Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Byrne's Million Euro Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

cofy wrote: »
    I watched it tonight, when did they change the part where three contestants compete for the 10,000, now the other two contestants get 2,000? When this show started the other two contestants got nothing.

The €2,000 prize for the losers has been there since the first show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hey everybody missed the show tonight. How cringe-inducingly awful was Martys banter? I see they're back to meagre prize money as well. Any sign of our friend behind the pyramid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

The Cush wrote: »
    The €2,000 prize for the losers has been there since the first show.

Definitely not, it was advertised that out of three only one would go home with the 10,000, the other two would leave with nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The theme music is more appropriate to Casualty than a game show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

How were those names for next weeks contestants on the screen before he even called them out?

Show isn't done live so they add the names to the screen afterwards.

Same with WS when a no was pulled out. The name and address would appear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The theme music is more appropriate to Casualty than a game show.

0009fe7e-630.jpg

:o:D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

I hope they put those loyal RTÉ One TV viewers out of their misery soon by removing this hugely disappointing show - I do not think it will ever become popular and The National Lottery (albeit under new ownership) will surely not wish to lose what's now left of the goodwill of the Irish public especially after the fiasco of the delayed Lotto Draw recently. Nobody cares if it was within their direct control or part of a wider communications outage across parts of Europe - many customers here in Ireland will be inclined to associate it, rightly or wrongly as just part of the various unpopular changes since the Irish Government sold The National Lottery.

Tonight's episode starts at 7:30 - with a break in the middle for the Lotto - due to something with a certain Mr E Kenny in it at 8:30. :o:o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Think yer on yer own for this one ghg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

It says something for how bad this show is, that we're not even bothered to post about it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm half watching it - its the most listless thing since the Costa Concordia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

OH watching it, I can't, it hurts my brain. Hence, on-line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

This up/down mullarkey. I still don't get the significance. :D

So they've moved on to landmarks now - a Big Ben that looks more like a generic clock tower, and a yellow Statue of Liberty. :rolleyes: ;)

Waaaay too complicated for me! Time to slag off a few friends on facebook. Hope SNS will be decent this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

This really is an awful load of shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I still haven't heard anyone with a good word to say about this programme. It is limping along with all involved knowing it will disappear from the screens as soon as possible.

Even the contestants look like they are waiting for serious Medical Results.

The show is under contract to run for 21 weeks in its current format.

Lapin wrote: »
    The show is under contract to run for 21 weeks in its current format.

And it appears that the earliest point at which that contract can be terminated early is Easter. :o :rolleyes: ;)

Anyway, it's Pathetic Tie Break time once again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I ****ing hate that this exists. I ****ing hate it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

The ****in local parish draw is more exciting than this pile of horse ****e and they only give away a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Fair play to them

There should be a graphic to illustrate how many zeroes are on each level, and the chances of hitting it.

Sometimes it's as if the Producers are trying to keep the rules secret.

If they added another rung to the pyramid to make a potential 10 million euro prize and speeded things up a bit, then it might worth a look.

Actually no.

No it wouldn't really would it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Nick Byrne is some dickhead. I think if you had a better presenteri

Having said that I'm sorry I didn't record it now.

I'd rather watch it over again than this nauseating propaganda rubbish that followed it. :(

So the folks at Montrose decided against spoiling this €100k win... but I don't think it would have made a difference if they had spoiled it. :o:o:o;);)

(That's said without any disrespect intended towards Austin and Paul, BTW. :))

And I notice that the cash amounts are being printed on both halves of the paper now - obviously so Nicky doesn't have to worry about whether or not he's holding it upside down. :D;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

So the folks at Montrose decided against spoiling this €100k win... but I don't think it would have made a difference if they had spoiled it. :o:o:o;);)

(That's said without any disrespect intended towards Austin and Paul, BTW. :))

And I notice that the cash amounts are being printed on both halves of the paper now - obviously so Nicky doesn't have to worry about whether or not he's holding it upside down. :D;)

How much given away in the triangle game?

Lapin wrote: »
    Having said that I'm sorry I didn't record it now.

I'd rather watch it over again than this nauseating propaganda rubbish that followed it. :(

Oh dear, I missed that excellent programme at 8.30, turned over to BBC London for Dad's Army. ;)

This yoke just gets worse. I never ralised what an important part Winning Streak played in my life until now - I am in mourning every Sat night :(.
    PLEASE BRING MARTY BACK.

• Advertisement

In fairness though I think Nicki Byrne does his best to make the most of it. He tries hard - and has actually grown on me a bit, - but it's the show itself which is dull and boring. I feel sorry for him being landed with such a dud show because he has potential to be a good TV presenter.

Advertisement