Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infracted for 'backseat moderation'

Options
  • 09-01-2015 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'd like to appeal this infraction for 'backseat moderation' I got from the mod K9.

This is my post in the Irish Water thread...Post number 639.

"Good lad.
    That was 3 examples I took out from the whole, costed, budget proposal.
    Now, as I said earlier, this thread is about FG's IW quango and the screw up it is.

Is there a reason you lads continue to try and drag it off topic?
    One would nearly suspect you were trying to deflect."

This was in reply to another poster who was posting false facts on thread.

Here's the infraction,

Dear DeJa VooDoo,

You have been infracted for posting Backseat Moderation.

Boards.ie has a team of volunteers who look after our forums and they are the ones who will give instruction or take action on a thread should it be deemed necessary.

If you see a problem with a post, report it and a mod will investigate.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

K-9

Moderator Note

Let us mods do the modding thanks. If we think something is off topic we'll post about it. Thanks.

Now, this infraction follows on from a warning the previous day for what I think was a typo on my part when I used the word 'ali' instead of 'all'

Here's that post.
    Originally Posted by DeJa VooDoo View Post
    "As far as I'm aware, and maybe I'm wrong on this, the six counties of Northern Ireland are part of the UK and as such London has a financial, legal and moral responsibility for it.

The republic of Ireland, a sovereign state, in 2010 had to ask London for almost €4 billion in loans to fund itself.

Maybe I'm missing something here ali?"

I've PM'ed the mod in question and have been told to

"Either dispute the cards in the DRP or stop pm'ing me with petty excuses for your behaviour."

I'd like this infraction removed from my record if possible as surely it couldn't be seen as 'backseat moderation'.
    I'd like the warning removed too as it just looks ridiculous tbh.

Thanks,
    DeJa VooDoo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

No reason to overturn this infraction OP nor the earlier warning.

Suggest you heed the mod advice on thread, you are skating very close to ban territory right now with some of the carry on there.

Your post #639 may not have been intended as back seat mod but as soon as you attempt to tell others how to behave in a thread you are well across the line in terms of what is permitted or not.

Just in case you missed it here is the final word from one of the mods there, and to be honest it hurt my head trying to read some of those posts:
    This personal spat between the two of ye is adding nothing and making the thread much harder to mod and for users to read. Either end it, take it to pm or both of ye will get thread banned if it flares up again.

Infraction stands Deja.
    You can request an admin review but my suggestion is to look to yourself asap otherwise you'll soon be back here challenging a ban.

Taltos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭DeJa VooDoo

Taltos wrote: »
    No reason to overturn this infraction OP nor the earlier warning.

Suggest you heed the mod advice on thread, you are skating very close to ban territory right now with some of the carry on there.

Your post #639 may not have been intended as back seat mod but as soon as you attempt to tell others how to behave in a thread you are well across the line in terms of what is permitted or not.

Just in case you missed it here is the final word from one of the mods there, and to be honest it hurt my head trying to read some of those posts:

Infraction stands Deja.
    You can request an admin review but my suggestion is to look to yourself asap otherwise you'll soon be back here challenging a ban.

Taltos

Ok that's fair enough.
    It seems to me that the mod in question doesn't act in an impartial manner like a moderator should though. Indeed, looking back at some previous threads he's posting on one side of the argument and then 'moderating' the thread too!
    To be fair, there's a couple of posters on the IW thread determined to drag it off topic in quite a trollish way at every opportunity so I've put them on the ignore list and won't be engaging with them in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement