Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding a property! !!

Options
  • 10-01-2015 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

As a matter of desperation I am coming to the adverts community for help. PLEASE READ! !!!

I have been in a rented property for the past two years and unfortunately My landlord has given us notice due to the fact he is coming back to Ireland and needs the house for his family. 

We are a professional couple with 3 children who go to school in Clondalkin so need a 3 bed property in the local area (lucan, Newcastle, saggart, city West, clondalkin etc.). We have 4 weeks before we need to move out and have not been able to find a property.

We have full deposit, landlord reference and my wife's work reference. I am self employed and can provide proof of this. 

This is where the issue is and please read fully before being put off. We are on the council RAS scheme. With this you can sign up to a contract with the council for between 80 & 90 % of the asking price. They pay this direct to you every month for the duration of the contract which can be for 1 - 5 years. You will get this payment into your account regardless of whether the tenant is in the property or not! As a couple we would then pay any shortfall so you do not miss out on any rent. We currently top up by €210 per month and the landlord can confirm this has been done on time each month. 

Due to the inconsistency of a new start up business we need to stay on RAS to guarantee the monthly rent. If the business has a bad month then my wife's wage would not cover everything whereas on RAS it does giving you the landlord better peace of mind. As I have set up a business it will be 5 years before we could buy meaning of you are looking for long term rental security this is a PERFECT OPTION. 

Imagine taking on a tenant responsible for 100% of the rent and they lose their job or relationship breaks down. Potentially these things would lead to the tenant not being able to pay rent or worse still move out where you lose out 100%. With RAS you are guaranteed at least 80% of your rental regardless of whether the tenant is working or not and even if the tenant moves out. 80% is better than nothing renting to the private market, but as it is if you want a long term tenant that is us. We will stay for 5 years and always top up any shortfall which is always doable as it should be no more than €2-300.

If you have a property or know of anyone that does either available now or in the near future please contact me. We have 4 weeks! !!!!!

I am from the UK so have no family for support and my wife's parents only have a 3 bed not ideal for 7 people. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement