Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen Galway 1962/3

Options
  • 10-01-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Folks I’m looking to get a canvas picture of Galway for above the mantelpiece in my sitting room. What I have in mind is one of the River Corrib Frozen over from 1962/3. My problem is I’m struggling to find a picture of the frozen River. There was one on the wall in The Commercial boat club (I assume it’s still there) in Woodquay but I’m struggling to find an electronic copy of the picture. The picture iirc is of the river completely frozen over looking up the river to where the Quincentennial Bridge is now.
    It’s probably a long shot but does anyone have any pics of the frozen river/lake from this time.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Folks I’m looking to get a canvas picture of Galway for above the mantelpiece in my sitting room. What I have in mind is one of the River Corrib Frozen over from 1962/3. My problem is I’m struggling to find a picture of the frozen River. There was one on the wall in The Commercial boat club (I assume it’s still there) in Woodquay but I’m struggling to find an electronic copy of the picture. The picture iirc is of the river completely frozen over looking up the river to where the Quincentennial Bridge is now.
    It’s probably a long shot but does anyone have any pics of the frozen river/lake from this time.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Connacht Tribune office?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NickSantigo

Completely forgot about their Archive. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

University library might have something.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

If you do find the pic would you mind throwing it up here. Would love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

The most sought after Galway this Christmas

• Advertisement
Advertisement