Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Irish / Gaeilge HL ... predictions, guesses, discussion ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lexijade

frie wrote: »
    Guys, I am in trouble... Don't know a single essay yet and also need to study for maths, French and history, could someone please tell me most likely essay titles that I should learn?

Possibly something on water charges? That would link into government and social problems etc. That's my plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭riskshamam

Dingle123 wrote: »
    How do you say "The word poverty is associated with daoine gan didean"
    Could you say "tá an focal bochtanas ag baint le daoine gan didean"?

Really nice way of saying it: "Ta bochtanas agus daoine gan dídean fire fuaite le chéile"
    Basically means they're tied together

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Clare0101

Is anyone at all learning scéals or am I the only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lc2015123

Really stuck for time so just learned old people and the education system. Just wondering lets say for instance young people came up, if i changed all "seandaoine" to "daoine oga" in my essay would i still get marks even though id be saying things like "young people struggle with technology". Also if "things that are important to me" came up could you just write your essay on the education system and explain why its important to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 corkman4

Clare0101 wrote: »
    Is anyone at all learning scéals or am I the only one?

yeah i am doing a sceal on a girl that runs away from home what are you doing it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 hannahdfghjkl

Will seandaoine and an coras oideachais be enough for me? I also have easpa didine and mean cumarsaide written but I don't think I'll have the time to learn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Clare0101

corkman4 wrote: »
    yeah i am doing a sceal on a girl that runs away from home what are you doing it on

I've done two, one about a lady who's husband dies and the other a guy wins the lotto? What do you think will come up this year for the scéals?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 corkman4

Clare0101 wrote: »
    I've done two, one about a lady who's husband dies and the other a guy wins the lotto? What do you think will come up this year for the scéals?

Im hoping misneach which is courage will come up how long are ur two stories

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jgirl18

I have essays written on water charges, social media and mental health which I hope I can twist for a few things if needed. I'm bricking it that the titles won't be very nice. Also so worried about how much I need to write about poetry and pros. Any advice?? I have a bad feeling Geibhean will come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

frie wrote: »
    Guys, I am in trouble... Don't know a single essay yet and also need to study for maths, French and history, could someone please tell me most likely essay titles that I should learn?

A Diospoireacht (Debate) on water charges!
    Or anything really to do with it.
    Homelessness is likely also, considering it has been in the media,
    particularly around the time the paper was set in 2014.
    jgirl18 wrote: »
    I have essays written on water charges, social media and mental health which I hope I can twist for a few things if needed. I'm bricking it that the titles won't be very nice. Also so worried about how much I need to write about poetry and pros. Any advice?? I have a bad feeling Geibhean will come up.

I think it will be between Geibheann and Colscaradh,
    which, in my opinion, are great ones!

For Geibheann, you will probably be asked why theres a lot more to it than meets the eye (ie, that it is really about Caitlin Maude and her illness/suffering)
    In which case, you should structure the answer according to the animal long ago, and the animal now, comparing it to the woman who was healthy, happy long ago. But later, she was sick etc.

In terms of pros... i think Caca Milis, and An Gnathrud.
    If its An Gnathrud, then it will be questions like 'The North', and 'The Title, AN Gnathrud'. Could also be cen sort duine Q, in terms of either Jimmy or Sarah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭STEEL COMET

in the comprehensions do you need to change the answer if they ask like this:

Q: When was Enda Kenny born?

A: ".....I was born in 1952...."

will this actually get you full marks?

would you not have to change it to He was born?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

I'm really winging it and only learning an aiste on the media/technology. It hasn't appeared on the paper in the last 2 years so I'm praying...

Could bullsh*t my way through something on Ireland/Gaeltacht/Cultúr but that stuff has been up so often I doubt they'll put it up again.

If any poem or prose comes up that isn't geibheann/colscaradh/gnathrud/lasair choille evidently we'll all be i gcruachas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sorchagallyx

any predictions for an trial ???

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lc2015123

Will seandaoine and an coras oideachais be enough for me? I also have easpa didine and mean cumarsaide written but I don't think I'll have the time to learn them.

I've only got them two learned also. Just wondering how bad would it be to change all the times you wrote seandaoine to daoine oga in your essay if young people come up, like the essay wouldnt make sense but the irish would still be perfect you know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Ag_science2015

Really starting to panic now. Left ALL my Irish notes in school. would someone be willing to send me an essay on Old people, education system or a story. would really appreciate it and can give my email to you if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aldc18

I have essays learnt on The Education System, Politicians/Water Charges and Seandaoine.. will this be enough or should I go and learn a general essay? :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 liverpool1997

would be interested in education system and old people if any1 sahring them

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

Just wondering, how are people who don't learn off essays studying for P1

Fiona G wrote: »
    I'm really winging it and only learning an aiste on the media/technology. It hasn't appeared on the paper in the last 2 years so I'm praying...

Could bullsh*t my way through something on Ireland/Gaeltacht/Cultúr but that stuff has been up so often I doubt they'll put it up again.

If any poem or prose comes up that isn't geibheann/colscaradh/gnathrud/lasair choille evidently we'll all be i gcruachas :P

Wait I thought Laisaire choile wouldn't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bmea

I'm learning a general opening and key points on Sceimhlitheoireacht, Coras Oideachas and i'll probably do meabhairghalair

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Ag_science2015

Really starting to panic now. Left ALL my Irish notes in school. would someone be willing to send me an essay on Old people, education system or a story. would really appreciate it and can give my email to you if you need it. Any1 sharing essays

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

jgirl18 wrote:
    Wait I thought Laisaire choile wouldn't come up.

It comes up with cáca millis, you study one or the other.

Just thinking about it, they'd hardly put up geibheann and lasair choille together seeing as caitlin maude wrote the both of them?
    It'd be likely to be colscaradh + lasair choille/caca millis or geibheann + gnathrud in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

OMGeary wrote: »
    Just wondering, how are people who don't learn off essays studying for P1

Learning vocab and phrases for topics and then I'm going to mold them into the answers! I have an intro and ending learnt for the Diaspoireact just in case but that's all I've learnt off.

Also learnt some general phrases and facts for the topics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eimear97

Fadhbanna na Duine oig or coras slainte ? Also what are the chances of Fimineacht coming up for An Triail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

learning dis as a precaution as it was poorly answered last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 iesdraob

Would I be safe with:

An Coras Oideachas
    Foreigean

Dís
    Gnathrud
    Lasair Choille

Geibheann
    Colscaradh

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭riskshamam

bmea wrote: »
    I'm learning a general opening and key points on Sceimhlitheoireacht, Coras Oideachas and i'll probably do meabhairghalair

What is sceimhlitheoireacht?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

Worried about An Triail.. Maybe how her society contributed to the tragedy, or the role of minor characters, or techniques? Hopefully not techniques though I will be ag caoineadh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 iesdraob

Bah_Humbug wrote: »
    Worried about An Triail.. Maybe how her society contributed to the tragedy, or the role of minor characters, or techniques? Hopefully not techniques though I will be ag caoineadh.

I will be learning something on those points exactly.
    Plus the character of Máire.
    All predicted by my teacher.

• Advertisement

riskshamam wrote: »
    What is sceimhlitheoireacht?

Its terrorism

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement