Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Looks like the kardashians are going to be a regular feature in our house. The youngest one is pleasant on the eyes to be fair.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »
    On another note, One Direction are on stage now and it's a real cheesefest. Some dodgy vocals too! :pac:

What in the name of all that is good are you watching?

RITA1_2602311a.jpg

This is not even the most revealing thing she has worn this year. :)

Which one is ora? Who is the other one?

*clearly for keeping up with the youth*

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Stheno wrote: »
    What in the name of all that is good are you watching?

X Factor Final is on.
    mfceiling wrote: »
    Which one is ora? Who is the other one?

*clearly for keeping up with the youth*

Rita on the left. Louisa from X Factor on the right.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

X Factor Final is on.

Ah right. :)

X Factor Final is on.

Rita on the left. Louisa from X Factor on the right.

*heads to google images*

If Aldo can do this in half the time it took McGregor to do it, it makes Aldo twice as good. Its simple maths.

If Aldo can do this in half the time it took McGregor to do it, it makes Aldo twice as good. Its simple maths.
    #

Jaysis was there not agreement earlier to put the Aldo/McGregor discussion to bed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

But then if McGregor knocked Aldo out in twice that time, does that not make McGregor 1.5 times better than Aldo? :pac:

• Advertisement

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    But then if McGregor knocked Aldo out in twice that time, does that not make McGregor 1.5 times better than Aldo? :pac:

Ah jesus, someone pm me when this topic gets back to normal :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah, this is supposed to be about the NFL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Leaving for the airport in an hour to be back in the west of Ireland at 10pm this evening. Feeling very Christmassy :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Bazzo wrote: »
    Leaving for the airport in an hour to be back in the west of Ireland at 10pm this evening. Feeling very Christmassy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'm going to be home in Ireland for the first Christmas since 2010, really looking forward to it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Going home on Friday for Christmas and then Lapland for New Years. Can't wait.

• Advertisement

/Comes into forum.
    /Starts reading various threads

/flees forum:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Podge_irl wrote: »

Nice! Hope ya get the Northern Lights in Lapland. Gonna have to get up north sometime to see them...

Is that that new strip club on d'Olier street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

/Comes into forum.
    /Starts reading various threads

/flees forum:eek:

Says the one who started a thread about the chemist on Parnell st! ...read a few posts and backed away quickly :)

Is that that new strip club on d'Olier street?

Next rugby beers venue?

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    Nice! Hope ya get the Northern Lights in Lapland. Gonna have to get up north sometime to see them...

We'll be quite far south as far as Lapland goes (but still ludicrously far north as far as normality goes) so it will be hit and miss. They do get them there some times though so I'm pretty hopeful.

We'll be quite far south as far as Lapland goes (but still ludicrously far north as far as normality goes) so it will be hit and miss. They do get them there some times though so I'm pretty hopeful.

Didn't they see the northern lights in some parts of Scotland last year and maybe even the tip of norn iron too?

You could be very lucky. A friend of mine got great photos of them from the Sperrin mountains in Tyrone last year.

Apparently my knowledge of the northern lights is ropey so - we'll be further north than Reykjavik so hopefully we get a good look if they're about. Really want to see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Didn't they see the northern lights in some parts of Scotland last year and maybe even the tip of norn iron too?

Yeah they were visible from Donegal at some stage, I remember a mate who happened to be up there telling me.

I was off the plane about 10 mins and got soaked, then the bus was late. Ah Ireland, I've missed you. :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My big fat gypsy wedding on More4 right now.

They're in Cork! :pac:

First communion, some of the outfits will possibly show the priest a little bit much skin.

First communion, some of the outfits will possibly show the priest a little bit much skin.[/QUOTE

Meh, that's tame for mbfgw tbh

You're not taking inspiration from it now are you? :pac:

I'm trying to motivate myself to write a report.

First communion, some of the outfits will possibly show the priest a little bit much skin.

X - factor and gypsy wedding. You're marrying the wrong women awec. I went out to walk the dog and she was watching the kardashians. Came home and it was Made in Chelsea. I'm leaving...

mfceiling wrote: »
    X - factor and gypsy wedding. You're marrying the wrong women awec. I went out to walk the dog and she was watching the kardashians. Came home and it was Made in Chelsea. I'm leaving...

Now I've never watched either of those.

Are they as bad as they sound? Just the sight of that Kim Kardashian makes me feel unwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

In watching star wars episodes two and three, ahead of watching 7 on Wednesday night. Is there a bigger creep than Hayden Christensen.

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    In watching star wars episodes two and three, ahead of watching 7 on Wednesday night. Is there a bigger creep than Hayden Christensen.

I heard they originally wanted Jimmy Saville for the part..!

I heard they originally wanted Jimmy Saville for the part..!

Of the priest in my big fat gypsy wedding cork communion?

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Of the priest in my big fat gypsy wedding cork communion?

Were you watching that along with awec?

Something is terribly wrong with this forum.

DO ye not have mancaves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer, OBJ might be getting you into the playoffs. He's just made a phenomenal TD catch.

Were you watching that along with awec?

Something is terribly wrong with this forum.

DO ye not have mancaves?

No! Thankfully I don't watch any reality tv of any description

Buer, OBJ might be getting you into the playoffs. He's just made a phenomenal TD catch.

I thought awec was a lock for the playoffs.

Ah well, Buer lives to die horrifically and vengefully by my hand next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

errlloyd wrote: »

My prep for 7 has involved ensuring I do not watch any of the prequels. I don't want to consider the possibility that I'll be similarly disappointed by this. Original trilogy all the way. Could only get tickets for Friday so I might just go offline completely for the couple of days beforehand. I don't want this ruined at all.

molloyjh wrote: »
    My prep for 7 has involved ensuring I do not watch any of the prequels. I don't want to consider the possibility that I'll be similarly disappointed by this. Original trilogy all the way. Could only get tickets for Friday so I might just go offline completely for the couple of days beforehand. I don't want this ruined at all.

Sat down with my 5 year old to watch "A New Hope" to see how he got on. Seemed interested enough but not mad about it either. I suspect the new movie will be too much for him, but if it gets a soft enough rating I'd love to bring him along.

Not sure about anyone else, I'm a star wars fanatic, read loads of books, can recite the original trilogy, played most of the games, have the t-shirts, mugs and action figures.

But I'm not that pushed about the new movie. I think the prequels were so bad that I'm still in a buyer beware state of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Obviously the prequels were much but I think there's probably a bit of a hole in the "Space Opera" market that Star Wars can fill. There's not even and decent Sci Fi tv shows any more (although The Expanse does look promising after the first episode and I enjoyed those books).

• Advertisement

Obviously the prequels were much but I think there's probably a bit of a hole in the "Space Opera" market that Star Wars can fill. There's not even and decent Sci Fi tv shows any more (although The Expanse does look promising after the first episode and I enjoyed those books).

Yeah the first episode was actually quite good, was surprised by it as I saw it was on scyfi channel and I understood they only produced dross.

Sat down with my 5 year old to watch "A New Hope" to see how he got on. Seemed interested enough but not mad about it either. I suspect the new movie will be too much for him, but if it gets a soft enough rating I'd love to bring him along.

Not sure about anyone else, I'm a star wars fanatic, read loads of books, can recite the original trilogy, played most of the games, have the t-shirts, mugs and action figures.

But I'm not that pushed about the new movie. I think the prequels were so bad that I'm still in a buyer beware state of mind.

I have a huge amount of faith in JJ Abrams after Star Trek. He took a franchise that I had no interest in and made it something I actually quite enjoyed (lens flares aside). I really rate him as a director. I thought Super 8 was spot on as well. And the trailers have looked really good without giving anything away at the same time which in itself should be applauded these days. How often do you see the entire plot and/or all the best bits in a trailer?

Never heard of that before now. Must give it a look.

I have a huge amount of faith in JJ Abrams after Star Trek. He took a franchise that I had no interest in and made it something I actually quite enjoyed (lens flares aside). I really rate him as a director. I thought Super 8 was spot on as well. And the trailers have looked really good without giving anything away at the same time which in itself should be applauded these days. How often do you see the entire plot and/or all the best bits in a trailer?

Ha - I love Star Trek and whilst I enjoyed the first film as a movie, I didn't like the concept of changing the entire background of the show at all.

Thought the second film was dire. I think JJ was associated with Star Wars mid production and it looked like he switched focus and phoned it in with that one.

Personally I don't mind Abrams, I'm not sold on him like others. To put it into perspective, I think his best movie is Mission Impossible 3. I also detest Lindelof's writing and worry about him getting his hands on the Star Wars universe.

The one big positive is that I think Abrams can create a likeable albeit fairly generic opening to the new trilogy, and they have different talent locked in for the later two films that have a more specific style which I think nicely mirrors the shift from Lucas to Kershner to Marquand with the originals.

Ha - I love Star Trek and whilst I enjoyed the first film as a movie, I didn't like the concept of changing the entire background of the show at all.

Thought the second film was dire. I think JJ was associated with Star Wars mid production and it looked like he switched focus and phoned it in with that one.

Personally I don't mind Abrams, I'm not sold on him like others. To put it into perspective, I think his best movie is Mission Impossible 3. I also detest Lindelof's writing and worry about him getting his hands on the Star Wars universe.

The one big positive is that I think Abrams can create a likeable albeit fairly generic opening to the new trilogy, and they have different talent locked in for the later two films that have a more specific style which I think nicely mirrors the shift from Lucas to Kershner to Marquand with the originals.

I wouldn't be a fan of Lindelof either. Is he due to be involved in Star Wars? He came out a while back to say he wouldn't really want to be.

I wouldn't be a fan of Lindelof either. Is he due to be involved in Star Wars? He came out a while back to say he wouldn't really want to be.

Well he's been brought in to salvage projects that weren't working for audiences a few times. In fairness, this is a difficult job and perhaps has had a bit of an impact on his reputation. Whilst he isn't involved at the moment, if we see him brought in on any of the movies mid production we know we're in trouble.

Two films I was really excited to see - World War Z and Promethius both were re drafted (badly) by Lindelof.

• Advertisement

Well he's been brought in to salvage projects that weren't working for audiences a few times. In fairness, this is a difficult job and perhaps has had a bit of an impact on his reputation. Whilst he isn't involved at the moment, if we see him brought in on any of the movies mid production we know we're in trouble.

Two films I was really excited to see - World War Z and Promethius both were re drafted (badly) by Lindelof.

Great book ruined by a woeful film. And they are doing a sequel!

Great book ruined by a woeful film. And they are doing a sequel!

The original script was better. He goes to Russia after Israel, there is no cure, massive battle in Russia, escapes through sewers as Moscow falls, makes his way across Europe into second film which is basically European Vacation, zombie apocalypse survival edition and then eventually tries to get back to his family.

And Mathew Fox being in it makes much more sense as he tries to basically take his wife and family and pretend that Brad Pitt's character is dead.

Anyway, they ran out of cash so crash landed in Wales instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

LOL. This guy has all sorts of educational vids. I'm gonna do myself some Irish history. Mods can remove the vid if it breaks forum rules or causes a shìtfest. Which is possible.

swiwi_ wrote: »

LOL. This guy has all sorts of educational vids. I'm gonna do myself some Irish history. Mods can remove the vid if it breaks forum rules or causes a shìtfest. Which is possible.

Didn't you delete your account?

Four showings of Star Wars for tomorrow in Dundrum in 2D, twenty seven showings in 3D... has the world gone mad. 3D sucks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement