Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JFDI

Options
  • 10-01-2015 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,463 ✭✭✭✭

yesterday-you-said-tomorrow_wide2.jpg

So I've made various attempts at pretending to go to the gym and get in shape for a good few years now. Time to cut the ****e and actually just fucking do it (JFDI).

Gonna divide my year in quarters and re-evaluate where I am fitness wise at the end of each.

Perfect way to start that ties in nicely is stronglifts or starting strength. Downloaded the programme and tested my maxes the last two days.

Deadlift - 60kg
    Squat - 40kg
    Barbell Row - 25kg
    Overhead Press - 20kg
    Bench Press - 40kg

Weight: 11st 1lb
    Height: 6'1"
    Bodyfat %: 16%

Goals for Q1 (Jan-Mar)
    - Double my maxes in each of the 5 compound exercises
    - Gain 3lbs lean gains
    - Shave 2% off the body fat %
    - Swim 500m | Row 1500m | Cycle 5km per week

Got a diet plan set out for the month too.

Suggestions/comments welcomed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Start light and build technique over a couple of weeks toward the maxes. For is key.

Having a program will make a big difference - you'll go in with purpose. It's all too easy to faff about in the gym and do a lot but get very little bang for your buck.

Best of luck

Advertisement