Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A3 Sportback

• 10-01-2015 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭

Have my heart set on one of these and will be buying all things going well in the next 7-8 weeks. It will be 04-06 and my budget is €5500 maybe €6000, I have a few quesions.

What model to go for? My milage would be about 9000km a year so not sure if the diesel would be for me, But have heard the 1.6 petrol is thirsty and not a great engine over all. Is the FSI much better?

Would I save much going to the UK or the north to buy?

Anybody have any opinions on the car itself, I'm pretty much set on it TBH as I wanted a nice classy car with a nice interior, But I had also been looking at the new shape civics but there a little more expensive and just don't give me the same feel as the Audi.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 1.4 TFSI would be the one to get, they only came out in 07 so budget probably wouldn't strech?

1.6 and 1.6 FSI are both a bit gutless. The non FSI is a dog.

Try and get one with the panoramic roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The FSi is better than the older non FSI engine but with only doing small mileage I would not put so much focus on fuel costs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thinking of going to view this tomorrow can anyone tell me if that's a panoramic sunroof or just a black roof?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a3/8707964

Looks like the glass roof.
    Note that the reg number is hidden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The door mirrors are wrapped in black so it's possible that the roof is just wrapped too. I don't think the panoramic roof really stretches the entire area of the roof which seems to be the case here but it's really hard to tell from the photos. The interior shade is rather dull for a car with a panoramic roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thanks yeah I was thinking the shade in the car is a bit dark for a sunroof, probably wrapped. I noticed the reg I asked for more pictures and the reg to run a cartell so I'll see.

Anything I should be on the lookout for??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

A workmate bought a Audi A3 1.6 petrol about 10 months ago gearbox went this week fortunately he has a years warranty ..2008 93000 km

noelf wrote: »
    A workmate bought a Audi A3 1.6 petrol about 10 months ago gearbox went this week fortunately he has a years warranty ..2008 93000 km

Got car back today needed clutch aswell thank heavens for years warranty .. €3620 :O

vorsprung durch plastik

colm_mcm wrote: »
    vorsprung durch plastik

The mechanic said it was rare about 2 cars a year ..

• Advertisement

Dunno bout that, 2 friends of mine with 1.6 A3s had gearboxes completely fail. (Previous generation though)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Left side (pax) doors, respray?

Advertisement