Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forge, Lusk

Options
  • 09-01-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    Just looking for any experiences people have living in the forge in Lusk. Are they a good build, neighbours etc and of the wider lusk area, especially schools. Have a booking deposit down on a four bed semi but won't be ready till summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

The Forge is built by Dwyer Nolan - is yours a complete new build or the finishing of one that was mothballed during the recession?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Regan01

on_my_oe wrote: »
    The Forge is built by Dwyer Nolan - is yours a complete new build or the finishing of one that was mothballed during the recession?

It's a complete new build, starting from scratch...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

There was a phase built during the recession and it was finished. The phase now is just finishing up and it was stated from scratch.

The plans changed from the last phase. They changed from a majority of terrace houses to all 3 bed semi-d's and 4 bed detached properties.

I bought one there and I think they're a pretty good build, warm, well insulated, quiet, well spec'd, good space inside compared to the boom builds.

Neighbors are good at the moment, mostly young enough people mid-30's early 40's, there's a few older couples around too. There is a good few young babies/kids around at but virtually 0 older kids at the moment anyway. I presume this is due to the majority of young couples,, young families living here.

Any questions just give me a bell.

Just a note about the summer completion date, I put my deposit down in December 2013 and was told my house would be ready in the spring 2014 but it wasn't until October 2014. A good 6 months after. I blame the estate agent though.

Is your house started yet? I thought all the 4 bed semis are moved in already.

I haven't seen inside the 4 bed semis yet but the 3 bed semis and the 4 bed detaches, in my opinion are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I'm waiting on phase 2 now to finish. Put down the deposit mid summer and was told End of October. Pushed back to Christmas, then to end of January. realistically I'd say you could add another few weeks to that.

• Advertisement

I see the painters were working over the weekend Joey so they're pushing on anyway. I presume your in the last road that's getting finished. I'm looking very jealously at the 4 bed detached at the end, nice bit of land at the side compared to all the other houses, would make a nice place for a garage. The only house in the estate you could put one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We brought elsewhere from Dwyer Nolan; EA told us four weeks from date deposit paid, which even in our 'first home' we knew was optimistic... It was six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Regan01

Thanks for the replies... I would suspect you're right about the completion date. Later the better actually suits us. But it does look like a nice little estate...

The road to the new properties is open now and most look ready for moving in or snagging. 2 houses are being moved into already. I had a nosey around them this afternoon. They look good. The detached on the end near the road has a huge pice of land at the side.

I would have loved that one and built a garage on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/39-the-avenue-the-forge-lusk-dublin/3141811

Wonder what's going on there? someone looks to have moved in, but no kitchen floor down. No blinds or curtains throughout.

For sale with Castle.

https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/website/npsra/PPR/npsra-ppr.nsf/eStampUNID/UNID-319675F6E2291F2280257DB8004CEEA2?OpenDocument

Bought for €256,170 including vat and now a quick offload

• Advertisement

I live in a property behind this one. I see the couple that own it quite often, they've only been living in it for a few months (sometime after xmas) and I could see though the window there was no floor or curtains etc put in but they were always doing stuff inside.

The guy has been out the last few days digging up the weeds in his garden, I thought he was about to lay some new turf.

No idea why they would be moving out so quick. Could be personal circumstances, change of job, moving abroad or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I was chatting to lads in the Topshop a few years ago (the night Rory McIlroy blew it in the Masters) who said the land there was a bog when they were growing up, especially the land nearer the Dublin road. They were telling me lads used dump cars and bulky waste and they'd sink into the swamp there.

It was marshy ground before the Forge started getting built - reeds growing and the like, but I never saw a lake or anything there.

Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 evilbaby77

Hey folks,
    would u recommend living in the Forge estate?
    Do u know if all the terraced houses have been sold? I mean the ones beside the Dublin road, the first ones to be built.
    Cheers
    Niamh

Yes I'm pretty sure all the terraced houses are occupied and sold.

I live there in one of the 3bed semis and I think it's pretty good. Houses are well built, well insulated, warm, it's quiet, good transport connections etc.

What else would you like to know?

I got the impression houses are a bit noisy as so close to the dublin road. I have emailed the builder to arrange a day. Are all the semis all 3 bedrooms? Thanks !!!

I live in one of the ones looking onto the Dublin road and it's grand. I don't hear any road traffic in the front Living room or any of the rear rooms.

My 7 month old sleeps in the front of the house and it's never bothered them.

The tractors in the fields around Lusk make more noise than the actual traffic from the road in front of the house.

thanks for all the info!

Hi folks,
    thinking of buying a house in The Forge.
    I have checked the houses planning and then i have checked daft.ie and myhome.ie and I have noticed those 3 bedrooms houses in the terraced area have been bought on different prices depending on the year ( from 2010 to 2013 and 2014).....how is that possible? Houses look the same ( 3 bedrooms) Prices are available on daft.....I was wandering why such a difference.....have you got a clue?
    Cheers
    Niamh

evilbaby77 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    thinking of buying a house in The Forge.
    I have checked the houses planning and then i have checked daft.ie and myhome.ie and I have noticed those 3 bedrooms houses in the terraced area have been bought on different prices depending on the year ( from 2010 to 2013 and 2014).....how is that possible? Houses look the same ( 3 bedrooms) Prices are available on daft.....I was wandering why such a difference.....have you got a clue?
    Cheers
    Niamh

The builder increased prices in accordance with demand and as prices increased generally. Very common.

well it's actually the opposite ...the prices decreased.... the same kinda of house bought in 2010/2011 ( according to daft) was more expensive than a house bought in 2013 ( same house, terraced horse shoe) ...maybe I shouldn't trust daft,.........

• Advertisement

sorry they are not actually shoe horse house.....only terraced houses.........

evilbaby77 wrote: »
    well it's actually the opposite ...the prices decreased.... the same kinda of house bought in 2010/2011 ( according to daft) was more expensive than a house bought in 2013 ( same house, terraced horse shoe) ...maybe I shouldn't trust daft,.........

Sorry assumption on my part. This increases have happened in Belmont (detailed on here) and local to be in Barnageeragh cove, for example.

The 3 bed terrace which I'm pretty sure they're not building any more of, are different styles over the years. Some had small balconies and the newer ones didn't for example.

Just incase anyone else if looking at the recent listings on daft, the photos seem to be mixed up. The photos for all adds are from the 3 bed terrace, 3 bed semi and 4 bed detached under all ads.

I also think the info and prices seem to be a bit mixed up, a bit of copy and paste too many times I think.

On another note, does anyone know is there a new brochure or site plan? The last one I seen was up until the current phase that's finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I used to have a picture of the new site but can't find it at the moment. It look like the new houses just being built are to face out onto a green area. That's as far as the plans I seen. Some of the houses being built are different than what's there currently, looks like a different floor layout to the existing 3 bed semi's so might be 4 bed semi's being built. Prices, I think, start at 295,00 for the 3 bed semi now, and around 370,000 for the 4 bed detached.

Yea I noticed that alright joey, they look like 4 bed semis. The one at the end nearest the road is different again with the side window instead of the rear. I see the back of the houses ar different as well with the extension being in the middle of the house rather than opposite sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

And remember people, if you buy here it is opposite a vegetable farm, at that means at some times of the year there will be bangers going off in the feilds to scare pidgins and crows. They don't go off all night though, just when its bright. You have been warned. Welcome to lusk:)

Ah I'm well used to that now, I hardy notice it anymore. After a while it just blurs into the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deirdre78

We bought a house in the forge a year and a half ago. The house it's self is good but the estate management is lacking. We still have not got the proper road surface and as a result the car gets damaged every time you drive it in and out of the drive way. It took them ages to turn on the street light aprokimately 8 months and the green area is till waiting for this extensive landscaping they advertise when you go to put down a deposit. I have been on to the builders countless time and have been told it will be done but still waiting a year and a half later!

• Advertisement

Always the problem with new build estates - look at barnageeragh cove, been a disgrace for years. Great houses terrible estate management.

With ironic thing being there is no management charges in some of the more mature estates and they are kept better

Advertisement