Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dishwasher not working right

• 10-01-2015 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have an integrated dishwasher. Its siemens and about three years old. We dont use it very often however it is not working right.

When I turn it on, the bottom of the dishwasher fills up with water and it continually makes a noise as if it is running but the dishes are not cleaned. The water at the bottom does not seem to be cleaning the dishes.

I can drain the water no problem from it and refill it but it still wont run.

Does anyone have any ideas/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Have u cleaned out all the filters and checked to see that the rotating arms are not blocked with food particles.
    The above assumes that machine is going the full cycle on its own.
    If it is then maybe take out the two trays and take off the rotating bottom arm and run a cold cycle to see if it is pumping, maybe circulation pump is blocked, knackered.
    A callout will be c90 to 120

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Have u cleaned out all the filters and checked to see that the rotating arms are not blocked with food particles.
    The above assumes that machine is going the full cycle on its own.
    If it is then maybe take out the two trays and take off the rotating bottom arm and run a cold cycle to see if it is pumping, maybe circulation pump is blocked, knackered.
    A callout will be c90 to 120

HI there Calahonda,

thanks for the tips. I cleaned out the filters but am unsure how to check if the rotating arms are blocked with food particles?

I'll take out the trays so when I get home. Is it hard to take off the rotating arm or should it just click off?

The top one may be attached to top tray so no worries there.
    The bottom one should just pull up.
    Its the fine directional jets at each end that gives the rotation.
    If u have v hard water calcium can fall off the elements and get caught in the jets.
    If u do need a new rotating arm, check first with ur local recycling centre that take in white goods. My one gets collections evry two weeks so I go up on the 13th day :) when I need stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

The top one may be attached to top tray so no worries there.
    The bottom one should just pull up.
    Its the fine directional jets at each end that gives the rotation.
    If u have v hard water calcium can fall off the elements and get caught in the jets.
    If u do need a new rotating arm, check first with ur local recycling centre that take in white goods. My one gets collections evry two weeks so I go up on the 13th day :) when I need stuff.

Thanks. I tried all of that when I got home and I have the water spraying on the dishes. The only problem I have now is the water never seems to get hot in the dishwasher.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the help .

Beyond my paygrade!
    However lets look at it logically.
    Assume wash cycle is time controlled and not temp controlled.
    Ie the wash cycle goes on regardless of water temp.
    From what you say the cycle finishes

Therefore it looks like ur element is knackered.
    If u remove the bottom filters can u see it?

Dig out the exact spec for washer and look on/contact www dot spareparts dot ie they on north Frederick st in Dublin.

At least u will know part is available.

Then its a question of getting it fitted
    Hope that helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement