Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

mfceiling wrote: »
    Unreal darts tonight.

That an oxymoron?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

wp_rathead wrote: »
    That an oxymoron?

Sport of the gods dude! :)

Witg MVG gone, you've got to think Taylor has a chance. I'd fancy him against anyone bar Anderson at the moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Witg MVG gone, you've got to think Taylor has a chance. I'd fancy him against anyone bar Anderson at the moment.

That Phil Taylor?

Stheno wrote: »
    That Phil Taylor?

Yep, he's got Klaasen next who's blown more cold than hot since he switched from the BDO

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yep, he's got Klaasen next who's blown more cold than hot since he switched from the BDO

Can't stand Taylor he's the Floyd merriweather of darts imo

Can't stand Taylor he's the Floyd merriweather of darts imo

He's black?

He's black?

No his record of how he treats wwomen is disgusting

No his record of how he treats wwomen is disgusting

The camper van? Not his finest moment, but I think that was a one off and not exactly a show of his normal behaviour

• Advertisement

The camper van? Not his finest moment, but I think that was a one off and not exactly a show of his normal behaviour

That, how he treated his ex and daughtersand his overall attitude.

He's a boor

That, how he treated his ex and daughtersand his overall attitude.

He's a boor

A family break up played out in the press is never going to end well

A family break up played out in the press is never going to end well

True I just cannot find anything likeable about him

We should agree to disagree :)

True I just cannot find anything likeable about him

We should agree to disagree :)

Nah, I disagree ;)

Maybe he should take 2 Rennie's? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

That Duffy fight was class but Porier deserved it over 3 rounds - if it was over 5 like meant be in Dublin who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

wp_rathead wrote: »
    That Duffy fight was class but Porier deserved it over 3 rounds - if it was over 5 like meant be in Dublin who knows

Duffy had the edge on his feet, but he couldn't stop DP taking him down. Porier was very impressive when controlling from the top. Still, the defeat shouldn't dishearten Duffy too much, onwards and upwards for him.

Communion dress yesterday, her bday party today, im broke! Anybody lend a fairy a fiver? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Duffy had the edge on his feet, but he couldn't stop DP taking him down. Porier was very impressive when controlling from the top. Still, the defeat shouldn't dishearten Duffy too much, onwards and upwards for him.

It should concern him a bit in terms of his takedown defence which was nowhere near good enough. Poirier isnt a particularly renowned wrestler and at the top of the division there are a lot of outstanding wrestlers who would feast on Duffy if he doesnt improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

So. Making a Murderer anyone?

sullivlo wrote: »

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Pretty crazy. Half way through I had to do a quick google to make sure it wasn't scripted. I still have no idea what happened to be honest.

Best guess:
    Either Steven killed her and the cops planted evidence to make sure of the conviction, there was definitely something dodgy going on with some of the police anyway, or else, and this is way out there, the ex-boyfriend or someone like that(deleted voicemails?) killed her and burned the body. Colburn and Lenk moved the remains & the car to Avery's property(calling in the plates?)

It's hard to know what happened, no matter what narrative people come up with some things are just left unexplained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I watched the first ep and found it interesting. Not sure if it going to be able to retain my interest for 9 more eps though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I watched the first ep and found it interesting. Not sure if it going to be able to retain my interest for 9 more eps though.

Keep going. It gets more and more insane as it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Keep going. It gets more and more insane as it goes on.

second that, you'll be gripped by the end

It is single handedly both the best and the worst documentary I've ever seen. Absolutely mental, gripping stuff.

Bazzo wrote: »
    Pretty crazy. Half way through I had to do a quick google to make sure it wasn't scripted. I still have no idea what happened to be honest.

Best guess:
    Either Steven killed her and the cops planted evidence to make sure of the conviction, there was definitely something dodgy going on with some of the police anyway, or else, and this is way out there, the ex-boyfriend or someone like that(deleted voicemails?) killed her and burned the body. Colburn and Lenk moved the remains & the car to Avery's property(calling in the plates?)

It's hard to know what happened, no matter what narrative people come up with some things are just left unexplained.
    My best guess:
    I reckon that Bobby and Scott (?) (the two who provided a dodgy alibi for each other with conflicting timelines), have something to do with it. Perhaps they killed her, transported her to the quarry in her Rav4 (hence the blood in the boot), killed her, burned her body, and fled. THEN that plank of a cop found the Rav4 and they took it as an opportunity to make Avery look bad & moved the vehicle and planted some evidence.

There are other members of the Avery family that didn't feature in the documentary that could have equally been involved. His brother for example.

However I'm not 100% convinced that Steven is innocent, so I'm really conflicted.

Watched episode one last night.

Are all ten episodes about this one case?

Yes. The evidence, trial and verdict of the murder of Teresa Halbach and the role that Steven and Brendan potentially played in it.

The first episode barely held my attention, the second one gripped me then suddenly I'm on episode five... Stick with it

The first episode barely held my attention, the second one gripped me then suddenly I'm on episode five... Stick with it

I'm jealous that you still have episode 7 ahead of you.

• Advertisement

I'm jealous that you still have episode 7 ahead of you.

7? would it not be 5, or are there 2 episodes out there I don't know about

b.gud wrote: »
    7? would it not be 5, or are there 2 episodes out there I don't know about
    Episode number 7. Not 7 episodes.

Episode number 7. Not 7 episodes.

ah sorry, my habit of scanning over text once again leaves me red faced :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

No. The first episode just gives background on the defendant, his family and his previous charges. The last line of the first episode alludes to what the next 9 are about; the main material is about to begin.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Buer wrote: »
    No. The first episode just gives background on the defendant, his family and his previous charges. The last line of the first episode alludes to what the next 9 are about; the main material is about to begin.

You don't post often enough these days. Where have you disappeared to? Wasn't your missus pregnant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    You don't post often enough these days. Where have you disappeared to? Wasn't your missus pregnant?

Poor fellow in work today telling me about his life and telling me that "we're pregnant".

Sorry what...when did this become a thing? Your missus is pregnant, it's your job to skive off and take things handy because of the sh!t storm that's coming your way in the years to come!!

Poor fellow in work today telling me about his life and telling me that "we're pregnant".

Sorry what...when did this become a thing? Your missus is pregnant, it's your job to skive off and take things handy because of the sh!t storm that's coming your way in the years to come!!

Bazzo wrote: »

Best guess:

I think your first theory is the most likely. I've read up on the case a good bit since completing the series to get a more rounded grasp of the situation.
    It's a documentary told very much from the perspective of the defendant and the film makers are on his side, obviously. That's not to say that there clearly isn't horrendous corruption at play with clear lies being told throughout by witnesses for the prosecution.

However, the documentary apparently left out some very interesting information and very deliberately to make the production as compelling as possible.

For example, Avery used call Auto Trader and specifically ask for the girl. He rang her directly. She had told her employers she didn't like going there and didn't feel comfortable around Avery. Top this off with the fact that he rang her 3 times on the day she disappeared including twice where he blocked his number.

He also had a bit of a record with women. He threatened to kill his wife when in prison on the original rape charge. He had a case for sexual assault brought against him after he had been arrested for murder which was never pursued. He had also been in trouble for domestic incidents against his fiancé (who leaves him during the documentary).

It also glossed over some of his previous incidents. They say something along the lines of "He threw a cat over a fire". That really downplays the incident (which already sounds horrific). In reality, he doused a cat in fuel and threw it into a fire.

Do I think there's reasonable doubt? Yes and therefore shouldn't have been convicted. Do I think he did it? If I had to put money on it, I would say he's guilty as hell. Regardless of the murder conviction, he was in possession of a firearm which is one of the charges that isn't contestable and he got 10 years for.

I also think it's a little funny and sad that, in a documentary that highlights the danger of false accusations and witch hunts, the makers have made villains out of an entire cast of people including the likes of the deceased's brother and her former boyfriend. The Avery defence team put together a list of alternate suspects (which was not admissible in trial). Neither of them were on it. In fact, they were almost all Avery's own family and relatives...including Brendan.

Oh. Right. That.

Yeah, little boy and a little girl arrived just a week ago. 3lbs each. Bit small but perfectly healthy. Just need to get on the weight gain diet! Thrilled with them.

:)

• Advertisement

Oh. Right. That.

Yeah, little boy and a little girl arrived just a week ago. 3lbs each. Bit small but perfectly healthy. Just need to get on the weight gain diet! Thrilled with them.

That's great news buer. Congratulations all round!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Oh. Right. That.

Good to see the new generation of rugby forum posters coming through. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Oh. Right. That.

Who's your favourite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Oh. Right. That.

Yeah, little boy and a little girl arrived just a week ago.

And how are little Brian and Gordona?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Twins!!! See ya in a few years... ;)

Congrats!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Congrats Buer. And it's Gordon and Brianna Teferi, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pretty sure it's Awec and Aweca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Oh. Right. That.

A man who can fire 2 bullets with 1 pull of the trigger commands respect.

You'll be googling the definition of sleep soon for your troubles though.

Mes félicitations tout de même. Even without our resident devil the forum has been hellish at times.

Congrats Buer...twins though.....makes an old Jaffa like me feel very happy that I don't have to do it all again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Oh. Right. That.

Congrats dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Making a Murder is fascinating, but the Jinx is better IMO.

Can't help but feel these documentaries because of their drama value are only telling one side of the story though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement