Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Irish / Gaeilge HL ... predictions, guesses, discussion ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anniemm12

Is there anyone not learning the dramatic techniques for 'An Triail'? I have learnt a question on how Maire is treated by her family and how she is isolated by society, will that do??

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

does anyone think they won't just bring up cáca milis, an gnáthrud, géibheann and colscaradh? What about mo ghrá da and hurlamaboc or even more recent dís, oisín I dtír na nóg, an spailpín fánach officials an tearrach thiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jessica treacy 2015

these havnt been up in a while they're high probability!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

these havnt been up in a while they're high probability!

Yeah but what about the two that came up in 2013 or the two from 2014?

i meant crime, comment is misplaced sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Lenin_Lives

Anyone else think that something on equality or human rights will rights will come up following the marriage equality referendum?

yes. and young peoples problems was on 2014, i wouldnt learn that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 spottyapples

Anyone else think that something on equality or human rights will rights will come up following the marriage equality referendum?

I doubt it tbh, papers were set way before the mocks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lenin_Lives

I see, well I'll hope for the best. Anyone have predictions on story titles coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SB22

I have Crime, Old People and the Education System. I have others written just not revised properly, but what else would I need to know to be able to manipulate most questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 hannahdfghjkl

Why is homelessness likely? Or is it?

I have seandaoine and coras oideachais so I think I'll do the environment too. Do I have enough, help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Broseph wrote: »
    does anyone think they won't just bring up cáca milis, an gnáthrud, géibheann and colscaradh? What about mo ghrá da and hurlamaboc or even more recent dís, oisín I dtír na nóg, an spailpín fánach officials an tearrach thiar?

yeah I think so

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

So I managed to pick up 68% in my essay in the mocks. I'd be chuffed with the same result as I got a B3 overall and I'm sure my oral will be able to drag me up. However I had little notes done as I knew the essay title beforehand would be seandaoine. What is the standard of gaeilge needed as everyone else is learning off essays to compete with the Gaeltacht people and I'm just relying on my own couple of phrases. And does anyone have any useful phrases that might bump it up from a C? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ScealPls

Does anyone have any idea of the possibilities of what could come up for the sceal emotions (eg Brod,Dioma etc) or even have a list of emotions i could learn as i feel as if i wont understand what the word means on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eimear97

Duine Óig fits into, at least one essay title ! You can twist it in someway ! It's your safest bet if your struggling to learn essays !

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Any chance somebody could throw up an opening and closing for a speech?

It would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I have not studied one bit. I'm going to need to cram tonight.

The exam paper says the aiste should be 500-600 pages, I have a 2a4 aiste that's 670 words
    Will it look too short to an examiner?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

If it's 600 pages I'd cut down on it a bit :p:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JimLarkin101

ScealPls wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea of the possibilities of what could come up for the sceal emotions (eg Brod,Dioma etc) or even have a list of emotions i could learn as i feel as if i wont understand what the word means on the paper.

from looking at the pattern it seems to alternate from a positive emotion such as "sonas" to a negative one, such as "imní" each year. But things can change eh ? ;)

Can you add a bit of humor to the aiste? I'm a fluent in the ould Geailge but tbh i haven't really practiced these. Every sample one I read is boring as hell! If you're discussing the oideachas, can you add in how you've few chuckles from in school and give an anecdote or is it all formal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 raynbow

As I don't think it has been mentioned already, (I searched the thread) I have heard that the author of Seal i Neipeal was involved in a scandal at some point in the last year? Basically I've heard a lot of people say they doubt that Seal or Gnáthrud by default, will come up this year so that the SEC will avoid any embarrassment, but please don't take my word, this is just incase anyone is looking to prioritise what to learn! :)

Stooped wrote: »
    If it's 600 pages I'd cut down on it a bit :p:

Worst typo ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

If my essay is 480 words will I lose marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

If my essay is 480 words will I lose marks?

depends on the examiner, but possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

raynbow wrote: »
    As I don't think it has been mentioned already, (I searched the thread) I have heard that the author of Seal i Neipeal was involved in a scandal at some point in the last year? Basically I've heard a lot of people say they doubt that Seal or Gnáthrud by default, will come up this year so that the SEC will avoid any embarrassment, but please don't take my word, this is just incase anyone is looking to prioritise what to learn! :)

No that was a good few years back- in 2007, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭KatieG6

Does anyone know what this title means??
    'Sciúirsí ar línne'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

KatieG6 wrote: »
    'Sciúirsí ar línne'

scourges of our time

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

KatieG6 wrote: »
    'Sciúirsí ar línne'
    There is no fada in the ar so could be scourges online

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lyinghere

Stupid question , external candidate here.

When can I start writing on my script ? As soon as the tape starts playing ?

• Advertisement

lyinghere wrote: »
    Stupid question , external candidate here.

When can I start writing on my script ? As soon as the tape starts playing ?

After you hear the aul spiel of leigh anois go curamach...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement