Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Byrne's Million Euro Challenge

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

inthehat wrote: »
    In fairness though I think Nicki Byrne does his best to make the most of it. He tries hard - and has actually grown on me a bit, - but it's the show itself which is dull and boring. I feel sorry for him being landed with such a dud show because he has potential to be a good TV presenter.

Badly needs stripper down his throat, paint stripper that is. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

On at 7:30 again tonight - this time due to something involving Joan Burton. :rolleyes: ;)

Gits_bone wrote: »
    How much given away in the triangle game?

I know I took a week to reply to this - but €101k. :o;)

Austin and Paul's total winnings were €119k, and the episode gave away €165k in all (including Guess The Digit).

Still a good bit short of the 'Streak, which gives away €200k+ just about every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Just saw an ad for this show.

While Nicky Byrne may have a face for TV, he certainly doesn't have a voice for it.

So they've dropped the opening spiel now.

They're not watching this thread... are they? :eek: :eek: :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭George White

Twins!!!!
    Has Nicky got a new suit at last?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Never seen this before; Im going to judge it as is.

Twins!!!!
    Has Nicky got a new suit at last?

Looks like it. :eek: :D

I don't think he needs to wear a tie, though. Xander and Richard don't wear ties on Pointless, and nor does Bradders on The Chase... :o:D;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Why is the man with the funny hair talking to numbers?

Why is the man with the funny hair talking to numbers?

Reminds me a bit of David Willis on Irish Paint Magic, actually.

"Sit down, Mr Grass, please sit down."
    "Don't kill the darks, they're your friends."

:o:D;)

Hilarious small talk there Nicky.

• Advertisement

Not bad going; 6k for two and one on 5k after one game.

Are you an RTE mole?

:)

The opening game in WS gives away considerably more money... :o;)

And it's musical instruments this week in 'Risky Business'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Byrne seems to have gotten alot more downbeat lately...like all enthusiasm has left him...

Know he feels...watching this too long, and all enthusiasm is leaving me too.
    Still...it's better than what's one Comedy Central right now-I live with models.

I watched the first episode of that...a show so humourless and dated that it left me feeling like a shower.

I hear they record this on Wednesday nights.

Given your positive vibe towards the show, could you explain the significance of them choosing up or down. As I'm still perplexed by it. :(

Given your positive vibe towards the show, could you explain the significance of them choosing up or down. As I'm still perplexed by it. :(

This bit has thrown me?

So the prize progression in 'Crack the Code' is €32k, €16k, €8k, €6k, €5k.

That's a bit strange, is it not? Although I suppose it would be a little too stingy if it was €32k, €16k, €8k, €4k, €2k... :o:D;)

And in 'Risky Business', each team wins at least €6k - they're each spotted €1k in the first round, €2k in the second and €3k in the third, and they lose nothing for an incorrect guess.

As I said a few weeks ago, the end game in Play Your Cards Right was riskier, even when it was only points that were being risked on each card. :o:D;)

No reason why the end game can't be called simply 'The Pyramid', IMO.

Is there some kind of sensor in the floor to open the doors?

• Advertisement

Is there some kind of sensor in the floor to open the doors?

Mary from Make Up double jobs I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭HoratiJoe

I pick 44 Nicky because its the amount of times i've contemplated suicide since this show started

Back-to-back €100k wins, and three in the last four episodes.

The folks at Montrose and Abbey Street will probably be praying for the million to be won now. :rolleyes: :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

So they've dropped the opening spiel now.

They're not watching this thread... are they? :eek: :eek: :o:D

I'm sure this thread has proven invaluable to them - each week something has been tweaked or they've taken out something based on our "constructive criticism". They should actually be paying us for this thread because they obviously spent NO money on market research prior to airing the show.

The folks at Montrose and Abbey Street will probably be praying for the million to be won now. :rolleyes: :D;)

Wasn't paying attention - do they actually tell us how many Zeros are hidden in each of the 6 rows of the pyramid?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Was that the first time someone won a substantial prize?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Was that the first time someone won a substantial prize?

The third. ;)

Halpenny wrote: »
    I'm sure this thread has proven invaluable to them - each week something has been tweaked or they've taken out something based on our "constructive criticism". They should actually be paying us for this thread because they obviously spent NO money on market research prior to airing the show.

Come to think of it, we laughed at Nicky holding the cash amounts from the pyramid upside-down, and they then started printing these amounts on both halves of the paper.

Plus, I slagged off the opening spiel, and they then dropped it...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D:D:D

Wasn't paying attention - do they actually tell us how many Zeros are hidden in each of the 6 rows of the pyramid?

Nicky always says that there are ten zeros on the first level, seven on the second, four on the third, three on the fourth, two on the fifth and one on the sixth. ;)

This has probably been pointed out before, but the chances of finding a zero for each level (ignoring the 'Pyramid Pass') are as follows:

Level 1: 10/13 = 76.92%
    Level 2: 7/11 = 63.64%
    Level 3: 4/9 = 44.44%
    Level 4: 3/7 = 42.86%
    Level 5: 2/5 = 40.00%
    Level 6: 1/3 = 33.33%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I wonder did they sense our dissatisfaction and increase the odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Id be pretty pissed if I was on one of the first couple of shows. They seem to be pandering to the masses now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/nicky-byrne-the-million-euro-challenge-confusing-not-for-me-or-my-kids-31039112.html

"I don't think the show is confusing. I got the games immediately ... I played it with my kids, Rocco and Jay - who are seven - and they got it like that. The games are not skill based."

Nicky Byrne there, implying that anyone who finds the new programme confusing is not as clever as his children.

Winning Streak is not a masterpiece of Television, but you would never ever find Marty Whelan saying something like that.

Advertisement