Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Irish / Gaeilge HL ... predictions, guesses, discussion ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ConM96

For anyone worried about the length of the essays and competing against the Gaeltacht areas, don't worry. For the essays the main thing the examiners look at is the standard of your Irish not the length of it. The guideline says 300-600 words but you WONT be penalised if you go over. I always write 4 A4 pages with about 10-13 words per line so my essays were always at least 1200 -1400 words. Also as for competing against the Gaeltacht regions, only so many people can get As and if your Irish standard is good enough you will get one. I live nowhere near a Gaeltacht and managed an A so I'm sure ye all can too. Best of luck😄

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Help1997

Such a good paper 1 .. Let's hope gnathrud and géibheann and caoineadh art comes up in paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭KatieG6

Due to P1 being so nice it kind of worries me what will be on P2, let's pray An Gnáthrud/Cáca Milis and Geibheann/Colscaradh comes up :O

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cab15

I think its gonna be one prós or poetry thats already come up aahhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bmea

How much are people writing tomorrow? Is a page on each section too little?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 m.xvii

I honestly think because paper 1 was fine they'll repeat the first two prós/poems ever to come up on this course

• Registered Users Posts: 10 m.xvii

bmea wrote: »
    How much are people writing tomorrow? Is a page on each section too little?

Well our teacher told us to write 3 pages for the 30 markers and 4 for the 40 markers, but that seems excessive. I'm going to do like 2 pages on all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hannahdfghjkl

Does anybody attend a grind school or have friends in one and have hints or predictions from the teachers there. They seem to be right a lot of the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hon the Dubs

Does anybody attend a grind school or have friends in one and have hints or predictions from the teachers there. They seem to be right a lot of the time. :)

Friend goes to institute and apparently they were told it WILL be one of the poems and prós that hasn't come up...
    Take with that what you will...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Yeah I'm quite convinced that An tEarrach Thiar and either An Gnathrud or Caca Milis will come up. This is one of the harder things to predict in the leaving cert I think though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And they make sure to trumpet it when they are, and say SFA when they aren't ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tet2015

I just have a strong feeling that it's too early for them to start repeating poems and proses when they haven't analyzed them all. I'm going to stick with Gnathrud, Cáca Milis, Geibheann and Colscaradh. If I'm unfortunate that the they do repeat, then I'll just be forced into winging it with what I learned. But I strongly doubt it. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hon the Dubs

Tet2015 wrote: »
    I just have a strong feeling that it's too early for them to start repeating poems and proses when they haven't analyzed them all. I'm going to stick with Gnathrud, Cáca Milis, Geibheann and Colscaradh. If I'm unfortunate that the they do repeat, then I'll just be forced into winging it with what I learned. But I strongly doubt it. We'll see.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily too early as after this year there's only one more year of these set, but still i hope your right...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Ag_science2015

going doing caca milis,colscaradh,geibheann and gnathrud. what would you suggest to learn for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lc2015123

What are people learning for gnathrud?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 EmilyJane2812

Lc2015123 wrote: »
    What are people learning for gnathrud?

An Gnathrud:
    I'm going to learn the troubles in Belfast (this fits under theme)
    Jimmy
    The críoch an sceal maybe as it was on my pre

Caca Milis:
    The relationship between Catherine and Paul
    Have a look over the cinematic techniques

Can someone tell me what I should learn for Colscaradh and An Triail?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bmea

An Gnathrud:
    I'm going to learn the troubles in Belfast (this fits under theme)
    Jimmy
    The críoch an sceal maybe as it was on my pre

Caca Milis:
    The relationship between Catherine and Paul
    Have a look over the cinematic techniques

Can someone tell me what I should learn for Colscaradh and An Triail?

for an triail maybe the influence of the society i.e. the catholic church

I'd be so annoyed if Bean Ui Chinsealaigh or Maili come up for An Trial. I just lost complete interest in it by the time they arrived in the play.

I think a theme question looks likely for An Triail. My two favourite questions came up the last two years annoyingly. Something like dramatic techniques (2010) or maybe the vices of relationships (also 2010), or Ireland in the sixties, general topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ftgejtc

Has anyone any notes of the effects of the camera shots for caca milis?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

ftgejtc wrote: »
    Has anyone any notes of the effects of the camera shots for caca milis?

Just say the close ups (gar-amharc) put emphasis (béim) on things. Like if it's Paul's personality it emphasises how annoying he is when we see his mouth, if it's Catherine the close up of the eyes show malice (mailís) or just that he annoys her. Don't have any proper printed notes on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

Chances of Oisín I dTít Na Nóg coming up?

Think I'm covered for the rest of them but don't know that at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 k88

Sorry if it's already been asked, ain't nobody got time for scrolling...Just wondering the recommended time for answer each section tomorrow? I was just thinking and my teacher's never mentioned it once.
    Also on average how long are people's answers for the poem/prós/novel?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

For comprehension grammar terms can somebody explain these:

An Aidiacht shealbhach
    Ceimeanna comparaide na haidiachta
    An forainm reamhfhoclach

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

We're not expected to know the author's lives for any of the pros, are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Aidiacht Shealbhach is possessive ie. mo chota, do chota, bhur gcota, ar gcota etc
    Ceimeanna Comparaide is beag, nios lu, is lu etc, steps of comparison, big, bigger, biggest.
    An Forainm Reamhfhoclach is when you put a reamhfhocal such as le, ar, ag, as etc with a forainm ie me, se, tu etc. Therefore it's liom, leat, leis, lei etc or agat, astu, oraibh, againn, fuinn, romham etc.
    Sorry about the lack of fada's but my computer is retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Okay I know the Modh C, Briathar S(AC,AL,AF) Ginideach Iolra and Uatha
    What else can be asked in that Q6 A?

Okay I know the Modh C, Briathar S(AC,AL,AF) Ginideach Iolra and Uatha
    What else can be asked in that Q6 A?

Just one or two things I found going through all papers, apart from the ones already mentioned from a few posts back:

Ainm briathar: Ag rá
    Ainmfhocal: noun (sorry if that's incredibly obvious lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Just one or two things I found going through all papers, apart from the ones already mentioned from a few posts back:

Ainm briathar: Ag rá
    Ainmfhocal: noun (sorry if that's incredibly obvious lol)

Wouldn't be posting on this thread if I didn't know what an ainmfhocal was :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 spottyapples

What are people covering for An Triail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 jgirl18

What are the thoughts on the poetry tomorrow? I'm more worried about that than anything else. Don't like the technical style type questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement