Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending a package by regular post to NI

Options
  • 10-01-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭

I send a package by regular/standard post to Antrim on Wednesday. I contacted the recipient today and they have not received it as of yet. Does anyone know roughly how long it usually takes to be delivered? I understand that it would have to go to the sorting office 1st, but does it go to another sorting office in Northern Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

billyhead wrote: »
    I send a package by regular/standard post to Antrim on Wednesday. I contacted the recipient today and they have not received it as of yet. Does anyone know roughly how long it usually takes to be delivered? I understand that it would have to go to the sorting office 1st, but does it go to another sorting office in Northern Ireland?

Of course it has to go to an NI sorting office. Posting Wednesday I would not expect delivery already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I have sent several parcels to NI over the last year and it usually takes 3 days for them to arrive. The recipient will probably receive it on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭billyhead

The recipient has not received the package as of today. Will check again tomorrow afternoon and if their is still no sign of it arriving I will complete one of those online query/complaint forms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

The recipient has not received the package as of today. Will check again tomorrow afternoon and if their is still no sign of it arriving I will complete one of those online query/complaint forms

Give it another few days, sometimes takes a bit longer.
    Query/complaint forms aren't worth the paper they're written on.
    I'm presuming the package wasn't by registered post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭billyhead

dobsdave wrote: »
    Give it another few days, sometimes takes a bit longer.
    Query/complaint forms aren't worth the paper they're written on.
    I'm presuming the package wasn't by registered post

Thanks dobsdave for the reply. It was standard post. It was posted last Wednesday afternoon. Its supposed to go the to sorting office here, then to the sorting office in Northern Ireland, then to the local PO and then to the destination in Belfast. I will give it another couple of days so and if its no their by Thursday it was either stolen or mislaid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Thanks dobsdave for the reply. It was standard post. It was posted last Wednesday afternoon. Its supposed to go the to sorting office here, then to the sorting office in Northern Ireland, then to the local PO and then to the destination in Belfast. I will give it another couple of days so and if its no their by Thursday it was either stolen or mislaid.

I have learnt from bad experiences with an post.
    What I usually do now is ask myself:
    What happens if this package/letter doesn't get through?
    Can I afford for this to get lost/mislaid?

I normally register anything of remote value.Peace of mind.

Advertisement