Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Irish / Gaeilge HL ... predictions, guesses, discussion ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Do we have to know about the prós author/director? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

me1289 wrote: »
    seriously though what are you meant to do if you focus on 6 topics and not one of them applies to the aiste or diospoireacht titles? im so worried this will happen

Come up with your own- make basic sentences about the topic and use your high-quality filler sentences from your learned off essays.

But hopefully that won't happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mahnoor12383

RoRo979 wrote: »
    i think both of those essay titles are likely, im not covering Dis or an spailpin fanach whatsoever, im covering the 2 that havnt pretty well, then the 2012 stuff half arsed and not going near last years or 2 years ago

Ok thanks,I really hope one of those comes up cos I feel really dont feel confident about twisting an essay.As for pros and filiocht i think i'll do the same and hope for the best,hopefully the exam maker people wont be that cruel.

RoRo979 wrote: »
    I understand stress is getting to people so I would like to help, I have essays on
    1) educational system
    2) homelessness
    3) war and terrorism
    4) old people
    5) environment
    6) media/new technology

with a long enough paragraph done on
    1) health system
    2) water charges

I have introductions/closing for:
    1) Debate
    2) Talk

If anyone is in need of them just pm your email and what you want. Please dont do it for the sake of it as I am also tight for time like you all. Most of them I will type and send however one/two may be pictures.
    I ask in return if people could send me any sample answers they have on caoineadh airt ui laoghire. Mainly:
    1) very strong 20 mark main theme of the poem
    2) minigh na línte
    3) meadareacht

thank you everyone
    Do the people who make the mocks usually predict some essay titles correctly? Im really stuck cos I want to learn maybe 5/6 essays that are very likely and broad or easy to manipulate and Im scared that what if nothing along the lines of whats predicted comes up cos im banking on irish for an A ,Any advice? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Do the people who make the mocks usually predict some essay titles correctly?
    They occasionally hit close to the mark on one or two, but it's just blind luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 lcstudent1234

learned off essays are the only way when competing against fluent gaeilgoiri and attenders of gaelcholaisti when looking for a high grade at hl, otherwise you are only fooling yourself. if youre aiste is obviously learned off but is perfect in content and grammar you will surely be marked highly? all schools i know including institutes just learn off aisti

I was wondering as i have myself learned off aisti, if going over on word count, like 700 words would result in marks being lost? :/ any insight would be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jgirl18

learned off essays are the only way when competing against fluent gaeilgoiri and attenders of gaelcholaisti when looking for a high grade at hl, otherwise you are only fooling yourself. if youre aiste is obviously learned off but is perfect in content and grammar you will surely be marked highly? all schools i know including institutes just learn off aisti

I was wondering as i have myself learned off aisti, if going over on word count, like 700 words would result in marks being lost? :/ any insight would be great thanks

I'm trying to learn of aistes too and I only know two pretty well. The other was in Daoine gan Didin and its really tough Irish and it's hard to get into my head. I'm still trying to work my way through all the pros and poetry too so will have to leave more essays until wknd. I'm freaking out. Nobody has mentioned in the pros seipeal anything happening with that???

Not true if you have good grammar already there's no need to learn off an essay. You do have lots of time to proof read. In my opinion its not worth the hassle or time, I just know a few key points/vocab and all my phrases and that's enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

Can someone tell me if there's anything wrong in this sentence, ''Thuig daoine go mbeadh poist maithe ar fàil don daoine oillte''.

jgirl18 wrote: »
    I'm trying to learn of aistes too and I only know two pretty well. The other was in Daoine gan Didin and its really tough Irish and it's hard to get into my head. I'm still trying to work my way through all the pros and poetry too so will have to leave more essays until wknd. I'm freaking out. Nobody has mentioned in the pros seipeal anything happening with that???

Focus on getting your aisti right as they are worth high marks and dont worry theres loads of time in the exam to remember the irish you have learned. for the pros im only studying caca milis, gnathrud and going to read over hurlamaboc just in case. :)
    Peg14 wrote: »
    Not true if you have good grammar already there's no need to learn off an essay. You do have lots of time to proof read. In my opinion its not worth the hassle or time, I just know a few key points/vocab and all my phrases and that's enough for me.

it doesn't come easily to all, but if thats what works for you good luck! i like the notion of having a chance to ace the aiste if my topic comes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Js1997

I think that politics or terrorism could come up for the aiste.
    I'm not too sure about water charges I think this would be more suited to a comprehension.

I feel a bit worried for the pros/filiocht as all we have studied this year are colscaradh, geibheann, gnathrud and caca milis, I feel like we are relying too much on these and feel like that I'd do terrible if they didn't come up, although they are most likely.

Js1997 wrote: »
    I think that politics or terrorism could come up for the aiste.
    I'm not too sure about water charges I think this would be more suited to a comprehension.

I feel a bit worried for the pros/filiocht as all we have studied this year are colscaradh, geibheann, gnathrud and caca milis, I feel like we are relying too much on these and feel like that I'd do terrible if they didn't come up, although they are most likely.

There's no time to do everything even in a year with all the other subjects. I am studying colscaradh, Geibhean and an tEarrach thiar for poetry and Gnathrud and caca for pros. If they don't come up I'm literally screwed. I'm an external candidate so don't know anything about the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tet2015

Why is everyone studying seandaoine for aiste?! All I've studied for aiste are these:

Media & Internet (negative effects - can squeeze some positives on the day),
    Important things in my life (seeing as it came up twice in the past years)
    and Travelling

I think these are enough, and if it doesn't work out on the day, I'll find a way. What do you guys think?

Tet2015 wrote: »
    Why is everyone studying seandaoine for aiste?! All I've studied for aiste are these:

Media & Internet (negative effects - can squeeze some positives on the day),
    Important things in my life (seeing as it came up twice in the past years)
    and Travelling t

I think these are enough, and if it doesn't work out on the day, I'll find a way. What do you guys think?

Sounds good. I have a good bit on social media learned too fingers crossed it comes up. It would be a nice thing to talk about. Good and bad sides like the no make up selfies but then downside of neknomination. Travelling also good know the countries obviously 😄 could talk about how Ireland is becoming more popular now to holiday here but expensive. I don't know why Seandaoine either I could make up a page on that.

jgirl18 wrote: »
    Sounds good. I have a good bit on social media learned too fingers crossed it comes up. It would be a nice thing to talk about. Good and bad sides like the no make up selfies but then downside of neknomination. Travelling also good know the countries obviously 😄 could talk about how Ireland is becoming more popular now to holiday here but expensive. I don't know why Seandaoine either I could make up a page on that.

im going with an coras oideachais, an sceimhlitheoireacht and baol/bagairt an idirlin you guys are worrying me now

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tet2015

im going with an coras oideachais, an sceimhlitheoireacht and baol/bagairt an idirlin you guys are worrying me now

Don't know why you'd learn terrorism but you've got coras oideachais and baol/bagairt an idirlin so I guess you're fine.

There are some aiste predictions on this thread I've never even seen in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shan016

I've learnt the health system, emigration/unemployment and social issues (alcohol drugs crime) am I safe? What else should I look over to be safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 clarebear15

Would anyone pleaseeeee be able to email me an essay on old people ? I'm so desperate as I lost all my notes Id be forever thankful!!! Private message me and I'll give u my email!
    Thanks in advance

I don't have that essay prepared unfortunately.

For Caca Milis does anyone have this question prepared. It would be horrible to get it:

"Is minic a bhionn saol uaigneach ag an te ata difruil ar bhealach eigin sa saol seo agus go mbionn an duine sin imeallaithe ag a sochai. An raiteas sin a phle i gcomhtheacs sa scanan caca milis????

Thuig daoine go mbeadh poist maithe ar fáil don daoine oillte. Is there any grammer wrong in that sentence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

Thuig daoine go mbeadh poist maithe ar fáil don daoine oillte. Is there any grammer wrong in that sentence?

ar you trying to say" People understood that there would be jobs for skilled people"

Would anyone pleaseeeee be able to email me an essay on old people ? I'm so desperate as I lost all my notes Id be forever thankful!!! Private message me and I'll give u my email!
    Thanks in advance

Yes plz someone,I really need one too,I feel so unprepared cos the essays I have are not exactly whats being predicted so Id be so grateful to have one I can feel at least some confidence about.

''Thuig daoine go mbeadh poist maithe ar fáil don daoine oillte'' = ''People realized that there would be jobs available for educated people'' Does it look right to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

This weekend is gonna be all about Irish and about 1 hour of pass maths :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

''Thuig daoine go mbeadh poist maithe ar fáil don daoine oillte'' = ''People realized that there would be jobs available for educated people'' Does it look right to you?

I think this is right, both do and don take a +h, but I think it's do as opposed to don
    Thuig daoine go mbeadh poist maithe ar fáil do dhaoine oillte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

Why are people so obsessed with 'Old People' coming up as an essay?
    Who said?

I hope old people come up

need to do corás sláinte and timpeallacht and then I think I will be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dingle123

How do you say "The word poverty is associated with daoine gan didean"
    Could you say "tá an focal bochtanas ag baint le daoine gan didean"?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

Níl aon dabht ach go bhfuil baint ag an facoal bochtannas le daoine gan dídean " not sure however

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 frie

Guys, I am in trouble... Don't know a single essay yet and also need to study for maths, French and history, could someone please tell me most likely essay titles that I should learn?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement