself?

I thought the game was leading me towards a love story between Max and Chloe but looking it up after the ending, it looked like you were given that choice of love interest or just bff by the choices you make. I didn't agree on Chloe with a lot of things so ended up getting the hug. I sacrificed the town thinking that's what should have happened but reloaded and let her sacrifice herself. That was such a better ending for my playthrough.

I think the prequel releasing in August should be interesting and maybe show more of why Chloe did what she did in the 1st game.

In my play-through
    I pursued the romantic angle with Warren (it just seemed like the right thing to do, and I let him beat the ****e out of Nathan - which i regretted once I saw just how fecked up he was) so I only got a hug - I did do the surprise kiss where Chloe dares her to in the bedroom but didn't let her take the money or side with her against David so that's probably why I got the hug - on another note I saw that the majority of players managed to avoid anyone getting hurt during the last confrontation with Frank at the RV, tried a few times but the best I could do was him getting wounded in the leg and his dog staying in the RV - how did ye get the no one gets hurt option, just out of interest?

I got no one hurt in the RV but someone posted up a link before on this thread about the ridiculous amount of tracking the game does with options and how it affects future choices.

Here's an article about that very section and the amount of detail that went into it.

http://kotaku.com/see-every-possible-decision-from-a-life-is-strange-conv-1722236059

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

In terms of presenting you with two equally horrible choices, I think the ending was really well done. However I do think there was a missed opportunity:
    The sacrifice Chloe ending is too pat. It makes sense that Chloe’s death ruins the Prescotts, but I think the unintended consequence of this choice should have been that Jefferson gets away. So you sacrifice your friend and save the town but the psycho serial killer is still at large. It would have been a nice sting in the tail for players who felt relieved of the weight of the decision by Chloe telling you to do it. I also think it's contradictory for Max to let Chloe die because time travel is bad but still use the knowledge she gained to get Jefferson arrested.

In terms of presenting you with two equally horrible choices, I think the ending was really well done. However I do think there was a missed opportunity:
    The sacrifice Chloe ending is too pat. It makes sense that Chloe’s death ruins the Prescotts, but I think the unintended consequence of this choice should have been that Jefferson gets away. So you sacrifice your friend and save the town but the psycho serial killer is still at large. It would have been a nice sting in the tail for players who felt relieved of the weight of the decision by Chloe telling you to do it. I also think it's contradictory for Max to let Chloe die because time travel is bad but still use the knowledge she gained to get Jefferson arrested.

You make a very valid point but...
    I don't think Max uses her knowledge to get Jefferson arrested; I think it works out that way because Nathan has been about to crack fro some time - if you sacrifice Chloe and Nathan is arrested then I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he confesses the whole thing to the cops (I think one on the flash photos even shows him being interrogated and then the next one shows Jefferson being arrested which imo alludes to this chain of events). That being said, I do agree that the sacrifice Chloe ending is slightly too nicely tied up

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Digging up old thread, so apologies.

But there's a 4 issue comic mini series being released this year which will follow on from the
    Save Chloe
    ending.

Personally, I only finished the game this year after a long gap after episode 1. I was pretty hooked once I got into it properly.
    I will say Alyssa was annoying when she blamed you for everything that happened to her. Though i tried saving her at the party, but I couldn't for some reason.

Have Before the Storm waiting to be played so will get to that at some point

• Advertisement

Class, I wonder if it's like a prequel to LiS 2 or a way to finish to that story for good so they can focus on new characters and locations.

Think it's to give some closure to that timeline as think it's seen as the non canon choice. If a sequel was made with same characters, etc, it will probably be based on the other ending

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I've just finished episode 2 and installed episode 3. this game is great .
    I love the music as well, few new additions to my spotify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

About an hour into Episode 1 so far. Does it get better? I'm finding the dialogue almost too cringey to continue playing.

About an hour into Episode 1 so far. Does it get better? I'm finding the dialogue almost too cringey to continue playing.

1st ep can be slow building the story and playing it, i didn't know how these teenage girls could draw me into their world but i got more and more hooked as episodes went on. One of my favourite stories and worlds by the time it ended so I'd recommend finishing the 1st ep before deciding before you will keep going or not.

Saying that, i can see how the story/writing wouldn't be for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Hated episode 1 and nearly chucked it in. Don't know what made me continue on as I hated the main characters. Anyway, got completely sucked it and loved it. I think it was about halfway through episode 2 that I really got into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was also another who didn't like episode 1 but stuck with it. I was gripped by the end of episode 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I gave up on this after episode 1... maybe should revisit given comments above

Yeah, the gap between episode 1 and 2 for me was massive and that was after all episodes had released. I then went back to it and played the remaining 4 episodes within a week, I think.
    Of course, if you're looking for an action packed game, it's not for you but if happy to play a good story it's great.
    Played the prequel earlier this year as well and the bonus episode pretty much had me shouting at the screen when I realised what was going to happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement