Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darragh Mc Anthony

• 10-01-2015 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Always been a bit outspoken about Peterborough but tonight was well.....

Darragh MacAnthony @DMAC102 · 3h 3 hours ago
    Like all Posh fans & our Manager, there are many things i'm well & truly p...d off & have the hump with after today, care to know them all?
    1. P..d off that its always the manager who is held responsible when a team of players fold like a stack of cards when the going gets tough!
    Darragh MacAnthony @DMAC102 · 2h 2 hours ago
    2. P...d off our team can play with that kind of tempo/intensity for first 25 mins, then follow that up with the 65 mins we all witnessed!
    3. P..d off that a player of Joe Newells ability can miss an open goal from 5 yards out early on. He should be scoring 10/15 a season.
    4. P....d off that a striker I paid half a million for minutes before Colchester score scuffs great chance 8 yards out with nobody near him

5. P...d off that Bossie allows their top scorer to get in front of him to tap in their first goal, shouldnt happen!
    6. P....d off our CB runs 50 yards to edge of oppositions box, doesnt pass or shoot but loses ball & they go other end and score.
    7.P...d off both our full backs who plenty of the ball couldnt deliver any crosses of any merit or quality or with urgency.
    arragh MacAnthony @DMAC102 · 2h 2 hours ago
    8. P..d off we had a ref who cost us Crewe game cause of incorrect decision was given us again, then sent manager off & many yellows today!
    9. P...d off that as going has got tough many thousands of fans have bit like our players, have folded and taken their ball and gone home!
    arragh MacAnthony @DMAC102 · 2h 2 hours ago
    10. P...d off with everything, but tomorrow ill still pay the bills & next Saturday will pay thousands to watch my team play & hopefully win
    11. P...d off that our GK had 3 shots to save all game but we conceded 2 goals

As for people saying you shouldn't tweet etc as its not becoming of a chairman; I live in the 21st Century, maybe others should do the same!
    Oh & finally;if any of my plyrs are bit too sensitive to whats been said,feel free to let me know anytime.Or Alternatively just do your job!

Pretty epic rant but is he right to slate the players?

Also doing it during transfer window....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

dreamers75 wrote: »

Epic rant but is he right to slate the players??

No he's an idiot who is fame hungry and wants to be a playboy chairman. He forgets its Peterborough he owns and not it man utd. He's embarrassing himself and telling professional footballers how to play football and supporters who've been at the club before him and will be there long after him how to support their home team. He should shut the **** up and be a chairman or else piss off and do his coaching badges and show everybody the football genius he really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Stupid rant in a man of his position.

It will hurt the club as players won't want to join them in future.

Strikes me as the equivalent of fishing for likes on Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

They pay decent wages at Peterborough so I highly doubt players looking to go to a club could care less what the chairman says.

He's invested some serious money in Peterborough, and they are on a much more sound footing financially as a result, just because they aren't in the Premier League doesn't invalidate any of his points. There is football outside the Premier league that people care about. It will be interesting to see what Posh fans think about it, which is most important.

So I actually think he's a decent chairman and actually communicates with his fans. Say all this as a Northampton fan, who's chairman has said virtually nothing about a stand that has sat there half finished for the whole season with workers downing tools and changes managers more often than some posters in AH change their underwear*

Saying all that though, hope Posh get relegated and go out of business. Up the Cobblers, F*ck the Posh.

*Reference to some AH thread about hygiene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So I actually think he's a decent chairman and actually communicates with his fans.

Pats Chairman has given maybe 2 interviews in his time in charge, 8 years or so.

So I look at this with a befuddled look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

None of this kind of stuff is new for Peterborough anyway. Barry Fry is still there ffs, rent a quote and before that we had the sky series with Ron Atkinson going in and usurping their manager all in front of the cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Having a go at the player who missed an open goal was the worst. It probably wasn't as bad as he's made out and it happens to the best of strikers from time to time. And the worst thing you can do after it is have a go at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Love the rant. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

dreamers75 wrote: »

Pretty epic rant but is he right to slate the players?

Also doing it during transfer window....

If you going to rant like that, I;d argue it;s the best time to do it...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If he owns the club he can say what he likes imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

To the best of my knowledge he has always come across as a decent chairman with his head screwed on. Nothing wrong with what he said, but I don't see the benefit of it either. Players get worse, the results get worse, the club gets relegated, I don't see any good side to it for him. Man management is clearly not his thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

That dude needs to chill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If he owns the club he can say what he likes imo.

Exactly, he owns the club, he pays the wages, he makes sure the stadium is there, the pitch is playable etc. He can say what he wants.

The football world, the players, the supporters etc better get used to it because it's going to happen a lot more in the future.

dfx- wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge he has always come across as a decent chairman with his head screwed on.

Maybe a decent chairman.

A quick search on Google will reveal a lot of accusations about him outside football. He refers to paying the bills, some people now have trouble paying their own because of schemes he was linked to. In fairness, I believe he denies personal liability and of course is entitled to a presumption of innocence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

People who think it's unprofessional are the reason why we have dull press conferences. The man is in a position that allows him to speak his mind and unlike 99.99% of people involved in high level football positions he exercised that freedom. It would be a better sport if people didn't look for any reason to be outraged. Not a single point looked out of line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

People who think it's unprofessional are the reason why we have dull press conferences. The man is in a position that allows him to speak his mind and unlike 99.99% of people involved in high level football positions he exercised that freedom. It would be a better sport if people didn't look for any reason to be outraged. Not a single point looked out of line.

Spot on. Football media is such nonsense these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Not out of line but out of character for a chairman who doesn't seem easily fooled.

Yet he is going on about referees like a full blown Mourinho 'campaign' and how calling out his striker will make him suddenly not scuff the ball or his centre half to shoot. Or how 3 shots to save means two goals shouldn't be conceded, that's not how football works.

It shows what football can do to otherwise smart people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Reads like a rant from someone who has seen all that he describes just a little too often this season.
    So he had enough and needed to vent.
    He kept it pretty "clean" too.

Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

dfx- wrote: »
    Not out of line but out of character for a chairman who doesn't seem easily fooled.

Yet he is going on about referees like a full blown Mourinho 'campaign' and how calling out his striker will make him suddenly not scuff the ball or his centre half to shoot. Or how 3 shots to save means two goals shouldn't be conceded, that's not how football works.

It shows what football can do to otherwise smart people.
    That's true. I'd add that Twitter also makes people prone to stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I have no problem with what he said. He was particularly spot on when he was complaining about the manager always getting the blame when it goes tits up on the pitch. Yes, the manager picks the team and sends the players out onto the pitch. However, it is then up to the players to perform to the best of their ability, and not make schoolboy errors. You can't blame the manager for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Peterborough have massively under-performed this season. Play-offs would have been the absolute minimum requirement this season but they will probably not even make that.

The Chairman saved that club from going bust in the tail-end of the Barry Fry days. They now have investment, scouting and infrastructure which are the envy of the lower leagues and typically play bright, attacking, stylish football played by talented young players bought from non-league and sold on. Essentially it is the perfect model for any small club.

Fair play to him. If he's had enough then he'd be welcome to buy Ron Martin out of Southend United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Any other Chairman I'd say fair play but not this one, you are unable to criticise him in any form or he will have the lawyers after you, you know that lad in the pub who slags everyone but gets pissed off when he gets slagged back, well that's him, made his money from selling Overseas Properties during the boom to unsuspecting mainly Irish buyers.
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/discussion-of-macanthony-real-estate-mri-is-banned.55216/#post-1223536
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/article-on-macanthony-in-todays-13-jan-08-irish-times.72088/#post-554411

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

patmac wrote: »
    made his money from selling Overseas Properties during the boom to unsuspecting mainly Irish buyers.
    [/url]

Why unsuspecting? Did they not know they were buying houses.

Advertisement