Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrot as a treat?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

mine love carrots too, and every morning each gets a pear after their kibble to round off breakfast. They love all kinds of fruit and veg, though obviously don't get things like grapes, raisins etc. Trevor is particularly fond of strawberries - he sort of sucks on them until they're mushy and then swallows. Gas mutts they are :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Lpfsox wrote: »
    and every morning each gets a pear after their kibble to round off breakfast.

Well, that is a first for me! I've heard of dogs eating all sorts of unusual things, even bananas, but not pears :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

DBB wrote: »
    Well, that is a first for me! I've heard of dogs eating all sorts of unusual things, even bananas, but not pears :pac:

Are bananas ok for dogs to eat?! Lex was staying in a lovely house in Drogheda while we were on hokidyas and enjoyed snacking on pears as they fell from the tree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

toadfly wrote: »
    Are bananas ok for dogs to eat?! Lex was staying in a lovely house in Drogheda while we were on hokidyas and enjoyed snacking on pears as they fell from the tree!

As far as I know! Opie goes mental for the very last piece of a banana, the bit thats in the end of the peel as you eat it. I usually let him have a piece a day. Although, in fairness, Opie used to eat his own poo, so I can't really say his range of taste is anything special :p

Advertisement