Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used books?

Options
  • 10-01-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anybody know where in Galway I can offload some used books? I'm happy to donate them.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Charlie Byrnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Charlie Byrnes as suggested. They used to (maybe still does) give you store credit for old books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Bell, Book & Candle, it's down by the Crane bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Charlie Byrnes?
    biko wrote: »
    Charlie Byrnes as suggested. They used to (maybe still does) give you store credit for old books.
    Id contact them before bringing them in as they havent been taking any for the last few months and they also only take certain books. Id advise bringing them to the various charity shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I believe end of January is when Charlie Byrnes start taking books again (for store credit). Take a photo of some titles to save you lugging them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Anybody know where in Galway I can offload some used books? I'm happy to donate them.

Any of the charity Shops I would imagine, SVP on Merchants Road, The "Supporting Autism" shop in Liosban are two that come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Freecycle - more work for you, but you'd you know that they went to people who want them.

Or post a list of titles here and see if any boardsies want 'em (would have to be donations only). Or adverts.ie if you want to sell 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Use adverts.ie for both if you sell or give them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

The Simon charity shops in sea road and briarhill will take second hand book donations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

What about old school books (few years old) guys? Anyone know if anyone takes these, I'd hate to just dump them and was hoping they might be some use to someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There I is/was a place opposite the back entrance to the Eyre Sq Centre on Abbeygate St that used to do school books. Think it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Did you try Joyce's school bookstore on Dominic Street? If they don't take them they would know who does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

There I is/was a place opposite the back entrance to the Eyre Sq Centre on Abbeygate St that used to do school books. Think it's still there.

Sounds like bookexchange.

Advertisement