Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride On Mower - Finance?

• 10-01-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Folks

just a quick question, does anyone know anywhere that sell Ride on Mowers on finance. would be able to pay, but don't have the money just yet, and I want to keep the credit union free until the summer?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

wiseoldelf wrote: »
    Hi Folks

just a quick question, does anyone know anywhere that sell Ride on Mowers on finance. would be able to pay, but don't have the money just yet, and I want to keep the credit union free until the summer?

Thanks

Firstly, do you actually need a ride on?

Secondly, just put it on a credit card and pay a few hundred a month until paid off probably cheaper than a lot of finance options if available which I doubt there are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭wiseoldelf

Thanks Monkeynuz,

I've just over 3/4 acre in lawns to cover, takes me hours with a push lawnmower, and refuse to get a credit card, as I know I would use it way too much.. I'll just have to save until the summer, and work with the push mower for now

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Thanks Monkeynuz,

I've just over 3/4 acre in lawns to cover, takes me hours with a push lawnmower, and refuse to get a credit card, as I know I would use it way too much.. I'll just have to save until the summer, and work with the push mower for now

Thanks

Perhaps you need a better walk behind it should only take an hour with a walk behind really.

Thanks Monkeynuz,

Thanks

I'm inclined to agree with monkeynuz. You will get a decent walk behind for half the price of a ride on for domestic use or even less

If its taking you hours to cut the grass then you are not cutting it often enough. If you cut it more often it will be way easier. Even divide into 4 or 5 sections and cut one every 1 to 2 days. its amazing how quickly you will cut grass that's growing for only four days in the height of summer. Saves you time in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Good exercise too, keep away from those credit loans if you can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

jezko wrote: »
    Good exercise too, keep away from those credit loans if you can

Most of the dealers also do second hand ride ons as well. Lots of people trade up from to a more powerful model after a few years . Most mowers only get 20-40 hours of use a year which is trivial.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

Borzoi wrote: »
    Lots of people trade up from to a more powerful model after a few years .
    That's what the dealer will tell you. If they are buying a more powerful model then the first one will have been used beyonds it's limits.

Advertisement