Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus - routes 145/45a - new timetables

• 09-01-2015 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

There would appear to be a little problem with an alteration to the new 145 timetable. Originally [if my memory serves me correct] service from Ballywaltrim [Monday-Friday] was 0610/0625/0640 7 every 10 mins.

However [after local meetings / protests in Kilmacanogue?] there appears [on the timetable a few moments ago - not necessarily the one you get now] a mention of an 0735 Kilmacanogue-Heuston - no problems, it gives locals a service direct to city centre.

However, the way the timetable is presently worded, it appears there is a gap between 0650 & the 0735 departure - or am I reading it wrong ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/14511/ - 145
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/145111/ - 145 Revised Route

I think it is just badly worded. I think they mean 0610, 0625, 0640 and then every 10 minutes, plus the 0735 from Kilmacanogue, but one would be left wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

T/T, M/F, B/W :confused:

OK, I'm pretty sure T/T means timetable but can we lighten up on the abbreviations/acronyms please - I don't know what the OP means by M/F or B/W and I do use the 145, got one home last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

haulier wrote: »
    There would appear to be a little problem with an alteration to the NEW 145 T/T.
    Originally [ if my memory serves me correcty ] service from B/W [ M/F] was 0610/0625/0640 7 every 10 mins.

However [ after local meetings/ protests in KILMAC ??? ] there appears [ on the T/T a few momenrs ago - not necessesery the one u get NOW] a mention of an 0735 KILMAC/ HEUSTON - no problems, it gives locals a servive DIRECT to CITY CENTRE.

However, the way the T/T is presently worded, it appears there is a gap between 0650 & the 0735 departure - or am I reading it wrong ???

It's a presentation error - as Victor states the buses are from Ballywaltrim at 06:10, 06:25, 06:40, 06:50 and then every 10 minutes until 21:00.
    There is an extra bus from Kilmacanogue to Heuston at 07:35.
    coylemj wrote: »
    T/T, M/F, B/W :confused:

OK, I'm pretty sure T/T means timetable but can we lighten up on the abbreviations/acronyms please - I don't know what the OP means by M/F or B/W and I do use the 145, got one home last night.

I'd have to agree. The opening post is almost written in code. How hard is it for people to write things properly?

However, I would say that they are:
    T/T = Timetable
    M/F = Monday to Friday
    B/W = Ballywaltrim
    KILMAC = Kilmacanogue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭poggyone

The big mistake here is no increase of service after 2100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭thomasj

poggyone wrote: »
    The big mistake here is no increase of service after 2100.

Be grateful you're not using the 39A. That reduces to 20 mins after 6pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They could create more marking in's if these high frequency routes were to be improved as even 10 minute service is'nt enough.

There should also be expresso type 145 but limited stops as the running time on them is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭haulier

LXFLYER - Howhard is it for your beloved DB to wrire their timetables properly for their customers

LXFLYER - Howhard is it for your beloved DB to wrire their timetables properly for their customers

They are not my beloved anything, and there's no need for that kind of comment.

I just explained the fact that it's clearly an error.

Of course it should have been done properly in the first place - that's kind of basic, and it needs to be fixed as it is going to cause nothing but confusion otherwise.

Had to endure nearly 20 minute wait for a 39A this morning during the morning peak.

Here's hoping the new revised timetables do what they promise they will do.

thomasj wrote: »
    Had to endure nearly 20 minute wait for a 39A this morning during the morning peak.

Here's hoping the new revised timetables do what they promise they will do.

That sounds more like there was a bus missing for whatever reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

What is the point of the "d" route variation to the 145 services departing from Heuston at 2325?

Also, I find that 0610 is far too late for services to start from Bray towards Heuston. 0530 would be more reasonable and would allow for connections on early Irish Rail services. A midnight service ex Heuston probably wouldn't go amiss either.

V_Moth wrote: »
    What is the point of the "d" route variation to the 145 services departing from Heuston at 2325?

Also, I find that 0610 is far too late for services to start from Bray towards Heuston. 0530 would be more reasonable and would allow for connections on early Irish Rail services. A midnight service ex Heuston probably wouldn't go amiss either.

It is making the point that the last bus from the main city centre stop (D'Olier Street) is at 23:30.

All of the cross-city buses should have this - but only certain ones actually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

lxflyer wrote: »
    It is making the point that the last bus from the main city centre stop (D'Olier Street) is at 23:30.

All of the cross-city buses should have this - but only certain ones actually do.

Does that mean the first stop is Dolier st not Heuston?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No, it means it departs Heuston at 23:25, and that it also has an official departure time from the D'Olier Street stop at 23:30. It serves all stops.

Unlike all other departures on cross-city routes, the final cross-city services have official departure times from the city centre stop, which they must wait until.

That footnote is just highlighting that it departs the D'Olier Street stop at 23:30.

Look at the 11 timetable to see what I mean:
    http://dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/11/

The 23:00 departure from Wadelai will not leave O'Connell Street until 23:30, and the 23:00 departure from Sandyford will also not leave O'Connell Street until 23:30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

That is exactly what I thought when I first saw the timetable. I think it just adds confusion to the timetable.

V_Moth wrote: »
    That is exactly what I thought when I first saw the timetable. I think it just adds confusion to the timetable.

Well it is providing clarity about the final departure time from the main city centre stop - that is something that every cross-city bus timetable should show given that Dublin Bus still insist on only showing departure times from their route termini.

However, I think it probably could do with rewording. Perhaps "d From Heuston Rail Station and departs D’Olier St. at 23:30" would read better.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭haulier

Revised145 timetable now revised again. The situation is much clearer, job is done - maybe DB were lurking at our musings on the matter !!

Revised145 timetable now revised again. The situation is much clearer, job is done - maybe DB were lurking at our musings on the matter !!

Agreed - it's much clearer, and certainly should not cause confusion. That is how it should have looked in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Buses have always departed at 2330 as this was also done 100 years or so ago when there were trams.

145 was changed a while back as it use to leave heuston at 2320 but 5mins was added as drivers were getting grief for leaving people behind.

Buses have always departed at 2330 as this was also done 100 years or so ago when there were trams.

Indeed, that may as well be true, but looking at certain cross-city timetables how is anyone not familiar with the bus service to know this?

On some of the routes it isn't mentioned at all!

• Advertisement

20 minute wait for a 39a for the second day in a row. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭poggyone

thomasj wrote: »
    20 minute wait for a 39a for the second day in a row. :mad:

What has this got to do with the 145?

Advertisement