Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bringing a bike on public transport

• 11-01-2015 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Will soon be picking up a secondhand bike in Dublin City Center.
    Haven't planned how to get it home yet. I don't drive and haven't cycled in over ten years, so riding home in Dublin isn't my preferred option.

I know you can't take bikes on Dublin Bus, what about the Luas? Can't really think of a better way to get it home (to Tallaght)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

From here
    Can I take a bicycle on board the tram?
    Only collapsible bicycles stored in a carrier bag may be brought on board. Otherwise no bicycles are allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Remove front wheel and it's 'baggage'. Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Mini van taxi might be the best option. Can bring bikes on the DART outside of rush hour, but that's not much use if you live in Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Of if you'd like someone to cycle with you, I'll do it (or if there's anyone who lives in Tallaght they might volunteer?) We could walk our bikes until out of the main town traffic (only a couple of hundred metres), then take to the back streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alexwent

nak wrote: »
    Mini van taxi might be the best option. Can bring bikes on the DART outside of rush hour, but that's not much use if you live in Tallaght.

Have you experience of doing this/do you know if they'd let me? I'll ask at a rank when I'm in town next..
    Of if you'd like someone to cycle with you, I'll do it (or if there's anyone who lives in Tallaght they might volunteer?) We could walk our bikes until out of the main town traffic (only a couple of hundred metres), then take to the back streets.

Really great offer, thank you so much. If I don't sort out something I'll contact you nearer the time, for now my best plan was just walking the whole way out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

My understanding is that luas don't mind people bringing bikes on off peak quiet luas

Scratch that-seems it was very short lived

Advertisement