Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cot bed- bed guard??

Options
  • 10-01-2015 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Thinking of changing my toddlers cot into a cot bed. Would people recommend a bed guard on this or are they just for single beds??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We just used a single bed guard when we converted his cot bed.
    Got one on adverts for a fiver which we now use on his real bed with a 9" mattress. Hechad a toddler bed in between which broke and was a complete waste of money. He's 4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

We just used a single bed guard when we converted his cot bed.
    Got one on adverts for a fiver which we now use on his real bed with a 9" mattress. Hechad a toddler bed in between which broke and was a complete waste of money. He's 4 now.

I would just buy her a single bed but her cot turns into a cot bed so just gonna use that for a while! Do the single bed guards for in the toddler beds ok??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

They work fine on toddler beds. We used the cot bed until we needed to convert it to a cot again but he broke the toddler bed easily.
    Got the full bed off big Mickley in Longford. Just bought it over the phone. It was cheaper than buying the rubbish you get in bargain town.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

You might not need one. I thought we would but after a few nights ours adjusted and haven't fallen out.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

lazygal wrote: »
    You might not need one. I thought we would but after a few nights ours adjusted and haven't fallen out.

We didn't need one either. I just put her cot mattress on the floor next to the bed for the first few nights. She never actually fell out so I removed it a week or so later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I got the lindam bed rail but it was terrible for a cot bed. The mattress has to be a particular thickness. Brought it back. Then got a normal bed anyway and never used a guard, just my long pregnancy pillow on the floor for a few nights but he never fell out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

We got a tippitoes one from Amazon and it was fine. I don't think they are necessary though, especially on a cot bed as most are very low down anyway. We stopped using it when we moved and my daughter has never fallen out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭addob

I have a Cosetto cot bed and bough the small rail from Ikea, it's been great as it stops him from rolling but i slow enough for him to climb over if he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

We bought the Safety 1st bed rail from Smyths. Our little dude went into his cot bed from 18 months. He tends to throw himself around while sleeping so the rail was the safest option. The safety 1st one is extendable so it fits perfect for us with enough room for him to climb in and out at the end of the bed. In Smyths they are €30 but my MIL bought one on adverts for her house for €15.

Advertisement