Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

slacks, blazer, shirt

• 09-01-2015 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have never really been one for the combo in the subject line, but these days I feel the need to own such a combo.

I have a lot of smart casual things at work where men would wear this, I'd usually just wear my suit without a tie.

I do actually dress well but it's usually jeans, cons or boots and a shirt or T-shirt.

But I now want the slacks, good shirt and good blazer.

Would like to hear some opinions on where is best to pick it all up though, as I need decent quality, not quite as funky as Ted Baker, and haven't a fortune to spend.

And I'm not talking river island type stuff either, I'm a man in my early 30s , slim, with shoulders, would love an opinion on where to go

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

If your not looking to spend a lot of money at all I'd advise that you look at places like M&S and then get the clothes tailored to fit you correctly as this will make you look 10 times better.

If your looking to spend a bit more money I'd advise you look at places such as BT, BT2, House of Fraiser etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TwoGuysDublin

Bored Lad gives a good shout there with M&S. They've upped their range inestimably compared to years back and some of it is quite nice. Picked up a 100% wool blazer in there for €199 which is reasonable and may suit your price range.

If you're looking for something off the beaten track, give these guys a try: Feraud Dublin. As I'm new I can't post the URL but they're on Duke St. Google will assist :)

Very helpful staff, 50% sale on at the moment and a really nice range of stuff. Was in there at the weekend and heading back in next weekend to pick up a blazer.

If you have the time, inclination, picking up stuff from multiple sources can make for a better look. I know some people tend to just get it all in one place as it's convenient but there are so many bargains to be had. House of Fraser does flash sales that makes it well worth signing up to their email list. I've picked up pieces that fit your exact description for near half the price from there.

Massimo Dutti is a great shout too. One in Dundrum, one on Grafton St. It's not Ted Baker prices(which are grossly overpriced) and it's not River Island. I'm confident I could bring someone in there and make them look a million bucks spending nowhere near it.

They have lovely slim fit, black/navy/cream chinos you should check out. The leg length is standard 34 in Dutti so not sure how that fits you, but just to be aware. Either way, get them taken up and job done.

Anything else you're wondering about I might be able to help with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Thanks lads, very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TwoGuysDublin

Thanks lads, very helpful

No probs. If you're of the disposition, would welcome some pics of your purchases on here or if you wanted any feedback, I'd be glad to bounce a few ideas around. Up to you.

Advertisement