Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    I think mfceiling is saying he thinks that woman is fugly?

No No No No

Julia Dreyfus is gorgeous. Seinfield was a great comedy program.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

mfceiling wrote: »
    No No No No

I'll be the arbiter here.

Julia is very pretty indeed. Seinfeld is dirt.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Never seen an episode of Seinfeld in my life. Julia looks alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

No No No No

there are some great episodes alright despite how unlikeable i find Seinfield himself

Scythica wrote: »
    Rewatching Friday Night Lights again.

In my mind Schmidt is a bit like Coach Taylor when I try and envisage the Irish camp

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't lose

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Can't believe how much I loved that series. Started watching it on a recommendation fully expecting to hate it but it was fantastic.

Can't believe how much I loved that series. Started watching it on a recommendation fully expecting to hate it but it was fantastic.

Seinfeld? I had the exact opposite experience. Don't think I laughed once in the entire first season. Not a single likeable character imo. I also can't stand Curb Your Enthusiasm so there must be something in common there.

Seinfeld used to be on when I lived in Australia at 7 every night. We had 2 channels and it was either that or some rubbish on the other side. Took me a couple of episodes to "get it" but once I did it was magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

Seinfeld? I had the exact opposite experience. Don't think I laughed once in the entire first season. Not a single likeable character imo. I also can't stand Curb Your Enthusiasm so there must be something in common there.

I think pickarooney was talking about Friday Night Lights rather than Seinfeld

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

FNL is definitely one of if not my favourite TV series ever watched.

I didn't even understand American footy at the time but I definitely learnt a lot; just enjoyed the whole thing really.

Sad thing is speaking to some yank counterparts, it's pretty accurate.

The League and Blue Mountain State are great fun to watch too. League in particular when fantasy rugby comes round

b.gud wrote: »
    I think pickarooney was talking about Friday Night Lights rather than Seinfeld

I thought that was film

It's "bring your ugly kids to work" today apparently.

It might be just "bring your kids to work" but I can't be sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I thought that was film

Was originally a film and then made into a TV series. I'm only on season 1 myself but very much enjoying it.

No, Friday Night Lights.

Thought I was finally over the most recent bug, and woke up with golf balls for tonsils this morning. 3 Anti biotic courses since December, a chest cold last week and now this.

Go home winter you're drunk.

• Advertisement

Thought I was finally over the most recent bug, and woke up with golf balls for tonsils this morning. 3 Anti biotic courses since December, a chest cold last week and now this.

Go home winter you're drunk.

Sure go get them removed, quick wee oppo and get to eat loads of ice cream after...

I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when i was like 10, can't remember why, but lots of ice cream!

Saying that, also born 6 weeks early and would love to know what I missed out on in that final stage.

Or just go eat lotsa ice cream to help anyway :P

I've had a cold for two months straight. And I'm lactose intolerant so no ice cream for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Scythica wrote: »
    I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when i was like 10, can't remember why, but lots of ice cream!

Whenever I hear about the removal of adenoids, my memory wanders back to Boy by Roald Dahl and his vivid description of a blade flashing into the roof of his mouth, followed by several quick twists and fleshy, blood covered lumps dropping from his lips.

I really hope modern methods have improved!

Buer wrote: »
    Whenever I hear about the removal of adenoids, my memory wanders back to Boy by Roald Dahl and his vivid description of a blade flashing into the roof of his mouth, followed by several quick twists and fleshy, blood covered lumps dropping from his lips.

I really hope modern methods have improved!

Same here. That scene freaked me out, although I'd already ha my own removed by then in more salubrious conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I also can't stand Curb Your Enthusiasm so there must be something in common there.

You're an anti-semite. No other logical explanation.

• Advertisement

rocket league is really addictive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

rocket league is really addictive!

It's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Going to Budapest Monday, can't wait !

Pink Fairy wrote: »

My ma and da are going to Budapest on Saturday! Will tell them to beware anyone that says they're from Kerry. :D

Was there about 10 years ago. I remember the food was very poor. The wife did comment on the amount of beautiful "surgically enhanced" girls that seemed to be everywhere.
    Didn't notice myself...

My ma and da are going to Budapest on Saturday! Will tell them to beware anyone that says they're from Kerry. :D

What district?

Was there about 10 years ago. I remember the food was very poor. The wife did comment on the amount of beautiful "surgically enhanced" girls that seemed to be everywhere.
    Didn't notice myself...

They have 3-4 Michelin starred restaurants now,
    The baths, firing range with ak-47's and some late night entertainment bars and I'll be putting my boards name to shame :)

What district?

No idea to be honest.

No idea to be honest.

Will keep an eye out for them at the thermal baths
    "Hey, Mama awec, how you! doin"

For game of Thrones Fans - Melisandre at a baby shower:

• Advertisement

I 100% recommend the "For Sale pub" in budapest.

It's a place where everyone who goes signs some paper and sticks it on the walls, hay on the floor and buckets of monkey nuts etc around everywhere too. Food is really good and for a guy like me who's 100kgs, there's more than enough of it. Good beer too.

Last time I was in Budapest we were doing a banger rally type thing from Calais to Bucharest, it was one of the stops. Ended up in some crazy open top bar place with litres of jager and wine everywhere. Annoyed the security of the US Embassy there too... they didn't find our drunken ramblings very funny.

Oh and a guy went for some... entertainment and got fleeced for 700 euros, had to phone his mum for a flight home, awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

I'm loving the ROCK podcasts the IT is doing these days. Some have been hysterical. 'Aquatraz' another classic today.

rsh118 wrote: »
    I'm loving the ROCK podcasts the IT is doing these days. Some have been hysterical. 'Aquatraz' another classic today.

I've read this....I know all these words.... But it still doesn't make any sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

Ross O'Carroll-Kelly, Oirish Times, aaaand the rest is self-explanatory ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Will tell them to beware anyone that says they're from Kerry. :D

Surely they know this already. It's a basic fact of life for normal people isn't it? :D

http://imgur.com/gallery/IbtHi

For anyone who may have been of the age when Pokemon on the game boy was legit life for a few years

Spent 90 mins last night checking in 5 couples for our flight.... I'm travelling with the most technologically challenged people Satan ever created ...some didn't want to give me their date if birth as they are a bit shy about their ages , another wouldn't trust me with her credit card number to book an extra bag and another wouldnt tell me his real first name as he was embarrassed....fck sake, they better keep this fairy inebriated all week for his troubles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Spent 90 mins last night checking in 5 couples for our flight.... I'm travelling with the most technologically challenged people Satan ever created ...some didn't want to give me their date if birth as they are a bit shy about their ages , another wouldn't trust me with her credit card number to book an extra bag and another wouldnt tell me his real first name as he was embarrassed....fck sake, they better keep this fairy inebriated all week for his troubles!

Where are you going with 5 couples, and why?

Keys_bowl_of.jpeg

• Advertisement

He wishes! :pac:

The joys of old age...

Wife talking to my mother in the pub tonight about going to the dentists.

"She said my teeth are great and I have a nice arch"

Father..."Why did she say you had a lovely arse? Sure she couldn't get a good look at it when you are lying on the chair"

I just ordered another pint...

The joys of old age...

Wife talking to my mother in the pub tonight about going to the dentists.

"She said my teeth are great and I have a nice arch"

Father..."Why did she say you had a lovely arse? Sure she couldn't get a good look at it when you are lying on the chair"

I just ordered another pint...

And home at 10pm? Not head on to Coppers or somewhere?

And home at 10pm? Not head on to Coppers or somewhere?

We're still here!! Pints of cute hoor. Remarkably moreish.

We're still here!! Pints of cute hoor. Remarkably moreish.

Pale Ale is lovely.

Fiance is away this weekend so I'm in the house by myself drinking Brooklyn Lager. Very nice stuff! Free weekend is a bonus! :D

Pale Ale is lovely.

Fiance is away this weekend so I'm in the house by myself drinking Brooklyn Lager. Very nice stuff! Free weekend is a bonus! :D

Party at awec's!!

Taxi...

• Advertisement

Party at awec's!!

Taxi...

Yea right, as if you'd ever choose a party over drinks with your mother in law! :D

Yea right, as if you'd ever choose a party over drinks with your mother in law! :D

Worse again...It's my own mother!!

Actually scrap that...there's nothing worse than your mother in law.

Worse again...It's my own mother!!

Actually scrap that...there's nothing worse than your mother in law.

I've spent the night watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, about to watch the third one.

A free weekend and this is what my life has become. Movies by myself on a Saturday night, it's a bit tragic! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I've spent the night watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, about to watch the third one.

A free weekend and this is what my life has become. Movies by myself on a Saturday night, it's a bit tragic! :D

Billy no mates? :P

Zzippy wrote: »
    Billy no mates? :P

Seems like it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement