Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash Interest??

Options
  • 10-01-2015 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

I see on my 365 Credit Card balance that there's a €0.12 CASH INTEREST charge - what is this for??

I withdrew €70 a few weeks ago and was charged a CASH ADVANCE FEE of €2.54. I'm fine with that, well used to it and fair enough.

What's this new CASH INTEREST charge about? Is this here to stay? Do other banks charge this? If not, then I'm seriously considering switching banks (and I'm an excellent customer by the way). Even though it's only small money, it's one new charge after another with BOI as far as I can see.

Please let me know what's going on. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Bradt Pitt,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

There is a Cash Interest fee which is charged when you withdraw funds from your Credit Card at an ATM. While there is an Interest Free period for purchases if you have your bill paid in full each month, there would be no Interest Free period for cash advances. This was introduced in April 2014, when we notified all Credit Card Account holders of changes to their Terms and Conditions and Interest Free Periods. Inserts were included in all statements issued to customers to advise of these changes.

We will charge you interest from the date the cash advance is posted to your account. You can more information on our Credit Card fees and charges here.

I hope this helps and if you need help with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

This was introduced in April 2014, when we notified all Credit Card Account holders of changes to their Terms and Conditions and Interest Free Periods. Inserts were included in all statements issued to customers to advise of these changes.

Wow. 
    So the CASH ADVANCE FEE wasn't enough for BOI? 
    Wow.

No offence to you, Sarah - it seems like you do a great job - but I'm getting tired of all the extra little charges BOI keep adding.
    Time for a change of banks!

Thanks for your reply btw.

Advertisement