Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Very defensive game so far. Broncos defence are immense.

D-Fence wins championships, haven't you heard?

I'm a Bucs fan, we won a championship with Brad Johnson starting at quarterback.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Peyton gets his farewell. Delighted for him. Broncos D is best I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Well ****, is there any way of attaching a breathaliser to boards?

mfceiling wrote: »
    I genuinely feel for you Buer. My wife's sister had twin boys and I swear to god herself and her husband aged visibly in the first couple of years. I went from being a very light sleeper to a father and a man who could sleep through a bomb going off, as proved by sleeping through our house being robbed a few years ago - never heard a squeak.
    You've heard it a million times but it does get easier - mine are going into town for the Chinese new year celebrations...I'll have to sit at home in silence and watch the match.

To be honest, it really hasn't been that bad. There have been a few rough nights but, for the most part, it has been pretty smooth.

Kids were premature and spent first 3 weeks in ICU where they were on a military-like routine for feeds and sleeping. This has stood to them and now they pretty much sleep after their feed until their next one. House alarm went off yesterday morning. Both slept right through it.

I reckon I'm averaging about 6 hours a night (going to bed very early though) and I'm the one doing the feeds in the middle of the night. Only slept in the car at lunch time once so far!

And I'd agree, Podge. I think twins, overall, is an easier situation than having a couple of kids separately in relatively close proximity. I see friends who have toddlers and a newborn and they're completely stressed trying to feed/change the younger one whilst their toddler tries to stick their fingers into sockets and drink bleach.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Buer wrote: »
    To be honest, it really hasn't been that bad. There have been a few rough nights but, for the most part, it has been pretty smooth.

Kids were premature and spent first 3 weeks in ICU where they were on a military-like routine for feeds and sleeping. This has stood to them and now they pretty much sleep after their feed until their next one. House alarm went off yesterday morning. Both slept right through it.

I reckon I'm averaging about 6 hours a night (going to bed very early though) and I'm the one doing the feeds in the middle of the night. Only slept in the car at lunch time once so far!

And I'd agree, Podge. I think twins, overall, is an easier situation than having a couple of kids separately in relatively close proximity. I see friends who have toddlers and a newborn and they're completely stressed trying to feed/change the younger one whilst their toddler tries to stick their fingers into sockets and drink bleach.
    Still getting to matches?

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

Hell no. Getting out at all is an ordeal. She had an emergency delivery so can't drive or lift much. Her folks live on other side of country, mine have both passed away so assistance not too easily come by and not much opportunity to get much social time at the moment.

My box set viewing has gone through the roof, though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Buer, bookmark this post for 3 years time when little Awec and Aweca are keeping Daddy up all night and he can't even watch the game on tv cos Peppa Pig is more important...

Hell no. Getting out at all is an ordeal. She had an emergency delivery so can't drive or lift much. Her folks live on other side of country, mine have both passed away so not much opportunity to get much social time at the moment.

My box set viewing has gone through the roof, though!

I heard mfceiling is a cracking baby sitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

Zzippy wrote: »
    Buer, bookmark this post for 3 years time when little Awec and Aweca are keeping Daddy up all night and he can't even watch the game on tv cos Peppa Pig is more important...

Well Peppa Pig is pretty great, there is some serious tension in some of the episodes, when George lost his dinosaur I was really worried that he wouldn't find it again

I heard mfceiling is a cracking baby sitter.

I suspect there's more chance of Ulster developing a home grown 9 than there is of MFC volunteering to look after kids he doesn't have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I had 3 under 3 years old at one stage. Memories are funny because you forget the bad times and the lack of sleep - good memories of holidays and walking around dublin early on Saturday mornings!!

Now they're older and they're basically shīts who do what they want and look at me with a mixture of pity, embarrassment and disdain...pretty much par for the course then!!

b.gud wrote: »
    Well Peppa Pig is pretty great, there is some serious tension in some of the episodes, when George lost his dinosaur I was really worried that he wouldn't find it again

Watch the Micky Flanagan clip where he watches Thomas the tank engine...misses a bit of an episode and has to ring his mates to find out what happened. Very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

mfceiling wrote: »
    Watch the Micky Flanagan clip where he watches Thomas the tank engine...misses a bit of an episode and has to ring his mates to find out what happened. Very funny.

Know the one you're on about, it's very funny.
    Though with my nephew I'm sure if I waited 5 mins he want to watch the episode again so I could catch up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Reminds me of Dora the explorer....I hate Dora, but, because my daughter loves her, I bought her a dozen dvds from the age of 3-5...and then one day her little friend called and I just gave them all to her!..... Man was I in the doghouse for a few days... But it was worth it, if I ever met that Dora, I think I'd beat her to death with her bastard monkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Reminds me of Dora the explorer....I hate Dora, but, because my daughter loves her, I bought her a dozen dvds from the age of 3-5...and then one day her little friend called and I just gave them all to her!..... Man was I in the doghouse for a few days... But it was worth it, if I ever met that Dora, I think I'd beat her to death with her bastard monkey

That little girl's father probably has a contract taken out on you... you could have just scratched them all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

LOL. My colleague is German, her partner is of mixed ethnicity but grew up in Argentina. "Does he follow Argentinian rugby?" I asked. No not really, but he went to St Brendan's college in Buenes Aires. And for sports days, the college was divided into 4 houses...

...Leinster, Connacht, Munster and Ulster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Stuff arrived today and its lovely. Cheers for the heads up

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Submitted my dissertation today :)

Not sure what I'll do with all the free time I'll have now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Stheno wrote: »

Watch rugby of course

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sullivlo wrote: »
    Watch rugby of course

Ah now not watching it was never an option :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Watch Super Rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Watch great matches from the past.

Sorry, I also meant to say well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Deadpool is good fun

I'm cooking Brussels sprouts and singing Xmas carols.... Beer may be involved too !

I've worked for the builder on tonight's room to improve!! Lovely lad.

I'm cooking Brussels sprouts and singing Xmas carols.... Beer may be involved too !

We're having our work Christmas party in Feb afaik, may March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The missus found a mouse in our bedroom and is throwing a fit :rolleyes: we live in a period property in the middle of London, a few mice are to be expected. And I may or may not have known about the mouses existence for a few days but don't be telling her that.

Teferi wrote: »
    The missus found a mouse in our bedroom and is throwing a fit :rolleyes: we live in a period property in the middle of London, a few mice are to be expected. And I may or may not have known about the mouses existence for a few days but don't be telling her that.

MY OH decided to feed our bearded dragon a carton of locusts yesterday.

I cannot abide the sight of the things.

He was rudely awakened from his bed last night when one of them escaped the tank and decided hopping up on my knee was their best course of action

/shudder.

Mice are just a common household hazard in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

MY OH decided to feed our bearded dragon a carton of locusts yesterday.

I cannot abide the sight of the things.

He was rudely awakened from his bed last night when one of them escaped the tank and decided hopping up on my knee was their best course of action

/shudder.

Mice are just a common household hazard in comparison

I can't help but read this post and draw a correlation between it and the forums you mod... ;)

• Advertisement

I can't help but read this post and draw a correlation between it and the forums you mod... ;)

What do locusts escaping have in common with Work, Seperation and Divorce and Islam?

Are you implying I'm some sort of closet 1950's stepford wife?:pac:

Teferi wrote: »

months

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

What do locusts escaping have in common with Work, Seperation and Divorce and Islam?

Are you implying I'm some sort of closet 1950's stepford wife?:pac:

I'd probably look to heave-ho someone who let locusts escape and wake me up, that's what I was implying! ;)

Rocket league out on xbox one :D

I hear good things!

Rocket league out on xbox one :D

I hear good things!

Have it on steam but play it with an xbox controller so probably comparable.

It's terrific, if I didn't have it I'd definitely get it.

Have it on steam but play it with an xbox controller so probably comparable.

It's terrific, if I didn't have it I'd definitely get it.

Yea just played a few games, it's great craic! Be good craic if you had a team of lads! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Was just coming in to post the same. It's amazing fun :D

I see Michael Jordan is about to turn 53 :eek:

How old have I become :(

Meh, when 53 year olds can look like this, who's worried
    julia-louis-dreyfus-at-late-show-with-david-letterman-05-20-2015_1.jpg

Is that one of the corrs?

It's that girl from the most overrated comedy of all the time

• Advertisement

Marisa Tomei @ 51

Courteney Cox? You sure? Doesn't look like her.

Is that one of the corrs?

It's that chick from Seinfeld Julia or Julie something and I agree with party jungle that Seinfeld doesn't qualify as comedy.

And what's the story with the name partyjungle? This isn't a party and you're not in a jungle!

Ugh.

And what's the story with the name partyjungle? This isn't a party and you're not in a jungle!

Ugh.

dis u?

Ah Veep is fairly funny.

You didn't.

"He feckin did"

*asks partyjungle to take this outside*

I think mfceiling is saying he thinks that woman is fugly?

I think mfceiling is saying he thinks that woman is fugly?

She has nice tits though

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Rewatching Friday Night Lights again.

In my mind Schmidt is a bit like Coach Taylor when I try and envisage the Irish camp

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement