Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclist (67) killed in collision with car in Mayo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

R.I.P

pic of the road and article here: http://jrnl.ie/1875412

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    R.I.P

pic of the road and article here: http://jrnl.ie/1875412

A comment below the article:

"I am living in the Aughagower Area and that is not the stretch of road that the collision occurred on."

The journal seems to have a bad record on this type of detail -- they also used Street View for the wrong road in a recent north Co Dublin collision.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I'm cycling that route almost weekly so it has scared the liven hell out of me, especially with the incident with the lights 2 weeks ago.
    Wouldn't know this man, my parents know him and said he was a true gentleman.
    May his soul rest in peace.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

R.I.P. Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Very sad, RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

It reminds you that life is fragile. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

R.I.P very sad news , thoughts are with his friends and family .

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

so sad RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The caption in the image says a road near where the collision happened, it's rubbish reporting.

RIP to the man, it's news none of us want to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Condolences to the cyclist's family and commiserations to the driver, who will have to live with this for the rest of her life.
    What is this passion for listing ages in headlines if people are over 60? Would they have said "Cyclist, 35, killed"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

RIP. Once I heard the newsreader say "A cyclist", I had a terrible premonition of what was to follow. Hadn't particular noticed that it was only over 60s that had their ages noted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Condolences to the cyclist's family and commiserations to the driver, who will have to live with this for the rest of her life.
    What is this passion for listing ages in headlines if people are over 60? Would they have said "Cyclist, 35, killed"?

I would hope that if it is found that she is the cause of the crash she would do more than just live with it. We just have to wait for things to emerge in due course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

TonyStark wrote: »
    I would hope that if it is found that she is the cause of the crash she would do more than just live with it. We just have to wait for things to emerge in due course.

My mum and dad knew him. I did not. By all accounts a genuinely very nice man. R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

colossus-x wrote: »
    Now, anyone tell me if there are any statistics put together that show in the case of cycle deaths what percentage drivers/cyclists are responsible for?
    I have never seen statistics of the vehicle that killed, only the vehicle of the victim. This is odd. If you want to fix a problem, you look at the cause.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

colossus-x wrote: »
    My mum and dad knew him. I did not. By all accounts a genuinely very nice man. R.I.P.

Now, anyone tell me if there are any statistics put together that show in the case of cycle deaths what percentage drivers/cyclists are responsible for?
    diomed wrote: »
    I have never seen statistics of the vehicle that killed, only the vehicle of the victim. This is odd. If you want to fix a problem, you look at the cause.
    Not a topic for this thread - anything like this only leads to speculation. Please keep this thread for condolances

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dlb_cycles

very tragic. RIP

Advertisement