Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Irish / Gaeilge HL ... predictions, guesses, discussion ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

My teacher advised us not to learn off essays and to just have a introduction and conclusion learnt off. Then we learnt key phrases and expressions and just paragraphs on a wide range of issues. Reproducing a learnt off essay won't let you score high! Its all about dealing with the question.

thats all dependant on how much essays you have learned off ;);) i have 5 essays done in full, 1 paragraphs on 3 other topics. Title comes up i dont have done, just take a paragraph mix the essays i learnt together. Unefficient use of time but will get me there

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Laura986

I honestly feel I'm half screwing myself over going into Irish.. I've chosen to focus on Geibheann and Colscardh, and glanced over the other 3 that have been up. Why are people predicting An tEarrach Thiar though?

Then for the extra pros or poetry, is anyone just focusing on Caoineadh and Colmain? My teacher only gave us those two cos they haven't been up.. was gonna do An Triail but questions seem so broad like you could be asked anything?
    Any helping words to give?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jgirl18

I'm not doing the extra poetry and pros but I guess because they know we know Geibhean and Colscaradh haven't been examined under new structure yet. The revision course teacher I had also hinted at it an rEattach But I think I'll look over Mo Gra Sa quickly too. Colscaradh is actually totally fine when you get in on it. I'm more worried about the essays. I don't know why everyone is saying Seandaoine. Might just try learn off some political stuff to throw in if I get stuck. Sport I think should come up in some way. Obesity in Ireland getting worse according to stats.

jgirl18 wrote: »
    I'm not doing the extra poetry and pros but I guess because they know we know Geibhean and Colscaradh haven't been examined under new structure yet. The revision course teacher I had also hinted at it an rEattach But I think I'll look over Mo Gra Sa quickly too. Colscaradh is actually totally fine when you get in on it. I'm more worried about the essays. I don't know why everyone is saying Seandaoine. Might just try learn off some political stuff to throw in if I get stuck. Sport I think should come up in some way. Obesity in Ireland getting worse according to stats.

I wouldn't worry about the essays, I duno why everyone is. I think its crazy learning off eassys cos what happens when ya forget one word? You blank and can't move on after starting what you're saying yano? I'm planning on doing the debate, I think sport, education or media will come up.
    Our teacher did seandaoine with us but I'm not covering it or any topic in huge depth as they all interlink. I'd say I know it the least and I'm not worried. I made out sheets on essays etc with each topic and I have sub headings then where I can bring in each topic. With them and my diospoireacht beginning and end paragraphs I manage to get around 4/4.5 pages. I'm not going for an A and I dont get As in my essays i get Bs and its simple Irish that's getting them Bs for me cos I'm not trying anything hard.

Our teacher chose instead of doing a load of stuff on politics, that if politics comes up and we feel we have to do it, we twist it in a way that say for example "students have a huge interest in politics these days" I'll disagree and say I think they have more interest in sport, music, education and health! Do stuff like that! :)

For seandaoine talk about how young people help them in terms of technology if you've covered that or even expand on how elderly people help themselves with meals on wheels or active age groups etc

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

I think extra poems are more likely to be one of the 2 than the main poetry and prose. I dont get this whole, oh he hinted thing, unless there is some corruption in the SEC and people are leaking the papers then noone really knows. I can see why people predict the essays but poetry and prose just stick with what you feel is coming up, for me thats the 2 that hasnt came up.

• Advertisement

So you're focusing on what hasn't been up for just the extra poems or for the prescribed poems and prose also?

I feel like I did a **** oral so I'm trying to learn off essays so ill hopefully get a good mark but I see what you mean. If you get a brain freeze you're screwed. The mind maps are the way to go straight away before launching into the essays. Yea if there's an essay on the media you Could talk about social media.

I feel like I did a **** oral so I'm trying to learn off essays so ill hopefully get a good mark but I see what you mean. If you get a brain freeze you're screwed. The mind maps are the way to go straight away before launching into the essays. Yea if there's an essay on the media you Could talk about social media.

Had the examiner in mine and i was a mess before so that didnt help lol! Oh yeah i always hated plans but i need to do them for irish! With media you can do that if ya know that yeah but god i duno about myself haha couldn't do that! I'd stick to celebrities and sport stars and the influence they in the media have on young people, or bring in health and say how that is perceived in be media etc an sports in he media, music etc! I think its great with Irish essays cos you can really bring in every topic as long as you relate back to be question at the end of each paragraph, its like purpose in English!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

I've had endless debates with my Irish teacher about this haha

I reckon it'll be one that has come up and one that hasn't, mind you I'd love Geibheann and Caca Milis, I'd say An tEarrach Thiar and Caca Milis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moyo

I haven't started studying for Irish because I haven't got time but on the weekend before it I'm planning on studying colscaradh, geibheann, caca milis, gnáthrud, an trial characters and summaries and sceimhlitheoireacht essay... I hate myself for leaving it all last minute haha, I'm hoping to be ok with just sceimhlitheoireacht and already briefly know education and young people problems.. Praying I'll be ok. Does anyone have any general opening and closing paragraphs that they could post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 2015LC1

How long ideally should the aiste be in Irish? I know about 500-600 words but I never count my words :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kate66

Prós And Poetry Predictions? Literally Not Able Study Them All :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mahnoor12383

oktplz wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm currently freaking out over An Triail. I had so much other work to do I kept pushing it to the back, and now the Leaving Certs nearly here and I haven't touched on it since the mocks
    I was just wondering if anyone could break down what I need to know for it, i.e in terms of characters, themes, etc. or is their a certain answer I can learn and apply to everything?
    Also, what's everyone predicting/hoping to come up?

Thanks guys!

I learnt off an answer about fimineachas and an tsochai during the 1960's including about how maire's family let he drown due to embarrassment etc in which i covered their characters and then talked about the women in the "teach loistin" ,bean ui chinsealaigh.patrick and how he's an asshole etc.. and in the end how maili was her only friend.I think thats a nice broad answer and u can twist it. Im so happy i scored well in it in my mocks! :) I just hope something nice comes up and nothing too specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Jeez, you are doing the leaving and can't even spell 'prose'. Is this a wind up?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Threads merged.
    Jeez, you are doing the leaving and can't even spell 'prose'. Is this a wind up?

No, it's Irish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nualaconnolly

Anyone have any idea what could be asked on Irish Paper 2 HL for An Triail?

Yep time is running out, are we safe in only studying a few prose? I have no time to study more than 2 prose and 3 poetry. I'm hoping questions will be nice on poetry. I have a feeling after studying the poetry Colscaradh seems to easy to be examined. We would be lucky to get it and Gnathrud not as bad as caca milis.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

hey guys, i wish you all the best in the lc xo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

ive heard it off a reliable source.

There's no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mountaingoat97

There's no such thing.

We will see my friend. The only thing I'm doing is homeless and ive read multiple articles on the lucina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The only way a source can be "reliable" is if they've seen the paper.

There are very few people who have, and if any of them are blabbing to you or anyone else, the SEC will be looking for them with a view to prosecution.

poetry:
    geibheann or colscaradh, dont waste your time studying anything else.

pros:
    an lasaair coille (caca millis if thats what you do) or gnathrud again dont waste your time doing anything else.

other poetry:
    caaoinead airt or colmaain, nothing else and put extra emphisis on caoineadh
    also know meadearacht(meter(rhyming scheme)) for caoinedh. its the onlyy poem with a rhyming scheme this year and people always mess it up every year.

aiste:
    problems in ireland
    young people
    homeless
    things that annooy me (again)

comprehension:
    word on the street is that one comprhension will be on the Lucina (ship).

pretty confident on all of these ive heard it off a reliable source.

You mentioned Lasaire Choile (caca milis if that's what you do) isn't lasaire choille separate pros???? I know Caca and Gnathrud I really don't want to look at Lasaire Choille at this stage it's so long. I went to Easter revision course and we were given notes on all pros bar Lcoille..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mountaingoat97

You mentioned Lasaire Choile (caca milis if that's what you do) isn't lasaire choille separate pros???? I know Caca and Gnathrud I really don't want to look at Lasaire Choille at this stage it's so long. I went to Easter revision course and we were given notes on all pros bar Lcoille..

I'm pretty sure an lasair coille and caca Millis always come up together

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

They come up together but you only have to answer one of them. I only have caca milis studied.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Good luck to all you poor fückers doing the LC!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

If you were given the title 'Bochtannas in Eirinn' could you twist it and say that there is no poverty in Ireland in comparrision to the rest of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

oktplz wrote: »
    If you were given the title 'Bochtannas in Eirinn' could you twist it and say that there is no poverty in Ireland in comparrision to the rest of the world?

Yes you're allowed to disagree or agree with the title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

Has anyone got notes for an triail, the power of the church in the 60's. Ive only prepared an answer on fimíneacht.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 me1289

seriously though what are you meant to do if you focus on 6 topics and not one of them applies to the aiste or diospoireacht titles? im so worried this will happen

Also, does anybody have any notes for the new junior cert?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement