Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-season hurling tournaments 2015 - Waterford Crystal Cup, Walsh & Kehoe Cup

• 10-01-2015 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭

Might as well open a thread on this as Tipperary kicked-off the 2015 inter-county hurling season by beating Mary I in a preliminary round Waterford Crystal Cup match last night. Seamus Callanan continued his scoring spree from last season by notching 3-7.

• Waterford Crystal Cup
    Tipperary (holders), Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary, Waterford, UL, LIT, UCC, Mary I and CIT

Fixtures:

Preliminary Round (A) Cork 1-18 UL 1-15 - Jan 10, CIT GAA Grounds
    Preliminary Round (B) Waterford vs LIT - 2pm Jan 11, Carriganore
    Preliminary Round (C) Tipperary 4-16 Mary I 1-16 - Jan 9 ,Dr Morris Park, Thurles

Quarter-Final (D) Clare vs Tipperary - Jan 18/19, Clare venue
    Quarter-Final (E) Cork vs CIT - Jan 18/19, CIT GAA Grounds
    Quarter-Final (F) Limerick vs Winners of B - Jan 18/19
    Quarter-Final (G) Kerry vs UCC - Jan 18/19, Kerry venue

Semi-Final (H) Winner of D vs Winner of E - Jan 25/26
    Semi-Final (I) Winner of F vs Winner of F - Jan 25/26
    Final Winner of H vs Winner of I - Feb 1/2

• The Bord Na Mona Leinster Walsh & Kehoe Cups
    Walsh Cup: Kilkenny (holders); Dublin; Wexford; Galway; Carlow; Antrim; Laois; Offaly; N.U.I. Galway; D.I.T.; U.C.D.; and Westmeath

Fixtures (Walsh Cup):

Group 1

Carlow vs N.U.I. Galway - 12.30pm Jan 11, Carlow
    Kilkenny vs N.U.I. Galway - 7.30pm Jan 18, Ballyraggett
    Carlow vs Kilkenny - 2pm Jan 25, Carlow

Group 2

Antrim
    vs D.I.T. - 2pm Jan 11, St. Pauls GAC Belfast
    Dublin vs D.I.T. - 7.30pm Jan 20, Parnell Park
    Dublin vs Antrim - 2pm Jan 25, Parnell Park

Group 3

Laois
    vs U.C.D. - 2pm Jan 11, Abbeyleix
    Wexford vs U.C.D. - 2pm Jan 18, Gorey
    Laois vs Wexford - 2pm Jan 25, Laois Venue

Group 4
    Westmeath vs Offaly - 2pm Jan 11, Mullingar
    Westmeath vs Galway - 2pm Jan 18, Mullingar
    Offaly vs Galway - 2pm Jan 25, Tullamore

Semi-Finals
    A Winners Group 1 vs Winners Group 4, Feb 1
    B Winners Group 3 vs Winners Group 2, Feb 1

Final
    Winner of A vs Winner of B, Feb 7
    Kehoe Cup: Longford; Wicklow; Louth; Fingal; Meath; Kildare; St Pats/Mater Dei.; and Maynooth University

Fixtures (Kehoe Cup):

Group 1

Longford vs Louth - 2pm Jan 18, Longford
    Meath vs St. Pats/Mater Dei. - 2pm Jan 18, Ashbourne
    Longford vs St. Pats/Mater Dei. - 2pm Jan 25, Longford
    Louth vs Meath - 2pm Jan 25, Louth Venue
    Meath vs Longford - 2pm Feb 1, Trim
    Louth vs St. Pats/Mater Dei. - 2pm Feb 1, Louth Venue

Group 2

Wicklow vs Fingal - 2pm Jan 18, Ballinakill Centre of Excellence
    Kildare vs Maynooth - 2pm Jan 18, Newbridge
    Fingal vs Maynooth - 2pm Jan 25, Dublin Venue
    Kildare vs Wicklow - 2pm Jan 25, Newbridge
    Wicklow vs Maynooth - 2pm Feb 1, Ballinakill Centre of Excellence
    Louth vs St. Pats/Mater Dei. - 2pm Feb 1, Dublin Venue

Final
    Winners of Group 1 vs Winners of Group 2 - 2pm Feb 8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

There seems to be a pre-league Hurling competition running in Connacht this year too. Involves Mayo, GMIT, Sligo and Leitrim in a group of 4. Dont know if the top 2 go into the final or not.

As you would expect, Mayo have beaten Sligo and Leitrim heavily so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

wins for offaly,laois,and Carlow today kilkenny hurl carlow next Offaly and Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Well, Cork and Limerick will face each other in the Waterford Crystal Cu final. Cork had a very good win over Clare, winning by 2-21 to 0-18. Limerick bounced back from a late goal by UCC to win 0-22 to 1-17.

Laois beat Wexford 4-18 to 1-19 in the Walsh Cup today. Great result for Laois, wonder what the teams were like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Dublin 0:28 Antrim 2:12 in the Walsh Cup at Parnell Park.

• Advertisement

Any scores from the Walsh Cup games?

Limerick are the Waterford Crystal Cup champions, this year was the first year since 2006 that we had beaten intercounty opposition in the competition. We won it then, when TJ Ryan was captain... now he's the manager. Don't want to read too much into it, but it's nice to win some silverware.

1/4 complete ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

Dublin hammer laois today 2-18 to 1-13 Dublin also played with 14 men for much of the second half Micheal Carton the fullback got a straight red

Dublin hammer laois today 2-18 to 1-13 Dublin also played with 14 men for much of the second half Micheal Carton the fullback got a straight red

Good result for Dublin, considering. Laois are a good team too, Dublin might be strong this year... just need to find another couple of forwards capable of getting regular scores from play at the highest level, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I wouldn't say that Dublin hammered Laois, I was at the game. No doubt that Dublin were the better side throughout but when Dublin got reduced to 14 men Laois piled on the pressure and Dublin coughed up a penalty to allow Laois back to 4pts with a few minutes left. Laois were very unlucky twice not to have a goal after. The Laois keeper made a howler at the end to put the gloss on the Dublin scoreline gifting them their second goal. Laois wasted alot of chances today, especially from frees.

Advertisement