Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

State of the weather. I guess I'm staying in. The question is though, which unlucky delivery man am I summoning to my door? Any suggestions? I live in D2

Get aussie bbq via deliveroo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

We're going for dinner on Saturday night to an over the top fancy schmancy hotel/restaurant.

Problem number 1 - looks like it's a suit and tie job...uptight there for a start.
    Problem number 2 - I just looked up the menu and there is literally nothing on it I'll eat.
    Problem number 3 - wife's mother and father are going (not much crack to be had with a couple who are almost 70)

Any one think of an excuse that I can pull out here - might try the old "fake my own death" if all else fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

mfceiling wrote: »
    We're going for dinner on Saturday night to an over the top fancy schmancy hotel/restaurant.

Problem number 1 - looks like it's a suit and tie job...uptight there for a start.
    Problem number 2 - I just looked up the menu and there is literally nothing on it I'll eat.
    Problem number 3 - wife's mother and father are going (not much crack to be had with a couple who are almost 70)

Any one think of an excuse that I can pull out here - might try the old "fake my own death" if all else fails.

The old "explosive diarrhoea" never fails. A few trips to the jacks, holding your stomach and looking uncomfortable and shouting curses from the throne while you're in there - she won't suspect a thing!*

* Make sure you open the windows so she thinks you're getting rid of the smell

Zzippy wrote: »
    The old "explosive diarrhoea" never fails. A few trips to the jacks, holding your stomach and looking uncomfortable and shouting curses from the throne while you're in there - she won't suspect a thing!*

* Make sure you open the windows so she thinks you're getting rid of the smell

Feed of egg sandwiches beforehand and there'll be no pretending needed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Feed of egg sandwiches beforehand and there'll be no pretending needed...

Plain Muller rice with choc milk mixed in, dumped on the toilet and trailed from the door to the throne should seal the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

There's ERC matches on. That's a perfectly valid excuse right there.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm sure they'll cook you some chicken nuggets and chips if you ask really nicely mfceiling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭TeoReid

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Plain Muller rice with choc milk mixed in, dumped on the toilet and trailed from the door to the throne should seal the deal

I get the feeling you've used this one before...

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll cook you some chicken nuggets and chips if you ask really nicely mfceiling

Would be sweet if that was the case. Fcuking nonsense like quails eggs with green asparagus and broccoli puree.
    What's wrong with soup?
    Poached Atlantic halibut with razor clams, cockles, tarragon and watercress puree.
    Rib eye steak, chips, onion rings and pepper sauce for MF please.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Would be sweet if that was the case. Fcuking nonsense like quails eggs with green asparagus and broccoli puree.
    What's wrong with soup?
    Poached Atlantic halibut with razor clams, cockles, tarragon and watercress puree.
    DO you mind me asking the name of this restaurant?

I have an OH like you, I've to make sure they have steak on the menu or he faints.

We went to Bon Appetit in Malahide one year for my birthday, he said the best thing about the food was the bread.

Philistine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Triumvirate

Bon Appetit is quite different now. They lost their Michelin star but have become far more accessible to the average punter in terms of palate. Lovely tapas and cocktail bar available.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bon Appetit is quite different now. They lost their Michelin star but have become far more accessible to the average punter in terms of palate. Lovely tapas and cocktail bar available.

Yeah it was before that alright, though we were in the bistro, not Le Restaurant.

Stheno wrote: »

I have an OH like you, I've to make sure they have steak on the menu or he faints.

We went to Bon Appetit in Malahide one year for my birthday, he said the best thing about the food was the bread.

I've never had philistine bread, is it unleavened?

Ballyfin

• Advertisement

TeoReid wrote: »
    I get the feeling you've used this one before...

Nope, I just have a very creative and artistic side dontcha know! :)

Ballyfin

Ah, I'd say that would be well over the top!

I remember looking into going for a stay there, and deciding no as it seems to be very very formal and a little la di da. And the prices were eye watering

And online you can't even see the menus that I can see.

I'd reckon you might get away with the suit, but the country squire look might be desired :D

Completely OT, but rugby knowledge just ruined a TV show.

Jessica Jones episode 9 Aka Sin Bin. In the episode JJ makes a big break through, watching a movie of a child crying in 1985, his parents are telling him not to be sad about being sent to the "sin bin" because his hero (a rugby player) isn't. JJ looks up what sin bin is, finds out is a rugby penalty. She looks up the player and thus manages to get a geographical reference for where the kid is from.

Problem, no sin bin in Rugby Union prior to 2001. The kid is a union fan, you see it in the background when the present day kid is watching it.

What's wrong with soup?

That sounds delicious! Not the steak, the rest...

Ah, I'd say that would be well over the top!

I remember looking into going for a stay there, and deciding no as it seems to be very very formal and a little la di da. And the prices were eye watering

And online you can't even see the menus that I can see.

I'd reckon you might get away with the suit, but the country squire look might be desired :D

I hate fuss and pomp with a passion. Waiters lifting silver lids off trays like they're unveiling the most amazing thing you're ever going to see in your life. Dining room where there is more atmosphere in outer space. Portions of food that would barely fill the holes in your teeth.

I've been to 2 Michelin starred restaurants before and both times I've left feeling hungry. The second time I actually stopped at the chipper to get something that would put a dent in the hunger.

Probably sound ungrateful (it's a present) but I'd rather sit at home in front of the fire with a spice box rather than dress up to the nines to sit down to food that I don't particularly care for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Damn, I really need to get a spice box next time I'm in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

what is this spice bag nonsense i've been hearing about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

RuggieBear wrote: »
    what is this spice bag nonsense i've been hearing about?

Salt and chili chicken and salt and chili chips all in a bag for <€7 usually. For extra awesomeness get salt and chili chicken balls too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The world is a strange and mysterious place compared to what I'm used to.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Podge_irl wrote: »
    The world is a strange and mysterious place compared to what I'm used to.

... youre from a different planet?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ... youre from a different planet?

Yeah, Munster :)

Salt and chili chicken and salt and chili chips all in a bag for <€7 usually. For extra awesomeness get salt and chili chicken balls too!

Has the munchy box not superseded this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Has the munchy box not superseded this?

For some. I'm not mad on the wings and ribs tbh. Our Chinese does free wings on orders over a certain price which we go over when 4 order from the house anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Four of us on Fantasy Football on 8-5 with one weekend to go! The feckin' comish is way ahead...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Four of us on Fantasy Football on 8-5 with one weekend to go! The feckin' comish is way ahead...

Didn't even need to cheat.

This time.

:pac:

• Advertisement

I know a few on here play CSGO, they just introduced a new pistol and its an absolute game breaker. One of the best guns in the game, costs 850 and wrecks everything.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I know a few on here play CSGO, they just introduced a new pistol and its an absolute game breaker. One of the best guns in the game, costs 850 and wrecks everything.

Great craic

One quick visit to the doctors, one quick referral letter to a surgeon in vincents private and with a bit of luck I'll have my operation over and done before Xmas.
    A hernia...oh so that's what that lump was poking out of my stomach this last 5 months!!

I've bred a monster.

Supports Munster, then Connaught and Ulster.

Has a Leinster season ticket, but considers all provinces the same, unless Munster or Connaught are playing.

wtf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I've bred a monster.

Has a Leinster season ticket, but considers all provinces the same, unless Munster or Connaught are playing.

wtf.

You've got a good one there. Steer him towards Connacht though ;)

I've bred a monster.

wtf.

Munster ahead of Connacht! WTF?!!

I've bred a monster.

wtf.

Sounds like youre dating thomond!!
    :)

Munster ahead of Connacht! WTF?!!

Yes from Cork

Well ballyfin is very nice although I'd say there's more atmosphere on the moon. Everyone sitting here whispering to one another. Going to be a long evening.

• Advertisement

Well ballyfin is very nice although I'd say there's more atmosphere on the moon. Everyone sitting here whispering to one another. Going to be a long evening.

Is this a riddle? The answer is wine. Lots of wine.

I'm driving...

And now someone has started to play the piano. Christ...

I'm driving...

The answer is still wine ffs!

I'm driving...

Pfft! Amateur mistake...

It's seriously formal, almost 19th century like.

Getting plastered would lead to nightmares for a week and probably the spare room

Gave some random lad my phone to take a picture last night. I somehow forgot to get it back off him.... and now its off.

• Advertisement

Could anyone recommend a new phone? I last had a one-plus-one

I've an HTC M9 and it's decent enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

If you're into buying in like the one plus the lenovo zuk z1 is decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

GentleHandsomeAcornweevil.gif

Can't argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Now I know how my girlfriend feels.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.