Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kids tablets???

• 10-01-2015 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My 5yr olds birthday next week.
    Need some advice please. I'm torn between the leap pad ultra or vetch innotab max...
    Any recommendations or experience of either of these . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

They're 5 for ****'s sake. Buy them a football or some lego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

If you really want tablet..
    Not familiar with exactly those-but Anything by Leap never kept any of our amused for more than 2 mins. Poor graphics, poor games and expensive content- maybe its changed though?
    Youd be better off with a real but cheap android tablet in a very protective case.

Lots more content better and cheaper. Plus you can repurpose it if kids dont like it.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/tablets/rte-juniorpad-tablet.html

Not sure if youll get it any cheaper, but its ok for what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

They're 5 for ****'s sake. Buy them a football or some lego.

Why? My nephew is 4 he's taking a really big shine to using a digital camera. He can take photos, delete them and when his father puts them on to the iPad for him he can use the iOS inbuilt editing tools to make the photos smaller/crops things out.

Like it or not technology is here to stay. Embracing technology instead of trying to fit our childhoods on to our children will only help them and not hinder them.

Obviously all in moderation though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Why? My nephew is 4 he's taking a really big shine to using a digital camera. He can take photos, delete them and when his father puts them on to the iPad for him he can use the iOS inbuilt editing tools to make the photos smaller/crops things out.

Like it or not technology is here to stay. Embracing technology instead of trying to fit our childhoods on to our children will only help them and not hinder them.

Obviously all in moderation though!

Thats the secret.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Leave the unhelpful comments and remarks out please.

Advertisement