Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who pays the €90 registration for PRTB?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

murphaph wrote: »
    You paid the fee. In fact you paid more than the fee. Think about it.

In rent i know

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Yup and any cost the landlord has gets passed on in the rent charged. The landlord however doesn't just add 90 quid to the rent because revenue will tax him on it so he has to add maybe 120 quid on to the rent.

It would be financially better for tenants if landlords could legitimately pass on theses costs like the PRTB fee and LPT to the tenant, rather than adding them plus tax to the gross rent charged.

murphaph wrote: »
    Yup and any cost the landlord has gets passed on in the rent charged. The landlord however doesn't just add 90 quid to the rent because revenue will tax him on it so he has to add maybe 120 quid on to the rent.

It would be financially better for tenants if landlords could legitimately pass on theses costs like the PRTB fee and LPT to the tenant, rather than adding them plus tax to the gross rent charged.

To the genuine, legitimate landlords there may be a case, if only a slight one,but to the rogue ones no chance, but i reckon that could be a political landmine if attempted, just like irish water is proving to be

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

KC161 wrote: »
    You must be a rogue landlord so,any place I have rented bar 1 the landlord paid the fee,the one who didn't was rogue, he lost a tenant very quickly let me tell you

No I'm not and I take offence to your comment. My tenants are very happy and are well looked after. For an example, one called last week reporting a broken window. Within 5 minutes I had a glazer booked in to measure and replace the window.
    The PRTB dont help landlords so I have a problem paying for them, and as such it's the only cgarge that I get the tenant to pay

Yea well, you shouldn't be allowed be a landlord to be honest. I'd be delighted to avoid having to deal with you.

That's a stupid statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ted1 wrote: »
    That's a stupid statement.

Good input m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Good input m8.

We don't allow text speak here. Please don't use it again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Registering a Tenancy

Rates

Each registration costs €90. If you are registering a number of tenancies in the same building at the same time, you can pay a composite fee of €375. If a single registration is late, the fee is doubled. If a multiple registration is late, the composite fee no longer applies and a fee of €180 applies for each tenancy being registered late.

Landlords should not ask tenants to pay the registration fee.

Source: Citizens Information http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/registering_a_tenancy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Graham wrote: »
    Registering a Tenancy

Rates

Each registration costs €90. If you are registering a number of tenancies in the same building at the same time, you can pay a composite fee of €375. If a single registration is late, the fee is doubled. If a multiple registration is late, the composite fee no longer applies and a fee of €180 applies for each tenancy being registered late.

Landlords should not ask tenants to pay the registration fee.

Source: Citizens Information http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/registering_a_tenancy.html

Thank you Graham!

@Ted - I suggest you try not to break the law by demanding fees from tenants that you should pay as a landlord :)

weedhead wrote: »
    Thank you Graham!

@Ted - I suggest you try not to break the law by demanding fees from tenants that you should pay as a landlord :)

Weedhead, should is a suggestive phase. It's does not imply that it is compulsary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Weedhead, should is a suggestive phase. It's does not imply that it is compulsary

Have fun dancing with the words for now. When your current tenants move out, see how long it will take you to get a new tenant to agree to pay a fee, for an organisation that, they have no obligation to register with.

Have fun dancing with the words for now. When your current tenants move out, see how long it will take you to get a new tenant to agree to pay a fee, for an organisation that, they have no obligation to register with.
    As a ll who takes RA i don't have a hard time getting tenants

As a ll who takes RA i don't have a hard time getting tenants

But have an awful time getting rid of them no doubt

KC161 wrote: »
    But have an awful time getting rid of them no doubt

I have never had a need to get rid of a tenant. I Vet well and the only real time they move out is if their circumstance changes.

I've had 2 who moved back to there parents and continued collecting RA, they got caught out a few months later as the welfare noticed that they were issuing cheques for 2 people living at the address and they rang me to clarify.

I have never had a need to get rid of a tenant. I Vet well and the only real time they move out is if their circumstance changes.

I've had 2 who moved back to there parents and continued collecting RA, they got caught out a few months later as the welfare noticed that they were issuing cheques for 2 people living at the address and they rang me to clarify.

You vet well??? You signed up to the Garda vetting bureau???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Cut out the petty squabbling please.

Advertisement