Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

b.gud wrote: »
    She was in the wrong lane and drove into me when I had already begun to exit the roundabout.
    It was a single lane exit at 12 o'clock we both pulled off the roundabout at the same time, me in the left, correct, lane and her in the right, incorrect, lane.

Was this in Galway, and if so, which roundabout?
    Buer wrote: »
    The understanding of how to use a roundabout in this country is appalling. Almost every day I see someone completely misuse their indicators on a roundabout. About once a week I see someone indicate left to turn onto a roundabout, the indicate when on the roundabout and then indicate left when they're exiting. It's not unusual to see someone do that when going straight on from the right hand lane either.

It should be a compulsory element of a driving test if a roundabout is available.

That's about once every 5 minutes in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Not if she came from an exit over 180 degrees to the one taken, and especially if she indicated to take the exit after the previous one.

Make sure you have the gardai on your side on this one ! No loose ends as to how she traveled and indicated....

We both came from the same exit, at the same time(different lanes), which was exactly 180 degrees from the exit we both took

Zzippy wrote: »
    Was this in Galway, and if so, which roundabout?

Yeah Joyce roundabout at the end of Bohermore

Make sure you have the gardai on your side on this one ! No loose ends as to how she traveled and indicated....

We never called the guards to the scene, can I go down to them and tell them what happened and find out who was in the right/wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

We never called the guards to the scene, can I go down to them and tell them what happened and find out who was in the right/wrong?

If you were going from bohermore to the tuam Rd and she hit you. You were in the right

I'm assuming that you were in the inside lane the whole time

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Definitely go and report it anyway !

Her insurers could challenge it and if there's a garde report, it's better to be in your words first.

If you were going from bohermore to the tuam Rd and she hit you. You were in the right

I'm assuming that you were in the inside lane the whole time

Yeah I was on the inside lane the whole time

Definitely go and report it anyway !

Her insurers could challenge it and if there's a garde report, it's better to be in your words first.

I went to them earlier and they told me I don't need to file a report unless the insurance companies ask for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Yeah I was on the inside lane the whole time

You are in the right she's crossing into you. She should be going to the eye in that lane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

HON LOWRY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I went to them earlier and they told me I don't need to file a report unless the insurance companies ask for one

File your report anyways. Make sure there's a written down report of your description of the accident.

To my shame I killed a family dog once, not my fault but nevertheless, I made absolutely sure I made a Garda report so if anything happened I could say, "hey look, I did say so". End of story, It's solely and absolutely to cover your arse.
    wp_rathead wrote: »
    HON LOWRY!

No. Not in a million ****ing years, the corrupt ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

No. Not in a million ****ing years, the corrupt ****.

Corrupt?

How?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

kuang1 wrote: »
    Corrupt?

How?

Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Michael

Oh yeah...jeez...I feel thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

We both came from the same exit, at the same time(different lanes), which was exactly 180 degrees from the exit we both took

Almost happened me a couple of weeks ago. Exact same scenario. I blared the horn and the man (in the wrong) got out. I told him he was in the lane to turn right so why did he go straight. He said "I can drive wherever the fcuk I want"

I see just last week the council have now put right turn arrows on the road in the right lane. It pis*ses me off no end when I see people drive right up past everyone on the left and then cut ahead at roundabouts. I'm going to buy an old banger of a jeep and clean these fcukers out of it some day!!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Come on Shane! Would be over the moon to see a fellow offaly man win a major!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He's having a mare. Shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Lads, this isn't the Offaly Topic Thread

eh?!

eh?!

No

eh?!

Offaly bad pun! Bold IBF!

• Advertisement

I bet you think that pun is Birrilliant

Game of Thrones
    Oh my sweet merciful Zeus

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Game of Thrones
    Oh my sweet merciful Zeus

Holy hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Won't see it until tonight, but I'm assuming from these comments I have something to look forward to?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

DGRulz wrote: »
    Won't see it until tonight, but I'm assuming from these comments I have something to look forward to?

Yes!

One of the best ever episodes of game of thrones.

awec wrote: »
    Yes!

One of the best ever episodes of game of thrones.

Nice!!!! I'll look forward to it so. Only ... 12 hours until I can look at it.

Nice!!!! I'll look forward to it so. Only ... 12 hours until I can look at it.

The internet will be a very dodgy place to go today for people like us who haven't seen it

The internet will be a very dodgy place to go today for people like us who haven't seen it

I should be fine once no one posts anything on Facebook, my main stalking grounds are here and Reddit so I'll just stay off r/gameofthrones :cool:

I should be fine once no one posts anything on Facebook, my main stalking grounds are here and Reddit so I'll just stay off r/gameofthrones :cool:

Twitter will be the big issue for me, might stay off it for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Haven't watched any of this season's GOT I'm block recording for a marathon next weekend....I'm.bricking myself now :D

On an unrelated matter, I explained the term Blue Waffle to 2 of the girls at work today....cue much swearing and dry retching....I do love my job some days! :):)

• Advertisement

Haven't watched any of this season's GOT I'm block recording for a marathon next weekend....I'm.bricking myself now :D

On an unrelated matter, I explained the term Blue Waffle to 2 of the girls at work today....cue much swearing and dry retching....I do love my job some days! :):)

I think I'm afraid to ask... :o

WTF is your job that your doing THAT? :eek:
    Zzippy wrote: »
    I think I'm afraid to ask... :o

DONT!!!

If I wasn't at work my curiosity would have gotten the better of me and I would have Googled that by now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If I wasn't at work my curiosity would have gotten the better of me and I would have Googled that by now

It's not that bad but deffo nsfw

Stheno wrote: »

Considering who mentioned it, I had assumed that ;)
    I'll google when I'm not in work!

Google it when you're at home with your wife later.

I did Google it for them....I was thanked in many four letter words :D

Stheno wrote: »

The voice of experience?
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

It's no goatse, that's for sure

• Advertisement

Got up this morning at 6 to watch GOT before anyone else got up. In hindsight I should have made popcorn, amazing stuff.

Got up this morning at 6 to watch GOT before anyone else got up. In hindsight I should have made popcorn, amazing stuff.

Same! I get up early at about 8 on a Monday to watch it just so I avoid spoilers. :o

Girlfriend thinks it's hilarious cause I'm not a morning person at all and this is pretty much the only thing that gets me out of bed early!

I just watch it at 2am on Sunday night on Sky Atlantic. Incredible episode

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Same! I get up early at about 8 on a Monday to watch it just so I avoid spoilers. :o

Girlfriend thinks it's hilarious cause I'm not a morning person at all and this is pretty much the only thing that gets me out of bed early!

Early.

F*ck you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

It'll be some shock when you get a real job. :pac:

Buer wrote: »

Early.

F*ck you.

:D:D

You have kids though, so I do have sympathy!
    molloyjh wrote: »
    It'll be some shock when you get a real job. :pac:

I have a real job! :cool:

Couldn't be dealing with this 9am start business. Girlfriend leaves the house about 7:15 so I get about 2 hours in bed by myself. Roll out of bed at 9:15, in work for 10ish.

• Advertisement

Serious episode alright, can't wait until next week to see what else happens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I have a real job! :cool:

Couldn't be dealing with this 9am start business. Girlfriend leaves the house about 7:15 so I get about 2 hours in bed by myself. Roll out of bed at 9:15, in work for 10ish.

Damn you, I get up at six am most days I am not working from home.

When working from home, I do roll out of bed about ten but often work till eight.

I've just told the OH to google blue waffle, mwahahahaaaa

Trailer for the finale

https://youtu.be/MehJaeTVrxI

That scene was one of the best I've ever seen of its type on TV, just everything about it was superb. Can't believe it's over next week.

How many more series' will there be?

That scene was one of the best I've ever seen of its type on TV, just everything about it was superb. Can't believe it's over next week.

How many more series' will there be?

Two I believe.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement