Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Byrne's Million Euro Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Skid X wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/nicky-byrne-the-million-euro-challenge-confusing-not-for-me-or-my-kids-31039112.html

"I don't think the show is confusing. I got the games immediately ... I played it with my kids, Rocco and Jay - who are seven - and they got it like that. The games are not skill based."

Nicky Byrne there, implying that anyone who finds the new programme confusing is not as clever as his children.

Winning Streak is not a masterpiece of Television, but you would never ever find Marty Whelan saying something like that.

That's because Marty has worked his way up the ladder to where he is now. He didn't just get stuff handed to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

That's because Marty has worked his way up the ladder to where he is now. He didn't just get stuff handed to him.

Its all in the breeding,something NB would know nothing about;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Marty Whelan knows his audience and respects them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭squonk

Marty worked his way up the ladder twice. He was doing fine in RTE in the 80's until he joined Century which shortly afterwards went under and was persona non grata in Montrose for years after. He got his foot back in the door and worked his way back again. Whatever you think of the man, you can't fault him for that kind of work ethic. He certainly knows what life is like on the dole queue I'd say. Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I think it's a case of new lottery management just making changes for the sake of it.

The new machines seem to be worse than the ones they replaced, the new game show is definitely worse.

They'll see declining ticket sales because of both of these issues. Removing the ticket checking facilities was a very strange move and is bad for retailers too as many people used to come in too check tickets then buy something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭squonk

I didn't realise they'd removed ticket checks! They probably want everyone to use the website now which is grand but it just looks like the whole thing has been taken over by a bunch of Social Media hipsters who are obsessed with online while forgetting that their customer is actually Mary, age 66 who buys a ticket on pension day and gets a few scratchcards for the daughter and the grandchildren when it's their birthday. A customer like that wouldn't know how to find and use the ticket check on the site and, anyway, likes popping into the shop to check her ticket and have a chat while she's at it. Stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

squonk wrote: »
    I didn't realise they'd removed ticket checks!

They didn't remove them but were still linked to the old system until 90 days after the old yellow ticket expired at the end of Feb. The lottery have said the ticket checkers will come online in the coming weeks with the new system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I didn't realise they'd removed ticket checks! They probably want everyone to use the website now which is grand but it just looks like the whole thing has been taken over by a bunch of Social Media hipsters who are obsessed with online while forgetting that their customer is actually Mary, age 66 who buys a ticket on pension day and gets a few scratchcards for the daughter and the grandchildren when it's their birthday. A customer like that wouldn't know how to find and use the ticket check on the site and, anyway, likes popping into the shop to check her ticket and have a chat while she's at it. Stupid!

The website does not work properly. "New Notifications" appears in the box on the top right hand side of the screen. When you click on that it gives you an error notice and says that you have been logged out. This has been there since the new owners took over. They don't seem to be even trying to fix the problems with the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

It says a lot about the state if Irish TV when 2 former boy band stars are involved in 2 high profile shows on RTE1 at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

On at 7:30 for the third consecutive week - thanks this time to Gerry Adams. :o:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Oh no, not again tonight. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Hit the nail on the head, some Canadian hipsters sitting in a starbucks with mocha whatever came up with these ideas.
    Don't understand the culture of Ireland and never will.

Tell us about your Pavlova.

Oh dear, it can only go down hill from here. :(

Are people still watching this? I cannot even hate watch this now. It's just so depressing.

So now it's, um, items used for making a cup of tea... :o:D;)

While the clapping from the audience is real, I can't help but wonder if the cheering is canned... :o:D;)

That cheering is definitely canned...they never go to the audience when it happens, usually by the halfway point the audience are bored silly.

Maria and Mícheál are going through to the Pyramid anyway, aren't they? They're comfortably ahead of the others, and they're obviously going to match either the teapot or the teacup...

Also, Mícheál has barely uttered a word up to now. :D;)

Well, it's the first time the 'Pyramid Pass' hasn't been required at any of the first three levels...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Is it my imagination or is there somebody clearly visible behind the pyramid?

• Advertisement

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or is there somebody clearly visible behind the pyramid?

It's not your imagination at all. ;)

Another night rigged so they win 100K.

Note to RTE, it doesn't make it any less painful to watch.

So it's a hat-trick of €100k wins.

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT WEEK???

:o:o:D:D;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

It's not your imagination at all. ;)

Go back through this thread and read post number 600.:(

cold case wrote: »
    Go back through this thread and read post number 600.:(

Why the sad smiley?

Le_Dooner just wasn't sure whether or not there was someone behind the pyramid pushing the drawers out, and so I told him that there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Why the sad smiley?

Le_Dooner just wasn't sure whether or not there was someone behind the pyramid pushing the drawers out, and so I told him that there was.

Sorry ghg, the sad smiley was not meant for you, it was because of the scenario of the guy behind the pyramid having access to the drawers!!

I also highlighted the wrong post to reply to, I should have quoted post number 741!

Apologies, Go Harvey Go

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

So it's a hat-trick of €100k wins.

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT WEEK???

:o:o:D:D;);)

Boring! It's getting too predictable now with 3 weeks of €100k. I think they should shake it up a bit and have them win €1000 or even €100 in the pyramid. I'd watch the replay on Sunday just to see that!

The episode count reaches double figures at 8:40 tonight - no speeches by those pesky politicians this time. :o:D;)

In the meantime, here are a few things that Dermot Griffin had to say to the Indo on Tuesday. (Also includes a picture that confirms, once and for all, that a Million Euro Challenge team's winnings are not split - they go only to the team member whose name was on the ticket. :rolleyes:)

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/new-lottery-system-was-an-enormous-undertaking-but-its-an-exciting-time-31056912.html

The opening spiel's back. WHY??!?!?!?!? :confused::confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh no, here we go again...:(

Advertisement