Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Ah! I've had those. They're tasty. Yeah I'd definitely have those with a fry instead of toast or farls.

And hash browns are tasty!!

Toast on a fry? As in toasted sliced pan? You've been spending too long in Dublin my friend. Believe me, we're not all nutters and we don't all have toast on a fry.

If it isn't fried it doesn't go on the plate. Beans permitable, though it's better if they're served in a side dish as this gets around the no non-fry on the plate rule.

I will say though, you can take your fried tomato and shove it up your bangle.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

awec wrote: »
    Toast on a fry? As in toasted sliced pan? You've been spending too long in Dublin my friend. Believe me, we're not all nutters and we don't all have toast on a fry.

Sliced pan fried in butter. None of your toasted **** for me. It's not a mixed grill we're having.

Also known as potato bread.

All said, my home made potato, onion, paprika and mozzarella hash browns trump farls I'm afraid.

Also I find farls have a tendency to pass to touch. Wait, sorry that's earls...!

Ah that must be the D4 fry!

Paprika and mozzarella....

tumblr_inline_n6kprg11cr1sohk3w.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Stheno wrote: »
    21, first released in 1985 old man

Why am I still up? I've a meeting at 8am :eek:

Meh, I had slept for the grand total of 7.5 hours the last 6 days, sleep is totally overrated :)

Ah that must be the D4 fry!

Paprika and mozzarella....

I forgot the secret ingredient... two teaspoons of harp!

• Advertisement

I forgot the secret ingredient... two teaspoons of harp!

What else is on this fry of yours? Smoked salmon? Served on a bed of spinach with some balsamic vinegar?

What else is on this fry of yours? Smoked salmon? Served on a bed of spinach with some balsamic vinegar?

Prawns. Prawns everywhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah jesus smoked salmon should be served with proper brown bread, a few capers, and a wedge of lemon.

A poached egg with hollandaise sauce and sweet potato fries.

I think the farls and fadge broke boards for an hour

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

A poached egg with hollandaise sauce and sweet potato fries.

Eggs Benedict. One of my favourite breakfasts

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

"...I'm just finishing off my soda farl bruschetta layered with smoked garlic, pancetta, and vibrant dill emulsion..."

Eggs Benedict. One of my favourite breakfasts

It is actually quite nice :)

Harvey's Point Hotel do a really delicious one with big chunks of real ham, like Christmas ham. Perfection.

I've wanted to say this for a long time, and I don't know how everyone will react.

I'd happily eat a fry with spud bread and no soda bread, BUT not vice versa. Should I get my passport stamped on the way out?

Also always wanted to make home made black and white pudding...

rsh118 wrote: »
    I've wanted to say this for a long time, and I don't know how everyone will react.

I'd happily eat a fry with spud bread and no soda bread, BUT not vice versa. Should I get my passport stamped on the way out?

Also always wanted to make home made black and white pudding...

What are you saying? Potato bread is more important to you than a farl with your fry? That seems acceptable to me.

What are you saying? Potato bread is more important to you than a farl with your fry? That seems acceptable to me.

It's just so much more integral, in my opinion. I know lack of farl makes it less of a fry on a technical level, but potato bread is just out of this world.

Tbh, most of it never makes it to the frying pan. Often falls out of the packet... Into my mouth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Good places for a decent breakfast in dublin then.

Gerrys on Montague St....epic old style cafe with no frills, just good honest grub and plenty of it.

Matt the Rashers in kimmage...packed all the time with queues for takeaway breakfasts. Yep breakfast to take away!!

The Glenside pub in Churchtown...only found this recently. Rashers seem to be bbq flame grilled!! Hits the spot alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

Why did I read this thread first thing in the morning, I'm feckin starved now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just finished my homemade boxty and poached eggs.
    Boxty, food of the Gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

21, first released in 1985 old man

Why am I still up? I've a meeting at 8am :eek:

You mean 1995? What a song it was and is.

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »
    Why did I read this thread first thing in the morning, I'm feckin starved now

Have the day off. Just did a long run and now sitting down to binge the last of DareDevil season 2 and if time, the Night Manger whilst I have a full boards.ie inspired fry up.

Kids in the creche and wife at work. Today, I am a King.

Until around half 5.

Have the day off. Just did a long run and now sitting down to binge the last of DareDevil season 2 and if time, the Night Manger whilst I have a full boards.ie inspired fry up.

Until around half 5.

You should take this opportunity to run the hoover over the house, do a bit of dusting, clean the kitchen out and maybe paint the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Until around half 5.

You and I have had a very similar couple of days. Finished the Night Manager but only halfway through Daredevil. Both are pretty good. I'm calling it, this is the greatest ever age of television drama.

Until around half 5.

For some reason I picture you wearing one of these for the day

1022aa07a7e0654bc79ef540418180ed.jpg

You should take this opportunity to run the hoover over the house, do a bit of dusting, clean the kitchen out and maybe paint the fence.

About the closest I'll get

0.jpg

Phife Dawg from A Tribe Called Quest died today at the age of 45

I'm a big fan of the Tribe and will def be listening to "the Low End Theory" today, always loved this song as well

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

About the closest I'll get

0.jpg

Christ.

At least buy the vacuum cleaner dinner first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Has my wife hacked your account?

mfceiling wrote: »

Have you done those dishes yet?

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »

That's my fav when you are genuinely struck down and stuck in bed playing Civilization. "Could you not get a bit of hoovering done, maybe go to the supermarket!"

What?!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Reading the last few pages here living in Devon, where even Rankin's "bread" is hard to find, brought a tear to my eye.

Y'all are bullies.

BUT I JUST FOUND OUT TAYTO CAN DELIVER TO YOUR HOME!!!!

Also, any lovers of the Veda out there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Scythica wrote: »
    Reading the last few pages here living in Devon, where even Rankin's "bread" is hard to find, brought a tear to my eye.

Y'all are bullies.

I can't even really get bacon here...

Scythica wrote: »

Y'all are bullies.

Ah I love a slice of veda with jam on it. Heavenly. Can't believe I forgot to mention veda earlier.

Ah I love a slice of veda with jam on it. Heavenly. Can't believe I forgot to mention veda earlier.

stack.jpg

Delicious, delicious veda.

• Advertisement

Anyone able to recommend any wedding videographers? This task has been delegated to me! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

A couple I know had a videographer using a drone and it was ****ing epic. My only input although I can chase them up if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

awec wrote:
    Anyone able to recommend any wedding videographers? This task has been delegated to me!

Don't do it and save €1-2k. I'm partly happy we got it given several people are no longer with us and I'd like to be able to see footage of them and watch the speeches again.

But the truth is I've watched it twice in a few years. I don't know anyone who has watched their video more than 5 times and that goes for people who are married 20 years.

Judgement call on your part but definitely one to think about. Nothing to stop you just getting a good hired video and a tripod to video the ceremony and speeches.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

http://www.marryokes.com/

no need to thank me

Buer wrote: »
    Don't do it and save €1-2k. I'm partly happy we got it given several people are no longer with us and I'd like to be able to see footage of them and watch the speeches again.

But the truth is I've watched it twice in a few years. I don't know anyone who has watched their video more than 5 times and that goes for people who are married 20 years.

Judgement call on your part but definitely one to think about. Nothing to stop you just getting a good hired video and a tripod to video the ceremony and speeches.

What do you think of no band? People keep telling us no band is relatively common now, and we've got a good DJ who can do the whole night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

What do you think of no band? People keep telling us no band is relatively common now, and we've got a good DJ who can do the whole night.

Depends what you want and the crowd that's attending. Bands are expensive and they aren't for everyone. My brother has played a lot of weddings and sometimes the crowd really couldn't give a ****e about the band and would be just as happy with a DJ, other times they're calling for so many more songs that the DJ barely gets a look in.

I find with most weddings unless the band is amazing people aren't really up dancing until the DJ comes on anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Everyone loved the band we had, all up dancing like mad things. The guys were great too, have a big repertoire and will do the stuff you want them too. A good band is great!

We're not fussed on a band, my family wouldn't give a feck and hers would dance to a man banging a tin bath so think it's probably unnecessary. Leaning toward no band at all and going with our DJ all night.

I like bands. You can go to a nightclub and dance to DJ music whenever you want, but having live music is great and it's your wedding. If people aren't getting up to dance, then the bride and groom can start asking people to come up and dance with them, no one can refuse!

Personally I'd always opt for a band, but I'd go along and listen to them play in advance (that's what we did for 2 - 3 bands). Talk to them about what people like and you're set.

We're not fussed on a band, my family wouldn't give a feck and hers would dance to a man banging a tin bath so think it's probably unnecessary. Leaning toward no band at all and going with our DJ all night.

Bang a few tunes on the old iPod and stick it into the hotels PA system, sorted!
    Actually, 1 of the weddings I went to in recent years had no DJ, had 2 bands and both had the crowd hopping.
    Last wedding I went to was a cracking day until the band started....C&W and the first song before the couples dance was Wagon Wheel , I just shouted fck off and went home.....surprisingly enough Mrs Pink Fairy was none too pleased when she arrived home that night :)

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Bang a few tunes on the old iPod and stick it into the hotels PA system, sorted!
    Actually, 1 of the weddings I went to in recent years had no DJ, had 2 bands and both had the crowd hopping.
    Last wedding I went to was a cracking day until the band started....C&W and the first song before the couples dance was Wagon Wheel , I just shouted fck off and went home.....surprisingly enough Mrs Pink Fairy was none too pleased when she arrived home that night :)

you whinged so much about them at the time iirc

you whinged so much about them at the time iirc

What was Haulers supposed to be? Scousers?

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    What was Haulers supposed to be? Scousers?

Jaypers

Jaypers

Who says jaypers?! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement