Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Byrne's Million Euro Challenge

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

So fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

So according to the RTE News App someone wins €100,000 on that pyramid game tonight, and they were just a 0 away from a million. It really smells like a fix (nobody else got anywhere close) to get some much needed positive attention to this horrible show. The story not only reveals this but explains the rules of all the games which has no relevance at all.

When do they actually film the show then? I thought it all would have been done on the Saturday it's aired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

So according to the RTE News App someone wins €100,000 on that pyramid game tonight, and they were just a 0 away from a million.

You're all so cynical.. Have you not thought that maybe it's because people are getting better at the game.... I certainly know that if my ticket gets chosen, I'm going with three helicopters two submarines and a scooter, up up down up down, left right left left right, rock paper paper rock scissors .... and I'm walking out with the million..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Peanut wrote: »
    Spoiler for tonight's show if you're one of the 23 people still watching. They are so desperate to generate excitement that they're actually giving the result; just not the name of the person.
    So according to the RTE News App someone wins €100,000 on that pyramid game tonight, and they were just a 0 away from a million. It really smells like a fix (nobody else got anywhere close) to get some much needed positive attention to this horrible show. The story not only reveals this but explains the rules of all the games which has no relevance at all.

And at no point in that article is it mentioned that each of the players has another person playing alongside them... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's bad enough that the teams don't automatically split their respective winnings equally. But to ignore the second members completely? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

This all smells of Bertie Ahern to me !!! "Ahhhh I wun it on a horse, ya knoe!" :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Definitely a fix.

The thing I don't understand is they verify in the scanning box game that the numbers are the ones that showed up on screen. Fair enough.

In the pyramid game they don't verify where the 0's are.

Also I have a feeling that the reason Nicky and the contestants are so far away from the pyramid are so they can have someone in the back putting in a 0 or cash amount to suit.

So the camera is on the contestants...they pick a number. Nicky goes "Are you sure?". Between this time and taking the card from the pyramid is quite a length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Definitely a fix.

The thing I don't understand is they verify in the scanning box game that the numbers are the ones that showed up on screen. Fair enough.

Also I have a feeling that the reason Nicky and the contestants are so far away from the pyramid are so they can have someone in the back putting in a 0 or cash amount to suit.

So the camera is on the contestants...they pick a number. Nicky goes "Are you sure?". Between this time and taking the card from the pyramid is quite a length of time.

"Never thought I'd end up here!" ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Staying in tonight and gonna watch this. I haven't had the pleasure of watching it yet and am quite looking forward to it due to the hilarious comments on here. keep up the good work lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I haven't had the pleasure of watching it yet

pleasure is not the word i would use, torture would be a far fairer choice of word

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Definitely a fix.

I thought this the first time I saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Ah lad's it's not a fix for Christ sake. These games and 'machines' are regularly audited to make sure everything is fair and above board. The implications of fixing the show would be so wide-reaching it simply wouldn't be worth it. The National Lottery would cease to exist in its current form in Ireland, multiple heads would roll starting at the top and the National Lottery and RTE would never work together again.

It's very plausible that 100k was won. The fact that they have to try to entice people to watch it says everything though. 100k isn't even that big a win, there used to be three or four 250k's every year on Winning streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It is ridiculous that they're trying to entice people to watch this yawnfest by spoiling the shows outcome.

I thought the series was recorded on the day it aired?

And I have seen bigger jackpots than 100k scooped on the various incarnations of the lotto shows and I watched them rarely.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Ah lad's it's not a fix for Christ sake. These games and 'machines' are regularly audited to make sure everything is fair and above board. The implications of fixing the show would be so wide-reaching it simply wouldn't be worth it. The National Lottery would cease to exist in its current form in Ireland, multiple heads would roll starting at the top and the National Lottery and RTE would never work together again.

It's very plausible that 100k was won. The fact that they have to try to entice people to watch it says everything though. 100k isn't even that big a win, there used to be three or four 250k's every year on Winning streak.

The wheel is much more difficult to rig than the pyramid, though. :o:o:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Anyone going to watch this tonight?? lol

Anyone going to watch this tonight?? lol

Well, why wouldn't we? See if €100k was indeed won, and how... :o:o:o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Ah, dont think I'll bother, time for a film instead...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

The hubby wasn't looking too pleased haha

"Each week, three teams will play two games. After the second game, one team will play the Pyramid for a chance to win one million euro. Tonight's teams are A & X, B & Y, and C & Z. They'll risk it all as they play the Million Euro Challenge."

Seriously, compare and contrast this opening spiel with this one by Jon Briggs...

As I said last week, 'Crack the Code' appears to have been inspired by Lingo in the US.

But of course, Lingo is much faster-paced and much more fun... ;););)

please dont pick me out

• Advertisement

valentines special next week..... oh the excitement

Blue or yellow? What? Just say up and down??!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,519 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think the addition of a Pacman style game like that used in Murphys Micro Quiz M would put the interest level up 65% or so.

find out after the break

i wonder what "celebs" RTE are going to wheel out for next weeks carry on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Anyone watching this muck tonight? The UpDown game is now blue or yellow.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Anyone watching this muck tonight? The UpDown game is now blue or yellow.

The updownblueyellowcarscooter game you mean ???

The tension is killing me hurry up ad break

You know what's riskier business than 'Risky Business'?

The end game in Play Your Cards Right - even when it was points that were being risked on each card, instead of cash... :o:D;)

• Advertisement

i wonder what "celebs" RTE are going to wheel out for next weeks carry on?

Marty Whelan?

Advertisement