Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bio Veterinary Science?

• 10-01-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just wondering does anyone know exactly what this course or career entails?

Can you actually work in a veterinary practice after doing this course or can you work hands on with animals?

I have always wanted to be a veterinary nurse but I have tried the last 3 years and I never got offered a place the points kept shooting up.

So I did a FETAC Level 5 course in Animal care which makes me a qualified veterinary assistant.

I want to go back to college again and I'm interested in this course as I will be able to get a place. The thing is would I be able to work hands on with animals or in a veterinary practice after doing this course and also being a qualified veterinary assistant??

Any help would be appreciated as the course outline on the AIT website doesnt explain it very well.

Thank you!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Hi OP,

I don't think this course is designed for working hands on with animals, it's more to do with laboratory work as far as I can see from the website. In theory, with your animal care course you could get a job in a vet practice as an animal care assistant but there aren't many jobs out there as most would be filled by veterinary nurses.
    I know a couple of veterinary practices that have people who just work in the lab (this is a rarity though) so by doing the course you may get a job in a practice but not have anything to do with animals.

Advertisement