Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

tumblr_nii6pqGr361tqxsu6o1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

I think my wife's box has a vibrator in it

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    I think my wife's box has a vibrator in it

1375910513710.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My OH has become a Connacht supporter.

This evening he informed me that last weeks game was his favourite to date since he started watching, then he went on and on about how the Connacht "passion" got them the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭b.gud

Stheno wrote: »

This evening he informed me that last weeks game was his favourite to date since he started watching, then he went on and on about how the Connacht "passion" got them the win.

You've got yourself a good man there Stheno, don't let him go :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Wait didn't you say your OH was from Munster?

Of course the pashun won him over :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bazzo wrote: »
    Wait didn't you say your OH was from Munster?

Of course the pashun won him over :D

Yeah he's from Cork.

The evil little turncoat even told me I couldn't accept it was the passion and will to win that got Connacht the win as I'm "biased". He was full of how much more Connacht wanted to win etc etc.

And he was fierce pleased with himself as he followed the game without having to ask many questions.

That'll be one less Leinster STH next year :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Yeah he's from Cork.

The evil little turncoat even told me I couldn't accept it was the passion and will to win that got Connacht the win as I'm "biased". He was full of how much more Connacht wanted to win etc etc.

And he was fierce pleased with himself as he followed the game without having to ask many questions.

That'll be one less Leinster STH next year :pac:

The season ticket for Connacht is a really good deal so you know

More road trips

The season ticket for Connacht is a really good deal so you know

More road trips

Rather bizarrely the first time he ever saw Connacht play was when they were wearing that strip that made them all look like they had thongs on?

For some unknown reason he thought this was deadly, and when he heard they have traditionally been underdogs of the provinces, that was it.

• Advertisement

Rather bizarrely the first time he ever saw Connacht play was when they were wearing that strip that made them all look like they had thongs on?

For some unknown reason he thought this was deadly, and when he heard they have traditionally been underdogs of the provinces, that was it.

Ah yes the super hero kit.

It's easy for people to support the underdog when they don't have an affiliation with anyone else.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Ah yes the super hero kit.

It's easy for people to support the underdog when they don't have an affiliation with anyone else.

Sometimes even when you do have an affiliation with someone else.

I've been so confused these past few weeks.

Ah really its not the underdog nature of the Connacht story for rugby fans it's the playing well at the same time, its not all guts glory heart and determination. There's genuine ability there aswell.

where as my parents who wouldn't be into rugby would just kinda know that Connacht aren't meant to be where they are on the table

Sure don't worry about the confusion and buy a Connacht Jersey :pac::P:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I now hate Connacht.

That's how they know they've made it.

You created this monster, you have nobody but yourself to blame! :pac:

Just put an ad up for a cheap ps4 with my gf's phone number attached to it. Happy April fools day...

• Advertisement

Very tempted to pre-order the Tesla3. Might be 3/4 years before I'd get it, but should be a serious piece of kit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Very tempted to pre-order the Tesla3. Might be 3/4 years before I'd get it, but should be a serious piece of kit!

I'm tempted as well! My only problem is I don't know where I'll be when it finally rolls off the production line

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Emmet and IBF agree on something??!!

Wait, wait...April 1st.

You guys nearly had me.

Nearly.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Buer wrote: »

Wait, wait...April 1st.

You guys nearly had me.

Nearly.

You've gone very quiet these days! You need to post more. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

awec wrote: »

Twins will do that to you.

• Advertisement

My quiet periods usually coincide with international season and the bleeding eye syndrome these pages result in.

Also, twins.

Wait, wait...April 1st.

You guys nearly had me.

Nearly.

Ah I'd say we agree on loads of stuff. I imagine we're both just obstinate know it all pricks that love the last word though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭brokenhooker

Anyone help me?

I stayed in a hostel last weekend and paid the balance of the stay via cash, now it turns out they've charged the stay on my card that I used to book the room. So i'm after paying twice for the same stay. What should I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone help me?

I stayed in a hostel last weekend and paid the balance of the stay via cash, now it turns out they've charged the stay on my card that I used to book the room. So i'm after paying twice for the same stay. What should I do?

Tell them repeatedly how crap they are.

Anyone help me?

Paid with credit card or debit card?

If credit, contact the credit card company, explain, the problem is now theirs. This is the benefit of a credit card!

If debit, contact the hostel and explain and hope they can confirm and refund.

Ah I'd say we agree on loads of stuff. I imagine we're both just obstinate know it all pricks that love the last word though!

If I didn't agree with Emmet on most things I wouldn't be so distraught when I find something we disgaree on

My quiet periods usually coincide with international season and the bleeding eye syndrome these pages result in.

Also, twins.

Ah phew, I was worried that you were spending your time at work actually doing work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭brokenhooker

Paid with credit card or debit card?

If credit, contact the credit card company, explain, the problem is now theirs. This is the benefit of a credit card!

If debit, contact the hostel and explain and hope they can confirm and refund.

Thanks, I got it sorted I think. It was a pending charge placed on the account in case of a no show, it won't be completed as we showed up and paid by cash on the day. There is just a delay releasing the money back to me apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Scythica

15 hour drive from Plymouth back home. Finally got in. Nice bitta vida on the side waiting for me. Life is good.

Got a ticket for ulster later too now!

Just put an ad up for a cheap ps4 with my gf's phone number attached to it. Happy April fools day...

You mean ex-gf's! phone number ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I know cricket is anathema to much of this forum, but 20/20 final, Windies need 19 off the last over.

No worries, just hit 4 consecutive 6s...!

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I know cricket is anathema to much of this forum, but 20/20 final, Windies need 19 off the last over.

No worries, just hit 4 consecutive 6s...!

Which means England lose.... Now everyone here is a Windies fan! :D

What skin care products do the blokes in here use?
    I've always used either No.7 or l'Oreal, but have tried some of the Rhino products recently and am pleasantly surprised by the quality.

skin care products???

does anyone know of a place I can get a collapsible flag poe in Dublin need one for next week I have been using a wooden pole but I cant get that onto the plane and hand luggage

I've always used either No.7 or l'Oreal, but have tried some of the Rhino products recently and am pleasantly surprised by the quality.

My oh uses clinique

LaJ9Kmo.gif

LaJ9Kmo.gif

Sure the hipsters will be along soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I use Kiels, from that shop in Dundrum

Nivea moisturiser is good stuff.

• Advertisement

My oh uses clinique

Never tried clinique i have to admit, forgot to mention bulldog too.
    You should feel my hands....they're so soft it freaks out all the women in my life, softer than any of theirs :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

*time to leave boards forever*

Jesus lads you're some bunch of metrosexuals!! I can honestly say I've never used any "male beauty" products and I don't look a day over 90...

mfceiling wrote: »
    *time to leave boards forever*

Jesus lads you're some bunch of metrosexuals!! I can honestly say I've never used any "male beauty" products and I don't look a day over 90...

Ah, unlike you my face is my fortune.....I'm worth about €2.50

Once out of the shower and toweled dry I put the Ralph Lauren boxers back on and before applying the Mousse A Raiser, a shaving cream by Pour Hommes, I press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I always slather on a moisturizer (to my taste, Clinique) and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply a shaving cream over it - preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers - which I've found makes removing the hair easier. It also helps prevent water from evaporating and reduces friction between your skin and the blade. Always wet the razor with warm water before shaving and shave in the direction the beard grows, pressing gently on the skin. Leave the sideburns and chin for last, since these whiskers are tougher and need more time to soften. Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting. Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never use cologne on your face, since the high alcohol content dries your face out and makes you look older.

One should use an alcohol-free antibacterial toner with a water-moistened cotton ball to normalize the skin. Applying a moisturizer is the final step. Splash on water before applying an emollient lotion to soften the skin and seal in the moisture. Next apply Gel Appaisant, also made by Pour Hommes, which is an excellent, soothing skin lotion. If the face seems dry and flaky - which makes it look dull and older - use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin (it can also make your tan look darker). Then apply an anti-aging eye balm (Baume Des Yeux) followed by a final moisturizing “protective” lotion

I'm surprised a guy with twins even had time to copy and paste that

I was just thinking the same bloody thing!

• Advertisement

Wet shaving, ugh. I had to do that when I was in the states before christmas (first time in years) cause I forgot my shaver and I forgot how awful it feels after. Can't be bothered with it, too much hard work.

Pfft. My skincare regime takes up more of my time than those two.

Nivea moisturiser is good stuff.

I can't say what I want to say!!!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wet shaving, ugh. I had to do that when I was in the states before christmas (first time in years) cause I forgot my shaver and I forgot how awful it feels after. Can't be bothered with it, too much hard work.

I heard awec rubs salt on his chin and when the hairs come out for a drink he ties a knot in them so they can't go back in!!

Do you still get the cat to lick the hairs from your chin!!

mfceiling wrote: »
    I heard awec rubs salt on his chin and when the hairs come out for a drink he ties a knot in them so they can't go back in!!

Do you still get the cat to lick the hairs from your chin!!

I don't understand any of those sentences, I assume it's Ulster Scots

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement