Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Byrne's Million Euro Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could you sell your spot on the show on Ebay or do you actually have to appear/get a friend to appear on your behalf?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

The Titanic. How apt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

A welcome return for the modes of transport this week. :o:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What does the computer look like, are they male or female?

"Let's reveal what's behind that arrow... after the break."

They really don't have to do this every week.

• Advertisement

I've said this several times before - but I really, really don't understand why the end game has to have the same name as the programme, when it (the end game) could very simply be called 'The Pyramid'. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

Just watching the show with my dad - hes saying his barber must have got diahorrea before he got to the top of Nicky's hair :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

WHY THE FKKKKK DOES HE HAVE TO HAVE "a peek"???????/ It adds nothing to an already ridiculous format!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh Jesus, this was not looking good at the penultimate round. Imagine only winning an extra €1k to add to your winnings to win just €5k for a final total. :(

That would be some torture I tell ya.

Oh Jesus, this was not looking good at the penultimate round. Imagine only winning an extra €1k to add to your winnings to win just €5k for a final total. :(

I would take the torture of 5 grand to be honest.....

• Advertisement

WHY THE FKKKKK DOES HE HAVE TO HAVE "a peek"???????/ It adds nothing to an already ridiculous format!

Can't disagree - if it's an attempt at creating tension, it's a pretty pathetic one. :o:o;)

€2k or €3k wouldn't have been much better.

€10k, on the other hand, would have given them €1k more than what the zero gave them - just as it gave Patrick and Ollie €1k more last week.

But still the wait for a million goes on... *yawn*

If it hasn't been won when the series ends, then it's quite likely that RTE and the National Lottery will commission a second series there and then - if they haven't already done so, and to hell with the viewing figures and the critical response. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

(Assuming, of course, that a million euro is not offered on Winning Streak when it returns.)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Quite a 'challenge' to stay awake during this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I've said this several times before - but I really, really don't understand why the end game has to have the same name as the programme, when it (the end game) could very simply be called 'The Pyramid'. :o:o

Doesn't the name "the pyramid " have conutations of a ponzie scheme,or sone kind of fix :eek:".........oh wait ! :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I always thought he said, "...have a pee". Must get my ears syringed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭squonk

Isn't it due to finish soon? Pleas god tell me it's due to finish soon? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

squonk wrote: »

I honestly thought it was gone. Can't believe this **** is still on the telly. RTE and the Nat. Lottery have no shame,and as for Nicky B:eek:

squonk wrote: »
    I honestly thought it was gone. Can't believe this **** is still on the telly. RTE and the Nat. Lottery have no shame,and as for Nicky B:eek:

It'll finish at the end of May.

But at this point in time, that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll finish forever - especially if the million isn't won by then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭George White

It's so awful and such a waste.

It'll finish at the end of May.

But at this point in time, that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll finish forever - especially if the million isn't won by then...

Why do you think they are so obsessed with giving away a million? I have seen many people make this remark here?

Why do you think they are so obsessed with giving away a million? I have seen many people make this remark here?

They tried to give away a million on Winning Streak between January and May 2014.

winningstreakjan14.jpg

When that failed, they decided to try again between September and December 2014.

winningstreak_aug14.jpg

And when that failed... :o :rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭George White

Why don't they just split the money'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

Why don't they just split the money'?

Why have a second person at all? they serve no purpose other then filler to hide the fact they reduced the number of contestants from 5 to 3. There's zero skill involved that a second player can "help" with.I don't see how they deserve any money. In any case most will share the winnings.

doc11 wrote: »
    Why have a second person at all? they serve no purpose other then filler to hide the fact they reduced the number of contestants from 5 to 3. There's zero skill involved that a second player can "help" with.I don't see how they deserve any money. In any case most will share the winnings.

Perhaps more importantly, why treat the second contestants as fully-fledged team-mates when they're only supposed to be mere helpers? :rolleyes:

Rumours abound that RTE are in negotiations to sell the game format to international TV networks.

The Outer Mongolian State broadcaster has offered a mountain goat, in the autumn of his years and a fancy straw hat.

RTE executives are holding out though. Its thought they'll seal the deal if they can get a fake moustache................

Rumours abound that RTE are in negotiations to sell the game format to international TV networks.

The Outer Mongolian State broadcaster has offered a mountain goat, in the autumn of his years and a fancy straw hat.

RTE executives are holding out though. Its thought they'll seal the deal if they can get a fake moustache................

A million tugriks is only equivalent to about €470, though - so the Mongolians would probably have to call their version the Billion Tugrik Challenge, or even the Trillion Tugrik Challenge. :o:D;)

They tried to give away a million on Winning Streak between January and May 2014.

winningstreakjan14.jpg

When that failed, they decided to try again between September and December 2014.

winningstreak_aug14.jpg

And when that failed... :o :rolleyes: ;)

But that doesn't mean they are desperate to give away the money? Just a marketing ploy for more sales, no? I could be wrong though but i don't get the logic of such an agenda! It is a private ran lottery nowadays, remember?

But that doesn't mean they are desperate to give away the money? Just a marketing ploy for more sales, no? I could be wrong though but i don't get the logic of such an agenda! It is a private ran lottery nowadays, remember?

It does come across as desperation, though, when they've been trying for over a year (forget the three-month break for Money Spinner).

And the change of ownership hasn't meant big changes in the staff - as evidenced by the fact that Dermot Griffin is still the chief executive.

It does come across as desperation, though, when they've been trying for over a year (forget the three-month break for Money Spinner).

And the change of ownership hasn't meant big changes in the staff - as evidenced by the fact that Dermot Griffin is still the chief executive.

But, why would they be desperate to give a million away? That is my question to you? I don't see the logic?

They are desperate to make people think a million could be won.

But the quality is non-existant. An embarrassment.

• Advertisement

But, why would they be desperate to give a million away? That is my question to you? I don't see the logic?

Well, if they're not desperate at all, then they're unintentionally doing a good job coming across as being desperate. :o:o:o;)

Advertisement