Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 motion detection recording cameras

Options
  • 10-01-2015 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

hi all,

im not a cctv expert,

i need some expert advice, im having trouble with some neighbors, long story short i need 4 small outdoor cameras that are motion detection sensitive. basically record when movement is detected near the house for vandalism. the ideal set up would be cameras that record to a dvr when activated and that i can check back on that evening by checking on a monitor. can anyone recommend a system or post some links up. also what sort of price range would i be looking at?

cheers

stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Nearly all systems will do what you want. I personally use Hikvision and find them to be excellent on quality and price. Give IDAS a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Camera location and picture quality are key in this.

If you have the height to put good quality cameras up out of the way then I would do that, bearing in mind that the higher up they are you will get less facial shots, even before the hood id pulled up.

If you have broadband in the house then you can get the output in real time on your phone.

To seat the process I bought a 4 by analogue camera set up with DVR, no screen.
    It was 400 euro, the cameras are rated 600 TVL but I reckon the CCD is crap.

They are fine in the daylight but at night the quality is just crap, with IR burnout/flare and the like.

Make sure you don't go outside your property boundary, you can mask what the camera sees via the DVR controls.

The other crap feature of my kit is that the CMS software on the DVD that came with the kit won't "see" the DVR.

Therefore, in a few words, you don't get what you don't pay for.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Camera location and picture quality are key in this.

If you have the height to put good quality cameras up out of the way then I would do that, bearing in mind that the higher up they are you will get less facial shots, even before the hood id pulled up.

Camera location is very important. If you have the camera up under the sofit on a two storey house all you will see is the head. All you will get is an overview of an area also. Half way down is a better location.

Advertisement