Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song Suggestions and Advice on Gigging

Options
  • 10-01-2015 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, I would much appreciate your help here.

So I recently started gigging, started in a bar of a hotel a few weeks ago, just me and my guitar. I play anything from Irish to pop to country, but the Irish folk songs have been the majority of my set list which works but I've been told the songs I sing are mainly sad songs ie Travellin Soldier, Grace, Only Our Rivers etc. which people do like but I need more upbeat songs to get people hyped up about the night ahead. I also have Fields of Athenry and Wild Rover which are very popular also. But this is where I need your help! If you have any suggestions whether it's Irish, folk, pop or country, I would give anything a go, I would gladly appreciate it.

Also because I'm just starting out in the gigging scene, have you any advice you could give.

Thanking you in advance.
    Gillian Murphy

Advertisement