Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of getting watch battery replaced?

Options
  • 10-01-2015 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Anyone know what the going rate would be to get a watch battery replaced in Dublin these days? was quoted €15 in a local jewelers earlier today and thought it was a bit steep considering it would only take a minute or two to do, and you can buy a strip of watch batteries for feck all.

Just an analogue Pulsar, nothing fancy!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

paulosam wrote: »
    Anyone know what the going rate would be to get a watch battery replaced in Dublin these days? was quoted €15 in a local jewelers earlier today and thought it was a bit steep considering it would only take a minute or two to do, and you can buy a strip of watch batteries for feck all.

Thanks!

i got mine changed in a jewellers in Trim last year, charged me 3 euro

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's about right imo paid that for a battery with a five year warranty and fitting.

It's not just about the couple of minutes to change it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Stheno wrote: »
    That's about right imo paid that for a battery with a five year warranty and fitting.

It's not just about the couple of minutes to change it

Try & see if you can get a precision screwdriver, check eurostores, as i always walk away with stuff, you'll either think you need or handy for someone else.

Same happened as well with watch strap, as it would have costed €20 in a jewellers for a Nike watch i got for birthday, , so the next time the watches & strap replacements were in i got in Aldi inc the bar for takin it out, i bought them, saves you in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

paulosam wrote: »

Thanks!
    You're right it takes a minute or two to change a battery and when buying in bulk the batteries cost 10cent
    Buying one one ebay will cost about €1.50, if you are not in a hurry open the watch and get the battery number, buy one and fit it yourself
    Or you could shop around, a place near me charges €5 per watch
    Only reason to pay more is if it's a divers watch and it will need to be professionally sealed

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭din0saur

cost me €8 in local jewellers

supposed to last 2 years but only lasted 1.5 yrs for me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

In Killarney, they are around e7/8 for my watch, but I would guess it varies for different batteries. If you do want to do it yourself, get a decent battery, those 'strip' of batteries, or those in the euro store aren't worth a crap imo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You're right it takes a minute or two to change a battery and when buying in bulk the batteries cost 10cent
    Buying one one ebay will cost about €1.50,
    you get 10 packs of watch batteries on DX for under €1.50, and that includes delivery

http://www.dx.com/s/watch%2bbattery?PriceIntvl=1-66&PriceSort=up

Some €2 type shops will do packs of various sizes, I got 32 batteries for €2.

I expect some of the iphone repair places might do it cheaper than a jeweller if your are not confident about opening a watch. I expect there are loads of guides online on how to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i would only use or recommend renata batteries, never leak and last ages, wouldnt fancy one of those in my breitling or tag

Advertisement