Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Irish / Gaeilge HL ... predictions, guesses, discussion ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Anyone doing A Thig ná Tit Orm? What do you think they'll ask? Hope it's broad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bmea

Is knowing an gnathrud and geibhean enough? Really can't see myself having time to do anymore with p1,maths and bio to study for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

well, if any of the 4 other pros come up,
    or any of the 4 other poems come up,
    i don't think you need anyone to tell you you're up sh*t creek without a paddle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

My teacher is predicting a question on greann, that's all I'm learning...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jgirl18

Yea I'm doing it. I just learned some funny stories such as eggs, smoking at 12, ceilis and trying to climb up and into Eibhlins window. That would cover a question on summer 1958 and the cleasanna. Also learned some stuff on family life like the illegal salmon fishing and the radio and his ceardscoil. What do you think?

For pros I really only have looked at caca milis and gnathrud. Don't think I've time to look at dis now. Hope everyone has given up for the night.
    Fiona G wrote: »
    My teacher is predicting a question on greann, that's all I'm learning...

Yea the past questions have generally been about that and just discuss but I think its best to know as well that the family were close despite having no money.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 liverpool1997

Níl mórán I mbéal an phobail le cúpla blain anuas ná rás na bpointí agus an coras oideachais. Is iomaí gearán a chloistear faoin gcóras dhá-shraith atá again sa tír seo.

Gan aon dabht is í córas na bpointí an córas is cothraine agus is fairealta sa tír seo. Solaíthair an córas do gach aon duine mar tá rogha faorleathan ag daltaí inniú sna hábhair a dhéanann said. Tá córas na bpointí fairealta go gach duine mar níl aithne ag an duine atá ag marceáil na scrúdpháipear ar an dalta. Ceapann daoine áirithe go mbbeadh measúchán leanúnach I bhfad níos fearr ach mura mbeadh measúchán leanúnach I bhfeidhm sna scoileanna beadh na muinteoirí ag marceáil na scrúdpháipear agus b’fheidir nach machnamh an grad an dalta de bharr thuaraim atá ag an muinteoir. Sa chóras atá again tá an chuid ghrádanna de na daltaí ag braith ar an chuid staidear a dhéanann said agus an chuhid iarracht a chuireann said isteach sa staidéar.

An bhfuil córas dhá shraith again sa tír seo? Ta sé fíor a rá nach bhfaigheann gach dalta na seansanna chéanna sa tír seo. Téann na páistí mean aicmeach as clainne saibhre chuig réamhscoilaíocht ó aois trí bliana d’aois. Ní faigheann na páistí ón isle aicme na seansanna chéanna ós rud é go bhfuil easpa airgiod ag a dtuissmitheoirí b’fheidir nó fadhbanna sóisialta acu cosúil le drugaí, alcól nó dífhostaíocht. Tá ar an rialtais chun dul I ngleic leis an bhfadhb mór seo.

Cloistear díospóireachtaí go minic faoin Gaeilge sna scoileanna. Ceapann Enda Kenny nach bhfuil an Gaeilge tábhachtachagus mar sin ba mhaith leis nach mbeadh an Gaeilge riachtanach sna scoileanna. Ní aontaím leis sin ar chor ar bith toisc go bhfuil stádas oifigiúl ag an nGaeilge ón céad lá d’Eanair 2007. Ba cheart go mbeadh sé aired de réir tosaíochta an rialtos modhanna múinte nua a chur I bhfeidhm sna scoileanna, go háirithe na bunscoileanna. Is í an Ghaeilge ár dteanga náisiunta agus ba chóir do gach dalta í a dhéanamh. Níl sé riachtanach do dhaoine as tíorthe eile nó daoine a bhfuil dyslexia orthu mar go han mhinic bhí teanga allúrach ag teastáil chun áit a fháil san ollscoil. Mar sin bhí na hábhair cosúil le francais i bhfad níos tábhachtaí más maith leo freastail ar an Ollscoil. Ach ós rud é go bhfuil stádas oifigiúl ag an nGaeilge anois ceapaim go bhfuil sé tábhachtach gach dalta í a dhéanamh sa scoil mar i ndairíre is tír gan teanga tír gan anam.

Cloistear gearáin go bhfuil brú brú agus a thuilleadh brú ar dhaltaí inniú chun na grádanna a fháil san Ardteist. Is fíor a rá go bhfuil na pointí ró-ard do chursaí cosúil le leigheas. Ach ar an taobh eile beidh i bhfad níos mó brú ar dhaoine nuair a bheidh post freagrach acu. Ceapann an rialtos go bhfuil an Ardteist ag ullmhú daltaí chun dealáil leis an mbrú a bheidh orthu sa saol níos déanaí. An bhfuil sé fíor a rá? Níl a fhois agam ach is maith an scéalaí an aimsir.

Le deireadh tá athraithe beaga ag taisteáil sa chóras oideachais ach go hiomlánna is córas fairealta í atá cothrann do gah aon duine. Le cúnamh Dé i gceann cúpla blain beidh na pointí níos isle sgus nach mbeadh an ionaí bru ar daltaí ach mar a dúirt mé cheanna is maith an scéalaí an aimsir.

Kind of worried as to the questions they could ask for caca milis. Like I would really hate to be faced with a question about society and the way some people treat the disabled. Would have a fiddlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Anyone think a question on a negative mood come up for SCEAL?

This story fits depression, sadness etc

I really an ****ed for the aiste part :(

Kind of worried as to the questions they could ask for caca milis. Like I would really hate to be faced with a question about society and the way some people treat the disabled. Would have a fiddlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

Anyone doing Tóraíocht? I'd really love some predictions :(

Also, how long should we be writing for each question? Like the poetry, pros and litriocht breise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

bmea wrote: »
    Is knowing an gnathrud and geibhean enough? Really can't see myself having time to do anymore with p1,maths and bio to study for

It really isn't to be honest, you are literally putting all yours eggs in the one basket.

Try and know the plot at least for the other stories. You won't get all the marks for saying the plot but you will get some.

For the ol poem , it is given to you on the page. Try and use a line as a quote and make an educated explanation of it.

If you aren't going to learn the pros and poetry then you will need to maximize your point in the 2 comprehensions.
    The listening is an easy place to pick up marks too..

A big problem in languages is people not answering the question they are asked. They can't give you marks for answering a question not on the paper..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Is it ok if i just learn education system and problems of people today?

Id say ill be fine !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lc1569

Does Anyone else think it could be mo ghra sa? And one that hasn't come up, I have a feeling about it, but after English mayb it will just be 2 of the four that haven't come up? Hard to tell but I have no time to study more than 4 of them realistically so have to start eliminating a few

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Is it ok if i just learn education system and problems of people today?
    We don't know!
    Id say ill be fine !!
    Oh, wait, you answered yourself! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 T123

Is it risky to learn one general essay on daoine oga and tie in different problems? If anyone would have an essay like this could you please send one on to me!

Can anyone help with this? I'm trying to say she was the victim of verbal bullying, is this right??

Ba iompartach o mhulaiocht o bheal ar feadh I bhfad i.?? Doesn't seem right?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DaveMc90

Any one tell me what the difference in how you would write a speech to a debate in Irish? And how to start it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 albeex

**IRISH HIGHER LEVEL 2015**

colscaradh or, geibheann
    an gnathrud or, caca milis

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

DaveMc90 wrote: »
    Any one tell me what the difference in how you would write a speech to a debate in Irish? And how to start it?

ive already stuck up a sample, go back a few pages

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DaveMc90

RoRo979 wrote: »
    ive already stuck up a sample, go back a few pages

How far back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

What do people think about the possibility of a Gaeilge essay? The language is dying etc

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Help1997

Does anyone have an essay on water charges or homeless that I can have a look at? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mary__

Just wondering what essays people are learning?
    And do you think I will be covered if I learn homelessness, media, education and the health system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amyy97

Hi does anybody have an essay on media? No notes at all on it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

I'm covering water charges, education, old people, sport and social problems for young people! Hopefully that should cover me.

Anyone else ****ting it for the listening? I sit at the very back of the room so I'm worried I won't be able to hear the tape too well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

Someone tell me is it seomraí éigeandàil or seomraí éigindàla

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Casio123

Only learning a general aiste for paper one? Is this too risky?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 spottyapples

For the Aiste I've covered;
    - Old people,
    -young people (general paragraphs on health, sport, drugs and alcohol, the media, and school)
    And -technology,
    Do you think I've enough or should I prepare on on the education system and people are saying water charges but how are you suppose to write a full essay on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Someone tell me is it seomraí éigeandàil or seomraí éigindàla

seomraí éigeandálaí - emergency rooms

seomra éigeandála - emergency room
    jgirl18 wrote: »
    Can anyone help with this? I'm trying to say she was the victim of verbal bullying, is this right??

Ba iompartach o mhulaiocht o bheal ar feadh I bhfad i.?? Doesn't seem right?

Here's one way one translating it.

Bhí sí ina híobartach mar fuair sí bulaíocht ó bhéal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 MegLC

Does anyone feel like Seandaoine will be there? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement