Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Apparently a brother of one of the guys who blew himself up in Brussels earlier this year is going to be representing Belgium at the Olympics. I saw a story about it the other day saying he'd reached qualifying standard along with a few others but a decision was yet to be made on who would actually go. There's another story from today though saying that he's in the squad.

Bit of a strange one. I suppose you can't punish him for his brother's actions.

http://europe.newsweek.com/brussels-suicide-bomber-brother-rio-olympics-462257?rm=eu

Fair play to him. It would be a horrible burden for him to carry. This guy is an example of someone who has been able to integrate, his brother is obviously the polar opposite. Amazing when you think of it.

Judging by the posts tonight's episode of GoT will be unmissable.

BTW is anyone watching Billions?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

bilston wrote: »

Great boobs in it bilston. But in case you don't like boobs there's also a hard cut to a close up of a wart infested penis.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I can't stand your man in that, the ginger lad from Homeland. I genuinely want to punch my TV every time the ad comes on Sky for it.

I can't stand your man in that, the ginger lad from Homeland. I genuinely want to punch my TV every time the ad comes on Sky for it.

Damian Lewis?

Why so?

He is in two of my favourite shows Band of Brothers and Homeland. Admittedly Homeland has been a hell of a lot better since he left.

Still Billions is shaping up to be great show.

awec wrote: »

Great boobs in it bilston. But in case you don't like boobs there's also a hard cut to a close up of a wart infested penis.

Something for everyone then.

Damian Lewis?

Why so?

He is in two of my favourite shows Band of Brothers and Homeland. Admittedly Homeland has been a hell of a lot better since he left.

Still Billions is shaping up to be great show.

I just hated him on Homeland. First season was okay but after that he pissed me off. His noisy breathing could drive me to murder!

I remember him on BoB and he didn't bother me then. He was in a thing the BBC did ages ago called Warriors about UK peace keepers in Bosnia. It was really good too and he wasn't annoying in it. I don't know, maybe it was the character on Homeland, and his stupid daughter... and the noisy breathing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Well we know now that Bran has unique powers to blend past and present. Very intriguing where he goes from here.
    the idea is that he can see past present and future...

Katie Taylor qualified for Rio there. I'd say there's a lot of marketing people and sponsors very relieved this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Katie Taylor qualified for Rio there. I'd say there's a lot of marketing people and sponsors very relieved this afternoon.

If I never hear her speak again it will be too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

kuang1 wrote: »
    If I never hear her speak again it will be too soon.

Wait, you mean you don't like hearing someone bang on about God in a monotone Bray accent? You philistine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Teferi wrote: »
    Wait, you mean you don't like hearing someone bang on about God in a monotone Bray accent? You philistine.

Jesus I think monotone is probably being kind! And if I'm honest I'd nearly get over the god shiiite...but foooook me...is it E-flat she's stuck in?

I wonder if there's a medical explanation!!

I've just spent 20 minutes laughing at gifs of this baseball mascot.

dFGOHl3.gif

oIiy83J.gif

XSstCUQ.jpg

Akj9LL7.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just downloaded Magnus Carlsen's chess app, in which you can play against a version of him at various ages, starting at 5 through to 13 (when he became a grandmaster) through to now (he's 25).

Let me tell you, there are few things as humbling as being check-mated by a six and a half year old. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Just downloaded Magnus Carlsen's chess app, in which you can play against a version of him at various ages, starting at 5 through to 13 (when he became a grandmaster) through to now (he's 25).

Let me tell you, there are few things as humbling as being check-mated by a six and a half year old. :(

Its not that bad when it's possibly the greatest chess prodigy of all time! If it was just a random kid that picked up the game a few months ago, then maybe :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I go checkmated by my 6 year old daughter and I only taught her how to play the day before. I couldn't even pretend I let her win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I go checkmated by my 6 year old daughter and I only taught her how to play the day before. I couldn't even pretend I let her win.

Of course you could. Lying to children is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

The perfect time to tell her the truth about Santa and the Easter Bunny.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    The perfect time to tell her the truth about Santa and the Easter Bunny.

Oh man, she was never buying that flying reindeer crap. I won't say she's cynical but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/11-european-countries-object-to-irelands-plan-for-health-warnings-on-alcohol-products-737570.html

Ireland wants to bring in a law. 11 countries object, Ireland have to respond to each one to tell them why we should be able to pass a law in our own country. I'm surprised this isn't the sort of thing the Leave campaign in the UK aren't jumping all over but they seem to miss these opportunities preferring to rely on wild speculation and demagoguery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It is a bit mad that alcoholic drinks don't have a nutritional break down on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

CatFromHue wrote: »
    It is a bit mad that alcoholic drinks don't have a nutritional break down on them

It's very annoying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Bulmers light and Orchard's Thieves light both have their calorific breakdown on them. This just makes me wonder what actually is in them as it appears to be nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is it just me or is the rugby forum becoming more and more tedious. There's a ridiculous amount of trolls and putting them on ignore doesn't work because so many people quote and reply to them. Someone arguing in one of the threads that Joe Schmidt cost us 2 grand slams ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Synode wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the rugby forum becoming more and more tedious. There's a ridiculous amount of trolls and putting them on ignore doesn't work because so many people quote and reply to them. Someone arguing in one of the threads that Joe Schmidt cost us 2 grand slams ffs

You're not wrong. The problem with the ignore list is that the 'view post' button is still there too. The ignore function should be a full ignore imo, unless it's a mod on the forum they mod.

I feel I am guilty of engaging with them too much. (Hopefully not of being one myself!)

There seems to be a lot of new names I don't recognise that have appeared since the weekend. I don't want to connect them all to Connacht's win but they seem to be beating the same drum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The lads in work today seem to like fm104. I don't believe I have ever heard a worse selection of music in my entire life....Truly brutal.

I turned it over to txfm at lunch and they went mad and told me to "turn off that rave sh*te". Suppose it's only another 90 mins to home time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

I feel I am guilty of engaging with them too much. (Hopefully not of being one myself!)

There seems to be a lot of new names I don't recognise that have appeared since the weekend. I don't want to connect them all to Connacht's win but they seem to be beating the same drum.

I've noticed that about the new names. I think you're right that it seems to have increased since the pro12 final. There seems to have been 2 influxes. Smug Connacht fans and people calling for Leo's head in the Leinster thread.

I've also noticed that regular posters seem to be a bit narkier, getting pissed off at some of the sh1t that is being posted. I find myself skipping over loads of posts these days

mfceiling wrote: »
    The lads in work today seem to like fm104. I don't believe I have ever heard a worse selection of music in my entire life....Truly brutal.

I turned it over to txfm at lunch and they went mad and told me to "turn off that rave sh*te". Suppose it's only another 90 mins to home time...

I couldn't handle any radio station in work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Rave ****e on TXFM?

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Rave ****e on TXFM?

Hot chip...

I know

Shame TXFM are on the way out.

Dublin lacks a radio station that plays classic rock, heavy metal, grunge and punk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Nova is what I listened to back in my Dublin days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Dublin Ireland lacks a radio station that plays classic rock, heavy metal, grunge and punk.

FYP

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

47597_m.jpg

The star of the new Spanish prison drama "locked up".

The show is great so far (2 episodes).

awec mentioned all the tits on GOT. So he should enjoy this.

Can anyone recommend some TV shows with a lot of penis in them?

Mmmm penis.

Penis. Penis. Penis.

All I know about tele is that while most of you watch really cool American dramas or epic "fantasy" series, I am sitting here watching Made in Chelsea.

I genuinely have no idea what it's about. I've been told to keep quiet as I'm asking too many questions. Are they actors? Is it scripted? Am I real? Where are the biscuits?

All I know about tele is that while most of you watch really cool American dramas or epic "fantasy" series, I am sitting here watching Made in Chelsea.

I genuinely have no idea what it's about. I've been told to keep quiet as I'm asking too many questions. Are they actors? Is it scripted? Am I real? Where are the biscuits?

An appropriate question given you're watching the heir to the McVities biscuit empire laze around Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

swiwi_ wrote: »

awec mentioned all the tits on GOT. So he should enjoy this.
    Can anyone recommend some TV shows with a lot of penis in them?

Mmmm penis.

Penis. Penis. Penis.
    Thread is gone to the dogs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

A friend of mine worked in a pub in chelsea a few years ago and got really excited because they were in there filming. And then they turned up with a couple of far more attractive bar staff and told him he wasn't needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Dublin lacks a radio station that plays classic rock, heavy metal, grunge and punk.

Internet radio, the beauty of.
    Lots of little local stations from the US or UK, or little college radio that do some good ****.

Stheno wrote: »
    Thread is gone to the dogs :(

I was just trying to balance it up a little.

A friend of mine worked in a pub in chelsea a few years ago and got really excited because they were in there filming. And then they turned up with a couple of far more attractive bar staff and told him he wasn't needed.

What is it about but? Is it like a soap but made to look more realistic? She's gone to bed so I've turned it over to Fawlty Towers.

An appropriate question given you're watching the heir to the McVities biscuit empire laze around Chelsea.

He's the one Brad Thorn put in hospital. I took great pleasure in showing that footage to the missus.

• Advertisement

What is it about but? Is it like a soap but made to look more realistic? She's gone to bed so I've turned it over to Fawlty Towers.

It's about rich posh people swanning around Chelsea pretending to like/love/hate one another.

He's the one Brad Thorn put in hospital. I took great pleasure in showing that footage to the missus.

That was a ****ty tackle though. Tough as nails Jamie played on, I think, with broken ribs. He was actually an alright player, if I remember right?

It's about rich posh people swanning around Chelsea pretending to like/love/hate one another.

Can't wait for tomorrow night when Geordie Shore hits our screen...

Internet radio, the beauty of.
    Lots of little local stations from the US or UK, or little college radio that do some good ****.

I get a couple of NZ stations when I'm feeling homesick. Otherwise it's what I've downloaded but most of the people I'm around hate my taste in music. If it was on the radio I'd get away with it, especially in the car. But if I get out my phone or iPad to play some tunes, everyone just loses their ****.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Can't wait for tomorrow night when Geordie Shore hits our screen...

Can you not build yourself a mancave?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement