Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electronics hackery help needed

Options
  • 10-01-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to connect weighing sensors to a Raspberry Pi and can't seem to make it work. The setup is:
    • 4 x load sensors like these, connected to
    • 1 x HX711 Amplifier & AD converter connected to
    • 1 x Raspberry Pi Model A+

Connecting the HX711 to the Pi seems OK - it's pretty straightforward, with 5V to VCC, GND to GND, GPIO 22 to DT and GPIO 26 to SCK. However, the problem is connecting the sensors to the HX711. I've tried a number of variations, but nothing seems to be visible to the software.

Anyone any idea of how to wire up these 3-wire sensors? I know each is half a Wheatstone bridge, and I've tried variations on that, with no luck.

One unusual aspect of these sensors is that they have black, red and blue wires rather than the more usual black, red and white. I've assumed that the blue is a direct replacement for the white, but that may not be correct.

Advertisement