Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Win €9 and get your original €2 stake back.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    9, plus your 2 euro stake back, so 11 in total.

Yeah, that's what I was working out, thought PP were ripping me off. Turns out I read the odds the wrong way around :D

I won 0.44c

It's a mugs game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I can only imagine how ridiculously stressful it is working in the French police forces during this competition having to worry about religious/English extremists.

It's not all bad...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1042883399092734&id=100413890006361

molloyjh wrote: »

That's from 2012. Unless there's Polish police on duty in France.

That's from 2012. Unless there's Polish police on duty in France.

Ah well that's just ruined it! Thanks.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

So I started watching Game of Thrones last night.

After only 1 episode it looks like it could be something worth sticking with. Funny to hear them speak with broad English accents though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

How many boobs was there

mfceiling wrote: »
    So I started watching Game of Thrones last night.

After only 1 episode it looks like it could be something worth sticking with. Funny to hear them speak with broad English accents though!!

I only started watching it because of Sean Bean, who I think is fantastic. I thought "sure I'll give it a look see". Have been glued ever since. Enjoy!

Synode wrote: »
    How many boobs was there

Good few on the screen and 2 sitting beside me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

I only started watching it because of Sean Bean, who I think is fantastic. I thought "sure I'll give it a look see". Have been glued ever since. Enjoy!

Come back to this post when you get to season 2
    Why would you start watching a show with Sean Bean obviously he's gonna die :)

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »
    Come back to this post when you get to season 2
    Why would you start watching a show with Sean Bean obviously he's gonna die :)

Oh I've been watching from the start so am fully up to date (last nights episode aside).
    And Sean Bean always dies :D

Oh I've been watching from the start so am fully up to date (last nights episode aside).
    And Sean Bean always dies :D

See that now, my coffee obviously hasn't kicked in yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Any recommendations for restaurants (pub food) in Belfast? Ideally close to the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Any recommendations for restaurants (pub food) in Belfast? Ideally close to the city centre.

I was in the botanical on Saturday had pub grub and the rugby on

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I was in the botanical on Saturday had pub grub and the rugby on

Bit out of the way if thomond is in the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

awec wrote: »
    Bit out of the way if thomond is in the city centre.

Ah yeah I spose so. (I also don't know my way about)

Try lovin dublin...He did a piece on belfast recently. Also the guardian did an article on the top ten craft beer pubs (some of them were recommended for food iirc).

The Bot is generally a student bar too and is often full of insufferable student types.

Don't think I've eaten in any of the city centre pubs. If you're wondering about drink thomond, my choices in the city centre would be The Crown (it's like a Western saloon), The Garrick, Whites Tavern, The Morning Star (old man horse racing pub), The Duke of York, The John Hewitt, The Northern Whig. The Apartment is a classy but expensive establishment if you like cocktails. The Kitchen Bar is also decent. Kelly's Cellars is a nice traditional pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Does anyone have the link to the video of the Irish fans pretending to punch each other behind Dara O'Brien conducting an interview? Oh man is it lol.

• Advertisement

Try lovin dublin...He did a piece on belfast recently. Also the guardian did an article on the top ten craft beer pubs (some of them were recommended for food iirc).

As a side note.... that Lovin Dublin guy is an awful dose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the link to the video of the Irish fans pretending to punch each other behind Dara O'Brien conducting an interview? Oh man is it lol.

https://twitter.com/qoreilly/status/742109808694792193

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I am working from home for the 2nd half of the day, the temptation to watch the new episode of GOT is unreal

I am working from home for the 2nd half of the day, the temptation to watch the new episode of GOT is unreal

Do it man, I watched it this morning
    Slightly disappointing but i still enjoyed it, next weeks is going to be insane though

awec wrote: »
    The Bot is generally a student bar too and is often full of insufferable student types.

Don't think I've eaten in any of the city centre pubs. If you're wondering about drink thomond, my choices in the city centre would be The Crown (it's like a Western saloon), The Garrick, Whites Tavern, The Morning Star (old man horse racing pub), The Duke of York, The John Hewitt, The Northern Whig. The Apartment is a classy but expensive establishment if you like cocktails. The Kitchen Bar is also decent. Kelly's Cellars is a nice traditional pub.

Jesus awec you've brought back some memories there for me!!

Me and my mates used to head to belfast for the new clothes a couple of times a year. Many's a Saturday was then wasted in Whites and The Morning Star!!

You'd come home with 2 pairs of socks and a belly full of tennants!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I always make time for Kelly's Cellars when I'm in Belfast. The fish restaurant beside it is supposed to be fairly great, but I've never been.

Jesus awec you've brought back some memories there for me!!

Me and my mates used to head to belfast for the new clothes a couple of times a year. Many's a Saturday was then wasted in Whites and The Morning Star!!

You'd come home with 2 pairs of socks and a belly full of tennants!!

Belfast really has a brilliant city centre pub scene.

Morning Star is a cracker. Apparently it does decent food, at least it looks decent from their facebook. Never eaten in it though.

I forgot about The Harp Bar which is across the road from the Duke of York. Decent spot as well.

been surprisingly enjoyable game in the Euro's

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Do it man, I watched it this morning
    Slightly disappointing but i still enjoyed it, next weeks is going to be insane though

Waited til I was finished. Similar feelings about it to you
    Robert Strong killing the faith guy was pretty bad ass. Liked the ending with Ayra, but other than that was s bit fillery

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Food in ten square in Belfast is lovely

• Advertisement

been surprisingly enjoyable game in the Euro's

We got a point so it's already a more successful campaign than 2012. Success.

Next week's GOT promo

Buer's favourite economist just left his political party.

Next week's GOT promo

AWESOME!!!!!!

raw

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Buer's favourite economist just left his political party.

Aww, thomond, you actually read my hate filled ramblings.

Shucks. :o

Also, Hobbs is a twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Man, I don't understand how someone becomes a professional economist. Like if you're actually able to analyze trends and advise policy then go work for a think tank, if you've a perfect understanding of the factors that effect economic cycles (but can't spot them easily) lecture. Don't just sit their writing newspaper columns criticizing decisions becuase you're clever enough to place a price on everything and a value on nothing. /rant.

RE: GoT
    I didn't dislike it as much as alot of people, I liked the Riverrun stuff to a degree, the scene with Edmure and Jamie in the tent was one of the best scenes of the season, I even.
    Loved how Ayra killed the waif in darkness, how the Waif actually inadvertently trained her to be so good by beating her when she was blind- it was the stupid chase scene when she was meant to be cut that just so far-fetched.. And why is Jacqen totally okay with Arya just leaving the House of Black and White..
    Buer wrote: »
    Aww, thomond, you actually read my hate filled ramblings.

Shucks. :o

Also, Hobbs is a twat.

*Hears the names Hobbs*
    *Has unconditional response to buy an apartment in Bulgaria*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

errlloyd wrote: »
    Man, I don't understand how someone becomes a professional economist. Like if you're actually able to analyze trends and advise policy then go work for a think tank, if you've a perfect understanding of the factors that effect economic cycles (but can't spot them easily) lecture. Don't just sit their writing newspaper columns criticizing decisions becuase you're clever enough to place a price on everything and a value on nothing. /rant.

Some people are passionate about journalism or public service (in the case of politicians). Not a fan of Hobbs but people should go out and do whatever makes them happy and earns them a living.

A friend of mine once refereed a rugby match where Hobbs' son was playing. He said he couldn't concentrate because Hobbs was shouting from the touchline and his voice was so distinctive that he had to put all his efforts into not laughing.

RE: GoT
    I didn't dislike it as much as alot of people, I liked the Riverrun stuff to a degree, the scene with Edmure and Jamie in the tent was one of the best scenes of the season, I even.
    Loved how Ayra killed the waif in darkness, how the Waif actually inadvertently trained her to be so good by beating her when she was blind- it was the stupid chase scene when she was meant to be cut that just so far-fetched.. And why is Jacqen totally okay with Arya just leaving the House of Black and White..
    my biggest problem with the chase scene was that the waif was chasing down Ayra T-1000 style and then as soon as Ayra gets injured she stops to a stroll to the point where she almost loses Ayra

Luke Marshall's twitter has been hacked. Swiwi's rampage continues!

• Advertisement

I was just admiring his profile picture last night.

Ck3JUFBXEAEnP-M.jpg

Don't think much of the new one.

I thought this was the "one of his team mates got hold of his phone" definition of hacked so I went to check out what kind of funny things they were posting.

Just a warning it's a proper hack and from the half a second I was there before quickly closing the page it's NSFW, (booobs).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Wow, he's doing a live cam chat. Must be from the camp. I'll definitely check this out. Not too busy in work.

EDIT: I've been sacked.

Buer wrote: »
    EDIT: I've been sacked.

Tomorrow on Joe.ie:

THE POLITICAL PARTY BUER HAS JUST JOINED WILL SHOCK YOU

Tomorrow on Joe.ie:

THE POLITICAL PARTY BUER HAS JUST JOINED WILL SHOCK YOU

*clicks link*

Off to see the Stone Roses tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

errlloyd wrote: »

Another self-satisfied, cloying journalist is David Williams.

Can't stand that guy.

Off to see the Stone Roses tonight :D

Were they good?

Trying to jig my work/life to get to see them in marley park next month. Support acts aren't up to much though.

Bob Geldof is chasing Nigel Farage down the Thames on a boat.

• Advertisement

Bob Geldof is chasing Nigel Farage down the Thames on a boat.

and this isn't a Waterford Whispers headline?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement