Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Dave Chappelle is very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

For a great yarn, watch Kevin Smith telling of his dealings with Prince on YouTube. Eccentric does not do him justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Prince is dead, unexpected

Oh hell, he was 57 but it's a bolt from the blue

Victoria Wood has died also, a truly funny woman who's wit was as sharp as any of her male contemporaries

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Oh hell, he was 57 but it's a bolt from the blue

He was taken to hospital about a week or so ago and his people were pretty hush hush about it. Said he was fine, clearly not.

What is with AC Milan doing the haka?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

What is with AC Milan doing the haka?

Saw that this evening. Good God it was horrifically embarrassing. It was like a cross between the Haka, Whigfield and a mime pretending to shower. They deserve to be ridiculed until the end of time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

molloyjh wrote: »
    Saw that this evening. Good God it was horrifically embarrassing. It was like a cross between the Haka, Whigfield and a mime pretending to shower. They deserve to be ridiculed until the end of time for it.

What?? A link! Please a link!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

No one likes change. But this new site looks weird as all hell on my phone. I guess I'll get used to it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm Rick James Bitch!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Finally found the legacy link on the touch site. Please let this stay forever.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There's a thread in the feedback forum where you should certainly let your grievances be known about the new design.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    What?? A link! Please a link!

Be warned, it's more cringeworthy than David Brent could ever manage. Grown men should never allow themselves to do this, let alone do it in front of thousands of people and dozens of TV cameras.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WaQhYBkoQOY

EDIT: It's probably worth noting that it's far funnier without sound.....

Apparently it was part of an advertising deal with some men's skin care brand. I guess that's why they were showering and washing their faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Be warned, it's more cringeworthy than David Brent could ever manage. Grown men should never allow themselves to do this, let alone do it in front of thousands of people and dozens of TV cameras.

But why? :confused:

Strike fear into the heart of the enemy swimmers

Wow! It's quite possibly worse than Matt Dawson's hakarena at the RWC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Why?

It turns out it was just a bunch of actors doing a Nivea marketing stunt. Hence they were showering and putting on moisturiser as part of the routine. Not that this makes it any less cringey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I'm going to sound like an incorrigible whiner but his new site rollout is a ****ing disaster. I've been forced to switch back to the ****show of a new site because I keep getting some bug where the last page of some threads I'm following redirects to the first page on the legacy site. Then for some reason it yo-yos back to the legacy site all by itself occasionally, and it keeps giving me notifications for followed threads when there is actually nothing new.

And several parts of the layout are just annoying. Did they test it at all or just fire ahead with in-house testing and say "It'll be grand" and roll it out? There's a thread in AH with a poll where 96% of respondents say they don't like the new site.

I'd imagine even if it was redesign was flawless, 90%+ people would still say they prefer the old site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Bazzo wrote: »
    I'm going to sound like an incorrigible whiner but his new site rollout is a ****ing disaster. I've been forced to switch back to the ****show of a new site because I keep getting some bug where the last page of some threads I'm following redirects to the first page on the legacy site. Then for some reason it yo-yos back to the legacy site all by itself occasionally, and it keeps giving me notifications for followed threads when there is actually nothing new.

And several parts of the layout are just annoying. Did they test it at all or just fire ahead with in-house testing and say "It'll be grand" and roll it out? There's a thread in AH with a poll where 96% of respondents say they don't like the new site.

If you use the dark settings in the Appearance Settings page the old site is the default. In fact, I haven't seen the new layout.

I use the Boards app on Android. Haven't noticed any change. Is the app due to be altered too?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sydthebeat wrote: »

That's hilarious! I was thinking it might be a drink driving ad but not that :D

Zzippy wrote: »
    If you use the dark settings in the Appearance Settings page the old site is the default. In fact, I haven't seen the new layout.

That must be why mine hasn't changed.

I get migraines and my eyes can't cope with the plain white background so I changed it to the black one a while ago. Hoping I'm not forced into the new site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

That must be why mine hasn't changed.

I get migraines and my eyes can't cope with the plain white background so I changed it to the black one a while ago. Hoping I'm not forced into the new site.

Yeah I find the dark background much easier on the eyes. I spend enough time as it is looking at bright screens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Oh no...the book on "now I'm growing up has been brought out".

No man should ever be present when this crack starts...I'm out of here.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Game of Thrones is back lads
    Got up at 6.30 to watch before work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Game of Thrones is back lads
    Got up at 6.30 to watch before work

GoT:
    Watched it. Nothing too major bar the ending (!!!), mostly a set-up for future episodes. I was surprised there was no Bran given he didn't feature in season 5. Maybe next week will progress his story. I thought the death of Doran Martell's guard was pretty gammy, he was meant to be a tough guy!

GoT:
    Watched it. Nothing too major bar the ending (!!!), mostly a set-up for future episodes. I was surprised there was no Bran given he didn't feature in season 5. Maybe next week will progress his story. I thought the death of Doran Martell's guard was pretty gammy, he was meant to be a tough guy!
    What exactly happened at the end? I got a bit distracted as I was getting off a bus while it was ending! I just some old woman getting into a bed

It always bothers me on ANZAC Day how we mostly ignore the Irish deaths from WW1. 3500 men died at Gallipoli alongside the ANZACs but we sweep it under the carpet like a dirty secret. Thousands others died throughout the conflict but because of Easter 1916 they were ignored and forgotten.

You would think ~100 years later we could honour both events.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

I gave the new site a bit of stick last week when it rolled out, but I have to say that I just got it on my mobile and it seems to suit mobile much better than desktop, through there are a few bugs in it.

Also feic ye feicers who've already seen GOT I'm disgusted I have to wait until tonight

It would be inappropriate for me to comment on the matter..... :cool:

What exactly happened at the end? I got a bit distracted as I was getting off a bus while it was ending! I just some old woman getting into a bed
    Melisandre took off a necklace and turned into a very very aged decaying old woman.

Possible theories on above:
    There's a few theories going around as always but it's suggested the necklace has the power to bewitch people into seeing a youthful appearance. However there was a scene in a previous season where Melisandre and Stannis' wife spoke while she was having a bath without the necklace on. However instead of this being a plot hole, it's suggested that since Stannis' wife was the most faithful to the Lord of Light, she could actually see Melisandre as the old woman she really is and Melisandre's power was unable to fool her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

What happened at the end:
    Mel took off her Ruby necklace and revealed she is actually an old hag. I initially thought she was taking it off so she would die in her sleep of old age but shall see

My feelings on the episode:
    I thought it was really good. Opening episode to every season usually is a slow burner but this was really exciting from the start. I loved the Dothraki and Theon and everything at The Wall. . However Dorne can go fnck it's self. They absolutely butchered that storyline. I can only imagine GRRM watching that pantomime going "DAFUQ". Aside from Dorne very encouraging

• Advertisement

That funny little fecker has said he is now fighting in UFC200

That funny little fecker has said he is now fighting in UFC200

Yes. Amazing by how refusing to promote the thing he has managed to promote it on a bigger scale than ever before. :rolleyes:

It wouldn't surprise me if the UFC was 'in' on all this supposed retirement stuff. It's all about promotion and headlines.

It's pretty obvious this was all a ploy. That's a weeks free marketing of both the fighter and the event. Still haven't found a way to block it all from my feed sadly.

Yes. Amazing by how refusing to promote the thing he has managed to promote it on a bigger scale than ever before. :rolleyes:

He hasn't promoted the event at all if you ask me, he's just promoted himself.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    He hasn't promoted the event at all if you ask me, he's just promoted himself.

He also massively distracted from UFC 197.

Also reports are that he's very much not back on UFC 200, Ariel Helwani who is kinda the Murray Kinsella of the UFC (and a big supporter of McGregor in all of this) said: "Status quo, I'm told. Nothing has changed. Was/is some dialogue and hope but alas ..."

• Advertisement

So now Tom Brady is banned for 4 games again. What a bloody circus this is. I'm sure American journalists and sports shows are delighted!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

So now Tom Brady is banned for 4 games again. What a bloody circus this is. I'm sure American journalists and sports shows are delighted!

Total mess, but it's a legal quagmire at this point. Might go to the Supreme Court at this point, which on the face of it, sounds absolutely absurd.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Total mess, but it's a legal quagmire at this point. Might go to the Supreme Court at this point, which on the face of it, sounds absolutely absurd.

:pac:

Is this still Deflate Gate?

The anniversary of the first ever radio broadcast was a very cool little moment on radio. 37 stations simultaneously playing the broadcast at the exact minute 100 years to the day it went out.

Shame it was so poorly publicised.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement