Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Byrne's Million Euro Challenge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

(Pathetic Excuse For A) Tie Break again...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

(Pathetic Excuse For A) Tie Break again...

at least they dont go for another ad break :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Shane looks absolutely miserable.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Shane looks absolutely miserable.

Doesn't help that he's not automatically going to get half the winnings...

marty whelan, nuala carey and someone from fair city be my guesses for the celebs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

They changed it to the up/down game again for the tiebreak...

telly bingo

'we'll edit that out' well I know an editor about to get a bollocking.

thank god thats over quick

Once again, this viewers' game may as well be called 'Guess The Digit'... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aaaand the second viewer guesses correctly, meaning that the third viewer has pretty much wasted her journey. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The weekly pyramidal chiffarobe game.

LOL, upside down... :D

Lol at Nicky opening the envelope upside down!

surely not gonna lose it on the last step

surely not gonna lose it on the last step

Nope. ;)

And upside-down again... :D:D

And he did it again! The editor really must not like Nicky

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Did anyone else spot the hand behind the pyramid pushing the drawer closed from behind just there! When the person picks the number in the pyramid someone could be putting in a zero or a cash amount!!:mad:

€123,000 is much better :)

The RTE article said one lucky person would win €100k.

I take it that means Des has won it - not him and Eimear together?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

cold case wrote: »
    Did anyone else spot the hand behind the pyramid pushing the drawer closed from behind just there! When the person picks the number in the pyramid someone could be putting in a zero or a cash amount!!:mad:

Maybe it was Marty Whelan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

watched this for the first time tonight

shocking stuff from the tacky graphics to the unfollowable games to the amatuer night presenter

baldbear wrote: »
    Maybe it was Marty Whelan?

or darcy..... he'd be short enough to hide in that triangle

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

There will be no homework in St pauls this Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

meath4sam wrote: »
    There will be no homework in St pauls this Monday.

No beatings until Tuesday...

I really do see where the conspiracy theorists are coming from. When they choose the number, the camera pans behind the other side of the pyramid so we can't see what's going on behind or to the left of the chiffarobe. Nicky then takes his time walking over and asks 'are you sure?' It's perfectly plausible someone could pass in an envelope in that time without us seeing anything. There's also a massive lack of transparency in not showing us what's in the other compartments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

I really do see where the conspiracy theorists are coming from. When they choose the number, the camera pans behind the other side of the pyramid so we can't see what's going on behind or to the left of the chiffarobe. Nicky then takes his time walking over and asks 'are you sure?' It's perfectly plausible someone could pass in an envelope in that time without us seeing anything. There's also a massive lack of transparency in not showing us what's in the other compartments.

Not one for conspiracies often but it might explain why he does so much walking around the stage, i thought it was just to pad an already boring show but maybe it is to give time for them to put in envelopes.

Still if it was done electronically people would be saying the same and if they had to show every envelope zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I really do see where the conspiracy theorists are coming from. When they choose the number, the camera pans behind the other side of the pyramid so we can't see what's going on

Also, I dont understand how the independent observer Stokes Kennedy Crowley are meant to audit this... Do they have somebody round the back of the pyramid making sure the guy pushes the right tray?

In terms of auditing, I'd imagine most of that goes on before and after filming but it seems a bit fishy not seeing the rest of the envelopes. If this was being filmed in the 21st century it would be a digital pyramid and they could just show us what's behind the rest of the compartments and move on quickly to the next row.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,521 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Advertisement